• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Why Do People Think OOT is Harder Than TP?

MW7

I played Ocarina for the first time so long ago that my opinion shouldn't mean anything, but I do think Ocarina was slightly harder than TP. It is like splitting hairs though because they are amongst the easiest games in the series and actually fairly similar in terms of difficulty imo. I think the puzzles in OoT are a little more challenging because dungeons didn't revolve around a single item as much as in TP. The Shadow Temple is a good example of how a dungeon can throw all sorts of random puzzles at you requiring a wide variety of items. I think that kind of game design is more challenging, but once again it's splitting hairs. The only game in the series I would say is easier than those two is Wind Waker.

I dunno, but I tend to agree that it's [TP] a lot easier. I found Twilight Princess to be too "hit-ty and that's it-y." There wasn't very much variety in the way I dispatched enemies; just beat them and call it a day. While Ocarina of Time had very much of the same, I felt that there was something different that set it apart from TP regarding enemies. I can't quite put my finger on it, though. It might have a lot to do with OoT's status in history as the first 3D Zelda, so it kind of gets that as an excuse as to why it's considered as harder—perhaps it's the steeper learning curve. I can't speak for those who've played TP before OoT, though, as they might have an entirely different opinion than mine. :j

I guess trying to pinpoint the differences in difficulty—in regards to puzzle solving, etc.—would be splitting hairs, as MW7 previously mentioned. :\

My first run of OOT i was 16 and my first run TP was a week before i played OOT so i played them back to back. TP i beat in three days and used a walkthrough only for heart peaces. IN OOT i used a walkthrough for heart peaces and that's all as well. OOT took me three months and TP took me three days so i would say OOT is harder. The easiest 3d zelda was MM though for me it took me two days and it was a really short game. I skipped every sidequest practically though lol.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
I was 6 when I started playing OOT and I kept putting it down for months at a time and picking it back up again so it took me about 2 years :`v`::notbad::silent:o_O I think that they are about even, it depends on the gamer and what they are good at.

I'd say my first time playing through both of them was at an equal. OoT was slightly easy due to watching my dad play it. TP, my dad went through some of the stuff on my file(due to confusion of names[file 1 and 2 were both set up as link]), plus I was battling cancer when I got the game.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I think that Twilight Princess is slightly harder. There's more dungeons and the bosses are tougher.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ocarina of Time is definitely harder than Twilight Princess. TP has no challenge in it at all. Every single boss, including Ganondorf, can't put up a fight. Every dungeon is a cakewalk, and most every puzzle (excluding the ice block sliding puzzles) take no thought to solve. No Zelda game is easier.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Post-LA Zelda has no challenge in it at all. Every single boss, including Ganondorf, can't put up a fight. Every dungeon is a cakewalk, and most every puzzle take no thought to solve.

Fix'd.

Although, I find it strange that you found those ice blocks puzzles hard and nothing else. Snowpeak Ruins had the easiest puzzles in the game.

OoX is probably harder than LA..

Tbh, I found LA to be one of the easiest zelda games of them all :s

Difficulty order for me, from hardest to easiest, would go: TAOL, ALTTP, TLOZ, OOS, MM, OOA, TP, ST, SS, PH, FSA, LA, TWW, TMC (would be easiest if not for the last boss), OOT, FS.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I said Post LA instead of modern Zelda because I know we all have our own definitions for "modern". Spirit Tracks was easy. Minish Cap and OoX are outliers (And made by Capcom) but still a joke compared to the original 3. MM is insanely easily, especially after you get the gilded sword (and there's no reason you'd miss it). Ocarina of Time had two challenging puzzles...and the term "puzzle" is debatable here (you just had to find those two secret areas in the water temple). Wind Waker had enemies that killed themselves. Skyward Sword was a step up in combat and a step down in puzzles when it comes to difficultly, so that's balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom