• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do Some Zelda Fans Think That SS Will Explain the Begging of the Hylian Race?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
First off, this wasn't posted to make anyone feel stupid, I'm sorry if it does (I doubt it will o.o).
Ok, so some fans are now stating that Skyward Sword will explain the begging of the Hylian race, and quiet frankly, I find it impossible... I want to know what facts there are to follow up this theory :)
So, I don't think this theory could be true because:
1.If the land below is overrun by evil monsters, and there are no Hylians down there, who is in distress? Why would Link need to go down there? Who is he protecting?
2.Link has a Hylian Shield in the game, and if there are no Hylians, why does he have their shield? :suspicious:
Hrmm...
Make sure to post your opinion, ok?!

He had a hylian shield in the "demo". That's not the finalized version of the game and it was said the demo won't be in the final version at all. And people speculate this because the logo of the game contains the Hylian crest, therefore people are guessing it would explain the origins of that crest...and others the birth of the Hylians. It is true that the logo for a Zelda game usually contains an item of importance, so if the Hylian Crest stays in the final logo, this wouldn't be any different.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OoT and/or LttP said that the Hylians were the first race created, then TP said there was one before that (Oocca). TP also said that the Oocca went to the sky when the Hylians were created. SS features one character coming down from the sky, not a whole race going up. Since there have been people living in the sky for a while, the Hylians must have been around for a while so their origins can't be explained in this game (except in BS or retcon).

The Hylian Royal Crest just means that the Hylian Royal Family may play an important part in the game, not necessarily be created. I think the game will just describe why they adopted the symbol (possibly replacing an older one) that we see in the other games.

I believe it was said it TP that a great civil war occured in Hyrule and the Goddesses had to step in and seal away the dark intelopers, whom soon became the Twili.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
He had a hylian shield in the "demo". That's not the finalized version of the game and it was said the demo won't be in the final version at all. And people speculate this because the logo of the game contains the Hylian crest, therefore people are guessing it would explain the origins of that crest...and others the birth of the Hylians. It is true that the logo for a Zelda game usually contains an item of importance, so if the Hylian Crest stays in the final logo, this wouldn't be any different.

Well, the area was a demo only area, the enemies and Link are actually going to be in the game, or at least they will look similar... Sooo...
I highly doubt that the game will tell the creation of the Hylian race, my mind is made up, and there are no current facts to counter my decision.

I do not think it is the Unification War because that happens like right before OoT. It has to be something more anceint. Atleast 400 years earlier. Also, why is everyone calling it the Civil War? It is called the Unification War...

And where the hell did you come up with that name? I do not recall any war in the history of Hyrule ever being called that. However I have seen the civil war term used from various sources.

@ Weegee - Also the fact that the Temple in the Sky from TP and the Occaa is said to be the ancestors of the Hylians and living there mixed with the fact that in SS Link lives in a civilization in the sky that could have connections with said Temple in the Sky.

and whose to say if the Hylian shield started as the Hylian shield? The shield design could have come from Skyloft first, then the Hylian's adopted the design, maybe to honor ss link, who knows? According to what has been released about this game, the master sword hasn't always been the master sword either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom