• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Do People Put the Ocarina on C-Left/Right

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In most gameplay of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I see people put the Ocarina on C-Left/C-Right...but I have it on C-Down virtually all the time. Is it a comfortability (not a word) thing? Or does it make glitches easier to perform or what?

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Maybe it depends on controller? When I'm playing on emulator, I'm placing the Ocarina on C-Right. When on console, maybe C-Down is better, because GameCube controller's Z button works like C-Down in this case and it's easy to access?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I do it because the Ocarina is probably the second thing I'll pull out. The down c-button is very inconvenient to me and just feels awkward so I'm more likely to put some temporary item there. The far right c-button is the easiest to access, so I put things like arrows there.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I put the ocarina on any c-button that has an item I'm not using at the time. I really don't care what items are on what c-button because I'm too lazy and impatient to worry about it and organize my buttons.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I put it on C-Right since that was the furthest away C button to press, the most awkward to reach, and it's rare I'd ever need to use the Ocarina under pressure. So, it goes there because it'll be less used and there's never a problem of needing to use it ASAP, or rarely. My main weapon always went on C-Left (Bow, Slingshot) being the easiest and secondary on down. :P Just, how I did it. Lol.

Salem

SICK
When I first played the game, I ALWAYS kept the Ocarina in the C-down, nowadays whatever, I put it on any slot. I wouldn't know why people keep it on any specific slot, it's a good thing the 3DS version keeps it on the touch screen, this keeps the other item slots free.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I always kept it on C-down but not for any reason other than it just ended up there or for convenience especially once you can warp/have the Song of Soaring because I am too lazy to walk across a field when I don't have to. I'm not that picky though, in battle or temple it's easier to have it on C-right or C-left to keep other weapons in easy access. I don't know about Gamecube, but this is definitely true for the N64 controller.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For convenience I guess, but I'm with others, I prefer the Ocarina on C Down.

The Ocarina is the main item I use, whether it be OoT or MM, especially the latter game as the Ocarina is utilised a lot more. It's just become accustom that I use down and I immediately pull out the Ocarina, it would feel weird in any other spot because I have become used to it. There's also the fact that on the GC controller, if I recall, you can use the easier-to-use buttons as an alternative to the C Stick (right and left). So having the likes of the bow on an actual button rather than analogue stick was much more easier to use in my opinion.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Force of habit. Ever since I was a kid I had it on the left and I never moved it. Now that I'm older I can't function without it staring at me from C-Left.

"Use me, Gumball. Uuuuuuse meeeeeeee... <3"

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I put the ocarina on any c-button that has an item I'm not using at the time. I really don't care what items are on what c-button because I'm too lazy and impatient to worry about it and organize my buttons.

That's basically me lol. I don't have time to think bout which buttons are which when I'm fighting monsters.

Mido

Version 1
When I was younger, I'd put the Ocarina anywhere, but as of late, I've been more prone to using C-Down. This is mainly due to the fact that I like my other items to be quickly at my disposal. My projectile launcher, whether it be a bow or slingshot, usually goes on C-Left to allow for quick aiming. Miscellaneous items go to the right for me.

I think it's just a matter of preference/convenience for the player's purpose of item location, as many have already said.

I always have the ocarina equipped, and it always goes on c-right. It's needed often enough to keep it handy, but it's rarely needed with any urgency. Keeping it always on the furthest c-button keeps it within reach, but more pressing items are closer at hand. (This being on the N64 controller, mind you.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom