• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do You Accept Friend Requests?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I send and accept requests so that I can get to know people who i'll be seeing alot better. It helps start conversations, and you never know, the person you send/accept a request may turn out to be a great friend who you'll remember for a long time, even though you've never met them in person.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Heh, I used take friend requests really seriously when I started forumming. It was like, "omg, someone who actually likes me! =D... Or do they really...?" And sending a request was like offering them my left arm or something, lol.

I don't think too much about it now. If I talk to someone for a little while, I'll probably send them a friend request. Not always though. But I accept any that come my way. I get a lot of requests from people I've never talked to/seen before. =P

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Like a lot of people have said, I accept everyone who send me requests, but myself dont' usually send them out. I usually communicate with them unless they're on the SB, but it's just somethign fun to do. Plus, if we do want to communicate, we can. Simple as that! :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
From the first day I joined I got a friendship request. I accepted. Why? Because I see it as a welcome sign. Be honest...if you join a Site and you got a friendship request it makes you feel much more comfortable, right? I don't care about the number of friends. I don't want to accept friends only to raise my friends number up. Even if the people who do send you a request might try to get their numbers up it is still a warm feeling.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I accept Friend Requests often, though I deny others if I don't know them. If I see their posts or threads OR if I talk to them at the SB, I accept them immediately. I tend to send friend requests rather than receive them. It gives me a feeling that I made a new friend.

I pretty much always accept them, and pretty much always have since I've been on ZD.

I think I can recall denying one. Just one. I think it was because the person had been banned.

Anyway, there's not much behind it. To be honest I wish friend requests were more personal things... like only your closest friends (or closer friends, at least). But that's not what it is, really, on the internet in general, and I've accepted that. So I pretty much accept them all unless there's a significant reason for me not to.

I do let my friend requests pile up like I do with my VMs before I go through them though. :P I also make effort to message each one of the people who send me requests at least once, even though some of them never respond. -.-

I personally tend to only accept friend requests from people I actually talk to, although I need to go through the friend section again and remove a few members who as far as I know, no longer active anymore. Most of the time though, I do accept them because they usually are requested by the people I talk to. I do however deny the ones that are requested from people I've either never heard of or don't talk to.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I'm about to friend a few of you. :P My idea for sending friend requests is to be able to start conversations later. Problem is I'm inherently shy and haven't messaged many people afterwards...

When ever i get a friend request i accept it because i barly have any friends. I have 12 but yea friends are great to have there part of your family!! :)

I usually accept a friend request after someone has talked to me at least once or twice on the shoutbox or in the forums. I usually send a friend request to someone after we talked a bunch of times or after a long conversation. I don't actually deney any, but their are a few still waiting to be accepted because I've never heard of thoes people before.

(oh and skull Kid im your friend!!)

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Depends on the site I am on. As I am not on here as much as I am other forums, I generally accept any friend requests here. On PSO-World, however, as I am there almost all the time, I am more cautious about who I accept. People I have chatted with or people who have good posting history, or people whom I am agreeable with, as well as the other PSOW mods and admins alongside me. Should a user I dislike or have seen to be a scab on the rear of the forum, I deny the request.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I generally accept friend requests from anyone. Who couldn't use more friends, after all?

The only exceptions are people I really dislike. But there are very few of those, and most of the time they're openly hostile enough towards me that I doubt they'd send a friend request.

Basically I agree with you. I love getting to know people online... unless they want me for one thing... >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom