• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Why Do Some People Hate Wind Waker Because of the Graphics?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
It's the same with everything. Movies are based on great CGI, Video games are based on graphics, all of it and it's stupid.
I've always thought the plot was more important and I like the plot the best. The Wind Waker plot was amazing and Zelda fans who said no to this game are really missing out.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
I personally think the battle style is the most detailed. Like, when you hit something like a moblin with a weapon, like you're sword, you here a hard slice and see a red visual definition that you sliced him. It's great! But it's still my 4th favorite Zedla game. So what it's not more realistic than what was shown in 2000, so what? Those picky people are missing out on a great adventure.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
When I first saw the Wind Waker graphics, I was stunned. I never hated the cel-shading, I started to respect it, Nintendo did a great job of adapting the story and theme with the graphics.

I don't know why people hate the Wind Waker's graphics, I just assume that they like the old fashioned, not cel-shaded graphics. They're just too picky.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i likely has something to do w/ what was shown at the 2000 spaceworld techdemo
ill admit it,id probably go ape**** too if something like that was replaced w/ cel-shade,but i don't care i effen loved wind waker's graphics

When I first saw the graphics of Wind Waker, I didn't like them. That is to say, I really hated cel-shaded graphics at the time. A while later though and after seeing them in nice fluid motion and how much like a cartoon it looked, I grew to love them, the style is very good and they're an excellent example of cel-shading done very right.

I still don't know if it was the graphics or if it was the character design overall for most people. Link kind of did look like a teletubby. Nintendo were very smart giving us the Wind Waker when they did, people *****ed to high heaven but now the Cel-shading seems to be Zelda's staple since so many people were unhappy with the way TP looked and seem to be much happier with the way SS looked even though it didnt have near as much heart as WW did.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I didn't play WW until 2004, almost two years after it was released. I really wasn't that excited about it. It wasn't necessarily the graphics, but it did look very childish to me. I ended up playing through it and really enjoyed it, but it isn't my favorite Zelda game by far. I can't really put my finger on what it was about it that didn't seem as special. The music is awesome and one of the best, imo. The graphics were nice and colorful. The characters were adorable (Medli, Makar, Gramma, Toon Link). I didn't enjoy sailing that much. I also hated Forsaken Fortress. That is probably my least favorite dungeon in any Zelda game. Maybe it was a letdown after the epic Majora's Mask for me??? I dunno.

@theoathtoorder i felt and still do feel exactly the same about SS as you do about WW, it didn't excite me even though i had nothing against any of the characters, and i didn't ind the graphics though i preferred wind waker's style. I hated flying and I hated the imprisoned. maybe just like with WW following MM, SS felt too different or too disappointing after TP

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I love Skyward Sword though. I like it better than TP. I remember the 3rd time battling Imprisoned I was like "wtf, first he grew arms now what? Is he gonna fly" and I was joking. Sure enough he started to fly. Good times. :)

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I think when the game first came out, people hated the graphics because they looked different than the Spacewrold 2000, oh you know the stroy behind that. Know, when you look at what's popular, Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games, darkness in general sell more and people want darkness and edgeiness. I personally love cel-shading, but think Wind Waker kinda went over-kill with the cartooniness.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Sadly kids these days have lost sight of fun cartoon and deep story like games and want to grab a gun and shoot. Wind Waker is happy game that gets your mood up. Does every game need to be depressing, mature and violent. I don't have a big problem with Mature games but the fact that people won't even look at games that are cartoony but are still great games makes me mad. First off the Artstyle of wind Waker fits the game perfectly and it is in no way a kid game. It is actully a bit more violent than most Zelda games. So stop holding to dark and mature style and just have some fun!

Because Haters are going to hate...
there are some people/ gamers that don't like games that are not "realist" or some such nonsense... Which is something that you shouldn't take to heart, for they are the ones that are really lossing out, not you! :)

most people who did dislike WW because of that reason, have too much nostalgia on their brains.
they didn't want the child like graphics, and instead wanted them to grow into something more.
I thought the graphics were quite amazing at the time.
the other people just got their panties in a knot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom