• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do People Hate Google Chrome?

Tom

When it first came out I thought I'd never need to use Fire Fox again. I was wrong. After a few months using it, Google Chrome started to crash, and since then this has been happening more and more. I now have G-Chrome and FF on my computer, so when GC crashes, I use FF, and when FF stops working I go back using GC. However, while GC crashes very often, FF hardly ever does that. Plus, I don't see a huge difference between them. Fire Fox is fast enough to me,and since I hate when my browser deletes my posts / takes me out of pages without giving me the opportunity to save what I was doing, I prefer sticking with it, for GC does that almost all the time.
I don't hate it, I just think Fire Fox works better to me.

I don't believe people hate GC. I actually think almost everybody likes it the most.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
A lot of people don't know this,but it's easier to get monitered on Google chrome than any other search engine.

Austin

Austin
I don't hate google chrome, but I don't use it a lot. One big reason I stop using it, because it had known errors/problems with flash. Flash would make it crash. I could have like 2-3 tabs, that may use a flash add or app, and the browser will crash. Google Chrome uses google's servers. So when you explore your sites, it does a request to google servers, the server gets the data and sends it to your computer. This isn't necessarily done to get information, but to speed the process of visiting sites. There are few sites that don't work with google chrome because of DNS reasons. There use to be a site I would visit regularly, but due to Google DNS servers, I couldn't visit it through chrome.

I don't like the simplicity. They got rid of a lot of features, especially in the option. It will also do automatic updates without prompting you. It will run and load sites faster, but the tools are sufficient enough compare to firefox. I love my firebug addon, and use it almost everyday.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
All this so called dislike was based on the privacy thing. I always used FF. But I bought a new PC which has Windows 7 Premium and is 64 bits. My screen kept on freezing randomly and I did some research and FF was causing it. FF doesn't support 64 bit but only 32 for Windows 7. There are alternatives but the Flasplayer plugin doesn't work. So back to IE8 and it works well but I dislike IE in general so instead of Google Chrome I downloaded SRware iron which is almost the same but offers more protection when it comes to privacy etc. So I switch between IE and SRware Iron until FF finally find a solution for the troubles.

I used to hate Google Chrome because I was content with Firefox. At that time, Firefox's RAM leak didn't seem quite so bad. It seems like as Firefox kept coming out with new versions, the RAM leak got worse and one of the newest versions kept draining my CPU among other things. I refuse to use Internet Explorer so, I decided to use Chrome. Actually, I'd have to say I like it better than Firefox. It's fast - I can have 50 tabs open and Chrome is still running super fast, with Firefox it would be lagging horribly, Chrome also has a lot of the same features, and a larger window (I like adequate screen space, so..) . ^^

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
And to continue on my lovely Chromish experience, it froze up on me this morning, and then some how deleted itself off my computer between it freezing and me resetting my laptop due to it freezing.

Not a fan of it anymore.

N

nguinn97

I like google chrome, but I don't use it because I like the addons in firefox.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Apparently people prefer to have add-ons on their browser. Mozilla was very slow, but people liked the appeal of Mozilla because the changeable skin, the array of beautiful add-ons and the wide options on how to edit Mozilla to your advantage.

Google Chrome is a simple fast web browser that allows you to view websites easily. Without all those toolbars, browser add-ons and etc. It just simplifies everything and let's you relax. The benefits of Google Chrome is that the tab in the Window can be arranged in any order, suiting to your views. Mozilla does not have that.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, that whole simplification thing is also an issue for me. There seems to be a general trend going on in computing towards stylish, slim look but at the same time less features, as seen in the new layouts of Youtube and Wikipedia. Especially Youtube has continuously been removing a lot of features in the last two years.
I totally dislike this development, I'm rather somone who wants to configure things manually and not let the programs/websites... do it all for me.

C

cupid2787

I actually use google chrome on mac. I highly recommend you download it! :) your having such great results on pc.
Because its tonsss faster than safari, safari is kind of the internet explorer for mac: the default browser.
Chrome would be perfect if it would let me choose where to install so as not to take up C: space. It's sad that a lot
of apps these days omit the install directory option. For now I've resorted to using a portable version from portableapps.com
that lets it reside on D:.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
This is an oddly timely topic for me because I was having a lot of problems on an old computer and just downloaded chrome. It really is significantly faster now. I'm considering using it on my newer computer as well.

Interesting to hear about the crashes though. I'm going to keep tracking that as well as follow the known issues. Anybody know of a good tech blog that covers it?

A

aladamapee

I noticed that Google chrome is best explorer and fast as well, I love it and use it

O

OrlovYan

I love chrome, it's so fast and there's no toolbars that take too much space from the screen, the only gripe is that some sites does'nt work with it(like can you run it).
Infact, I hate fire fox because it's too much like explorer(wich i also hate).

I love chrome, it's so fast and there's no toolbars that take too much space from the screen, the only gripe is that some sites does'nt work with it(like can you run it).
Infact, I hate fire fox because it's too much like explorer(wich i also hate).

Firefox's problem is that it literally sucks all of your RAM. It's nothing like Internet Explorer (if that's what you were comparing it to). Firefox is a good browser, it's pretty fast, the add-ons are great, excellent spell check (If you need one), ect. It just takes up too much RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom