• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Why Do I Suck So Much at This Game

Kylon

Deku scrub
i am reallygood at every other zelda game ive ever played in my life but i cant even get past the iron knuckle in parapa palace the first palace :(:( its probably that im used to there being no jump button becuase i beat oot before this

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
You're going at it with the wrong mindset. This game is unlike every other Zelda game there is. You have to familiarize yourself with AoL for quite a while, and you've got to be patient and kill lots of weak enemies outside of Parapa Palace. Level up a couple of times. Head to Rauru town and get the shield spell, and know how and when to use it. Get the first heart container.
As for the iron knuckle, watch his patterns. Don't keep jumping around, but try to find the right rhythm. You will die. Multiple times. But once you get the hang of it, it will get easier. You just have to be persistent.

Don't feel bad, this game is by far the hardest in the series, and nothing like the rest of them. I've been playing Zelda all of my life, and I died 40 times in this game. I have never died that many times in a Zelda game, I think the worst was 30 in LoZ. Like Michael said, just stick with it and you'll get better at it. I advise grinding a lot and mastering swordplay, which means learning when to crouch and slash/block, and when to stand. Also, learning jump height and timing with the sword while in the air is very helpful. The best thing for you is to fight regular enemies over and over though, because it makes you stronger and gives you practice.

pacpix

AWESOME
This game is really not to difficult. At the beginning, Death Mountain, and the last palace are the hardest parts of the game. Like others have mentioned level grind not only to become stronger, but to train yourself. Each enemy has a weakness and if you study them you will figure it out. The iron knuckle's weakness is it can't block a jump folowed by a slash to the face. Check ZD's guide for all the heart and magic containers to give yourself an advantage. Keep at it and the game should become a lot easier.

i am reallygood at every other zelda game ive ever played in my life but i cant even get past the iron knuckle in parapa palace the first palace :(:( its probably that im used to there being no jump button becuase i beat oot before this

Using a jump and slash technique works well for all iron knuckles. And I typically leave the palace after getting the candle to get the Jump and Life Spells before returning. Being able to restore my life really helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom