• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do You Accept Friend Requests?

octorok74

TETTAC
It has always perplexed me as to why people on here accept and deny friend requests. All I want to find out is why you accept/ deny friend requests and how you go about deciding whether that member should be your friend.

I usually look at how many posts a member has, how long they have been a member, and I look at the quality of there posts. Most of the time I do accept friend requests, but every once in a while I turn them down.

So everyone, commence with the posting.

Whenever I get a friend request, I just go ahead and accept it. I actually have never denied a friend request, but I have removed users, well, really only one, but that was because the user got banned.

Kazumi

chagy
Well. I've never turned down a friend request. And I rarely send out friend requests, unless I have known that person for a long time and I really have no idea why I'm not their friend yet. For some reason I get quite a few random friend requests from people I don't even know. And sometimes I really want to turn a friend request down. But I just can't. That would be mean.

But I don't send them out. Only accept them.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I generally accept friend requests from anyone. Who couldn't use more friends, after all?

The only exceptions are people I really dislike. But there are very few of those, and most of the time they're openly hostile enough towards me that I doubt they'd send a friend request.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Pretty much what Kazumi said. I accept every friend request that comes my way, but practically never send out requests to others, with the only exceptions being these random impulses I get occasionally after an interesting conversation. I feel like there's really no reason not to accept, and it might be rude or hurtful to deny.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I tend not to accept friend requests incredibly easy. If I don't know a person very well, I generally don't accept them. And I've only sent a couple friend requests, most of them just people I get along with great. And there is no "dislike" factor for me because I either don't know you well enough to like or dislike you, or I like you. I'm simple like that.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Usually unless I find a bubbling mess of stupid emanating from their posts I'll accept the friend request, also if they're new users. I'll send friend requests to people who I click with through personal/visitor messages or normal forum posts.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I think it'd be rude not to. I mean... maybe they actually do want to be my friend. Only a couple of the people who have sent me them have actually associated with me since, but you never know who might turn out to be a really great friend. I guess I just like having friends. :>

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I do it as a sign of friendship. I am not rude with anyone, could never be, really. And so well, we are all members of this wonderful community, shouldn't we all be friends? Or better yet...one big happy family? I call dibs on being that sweet...big brother. :P

All in all, I accept requests because I am friendly to anyone and everyone.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've only ever requested friendship of maybe two people on here. The rest.... I have loads of "friends" just from accepting those who request of me. I don't think much of it - I accept if I've seen a few of a person's posts and I'm sufficently assured that they aren't a troll or a fly-by-night. If I've not seen many posts from someone, I'll usually deny the request. I honestly don't think much of it, so don't get too excited if I friend you and don't be too dissapointed if I deny you. I always figure denied folks will try again.

I'm opinionated and verbose, but when it comes down to actually making friends, I'm pretty shy - so just don't feel too special or bad either way.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The possibility of a new friend is enough reason for me to accept someones friend request. I'm easy going so if someone wants to get to know me, that's cool i guess. Not that you'll like me when you actually do get to know me but it's the thought that counts. It is the extension of goodwill that keeps me accepting others requests and though sometimes i feel like I'm being too nice by letting just about anyone be my friend I also realize that I'm not so special myself and that I should at least give others the chance to become closer...

I'm not that cool but I think I am. heh

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I except friend requests from anyone,I barely dish them out.I except them because it's a sign that those people think I'm nice or funny or epic or awesome.It makes me feel good.I still remember my first friend request.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I was a bit more discerning when I first joined the forums. But now I just accept all the requests I get, regardless of who they are. I don't really care one way or the other, but it is easier to just accept than to leave the request unanswered. I have discovered that requestees tend to message you a lot asking why you have not responded yet. It's a nuisance that I don't want to deal with.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I've gotten many friend requests from people I don't even know, but I accepted them because I figured that if we start chatting in visitor messages and stuff, we could become friends. I've never denied a friend request, and I don't plan to. It just seems too mean to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom