• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do People Hate Google Chrome?

T

TheLastLink

I just don't understand it. also, just had to post this.

3573554024_d230f70a79.jpg

Austin

Austin
I wasn't aware that people hated it. I use Google Chrome and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Besides all of the extra doo-dads you can screw around with it's exactly the same as any other browser.

Kazumi

chagy
I've never really heard of anyone hating Google Chrome. I use it all of the time. They may have hated it before because it didn't have nearly as many features as FireFox, but most of that has been ironed out. It's a really good browser if you ask me. Definitely the fastest.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
:eek:
I love google chrome. Personally its fastest for me, and I like the open window.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Because it doesn't have as much addons as Firefox, but most people know that the addons slow the browser down.

H

HMS

I never had any problems that were too bad but there were a few with loading some pages. But overall I think its one of the best browsers out there.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I know Caleb can't stand it because it totally messes up when he is working with layout design. I haven't made the switch just because I am content with Firefox.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've never used it, so I have no opinion (although, I don't like the design of it), but I've never heard anything bad about it lately. Originally people seemed to dislike it, but that seems to have been a passing phase. Some of my friends use it.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The main reason I've heard is that people are paranoid that Google will invade your privacy and make your computer less secure if you use the browser. So the answer is that people who hate Google Chrome are probably people who hate or distrust Google.

I have no idea if it's true, I just didn't feel like switching from Firefox because it works well and I'm used to it. I have installed Google Chrome on one of my computers and tested it out, however, and I think it works well. It just doesn't stand out from the competition enough to make me use it over anything else.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well I don't hate it, but I don't really use it either. What I didn't like about it was the aggressive marketing. I'm using YouTube very often and Google just flooded it with notifiers everywhere like "Get Google Chrome or I'll keeeel you!" I think that's how it got popular in the first place. Also it automatically installs itself if you set up other Google products (it did so while I installed Google Earth and it didn't even ask me). So for me the popularity it gets doesn't seem to be based on quality (so that it "earned" itself its position) but rather on forcing it upon the user, of course that doesn't directly imply that it's a "bad" browser, but still... And while I'm not overly paranoid about privacy, I'm not totally careless about it at the same time, so I trust an open source brwoser like FF more than a closed-source product from a company that's known to make much of its profit by collecting data. Plus I just don't want to surf without the add-ons, internet experience would be horrible without Adblock Plus :)

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I use it as my explorer. It's okay, I loved it in the beginning, but it randomly crashes for no actual reason ALOT. And for some reason, it now hates various flash related things, for example I can't view any videos unless they are youtube, and even then only on youtube itself.

If I could, i'd go back to IE, but for some reason, I can't get it to work at the moment. And Firefox is randomly slower and generally a pain to use on this computer.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I actually love Google Chrome. I use it all the time on my laptop. I don't care about addons and stuff. I just don't like messing around with that kind of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom