• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did You Start Zelda, and Why Do You Still Play?

When i was 8, i played ssb and i saw the character of link for the first time and found him really cool, and later, when i was 10, everybody in my school used to play the oracles series, i got interested and my friend lend me seasons, i found it really cool and fell in love with this game. And then i started playing more zelda games.
This is how my love for the zelda franchise started.

My first Zelda was the first Zelda (I'm really old). But it was A Link to the Past which gets me into the series. To date, I love A Link to the Past. It is my favourite Zelda Game.

Same here, ALttP was what got me into the series and is still my favorite. Though I can't remember if it was Zelda 1 or 2 which I played first, I kind of discovered them at the same time.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I had my mom get me the Ocarina of Time in Christmas of 98. Then beat the game on my new N64 at the time. At that time, I wasn't hugely into the series, just enjoyed the games. I remember seeing the MM and WW commercials, thinking they looked cool. I didn't have a Gamecube though, and my parents didn't get me MM. I think I wanted Mario Kart or something. Then when TP came out, I already had a Wii, so as a teenager then, I could afford to buy it myself. It was good, then I replayed OoT for like the five thousandth time, and really started loving it. Not too long ago, I bought the Collector's Edition for the Gamecube, the Wind Waker for the Gamecube, as well as Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for the DS. Instead of playing them on their original systems, I played them on the Wii and 3DS respectively. I got PH and ST the same time I got OoT3D. I also pre-ordered Skyward Sword at that time. Right now, I'm playing ALttP, PH and LoZ.

Why? Zelda doesn't have bad games, and I love adventures and RPGs.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
One of the best aspects of Zelda was that you could upgrade your life and items without an RPG-level up-system (except in Zelda 2). Rather, you do those things by finding secrets and overcoming challenges (Boss Battles). I also love the complicated history that is the Timeline.

David25866

Anime Master
I got into zelda by watching chuggaaconroy do a play-through of Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and i just really wanted to play it and i still play it because basically i find it fun

I got into Zelda after I bought Wind Waker and played through most of it on my brother's Gamecube. Then my Wind Waker disc went missing and I got the collector's edition disc with OoT, MM, LoZ, and AoL. That's when I became a huge fan of the series. That was in the year 2004. Now I've played through every main game except for ST and the FS games.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I got into Zelda at age 3. Ocarina of Time was brand new and my cousins got the game for their birthday. I went over for the party and the first thing we did was turn on the N64 and pop in OoT. The game blew my mind and left a lasting impression. From then on, I went to by an N64 at age 4, got OoT and MM...and, well, my collection has been growing ever since. I love the whole sense of adventure and fantasy you feel when playing the games. The story, music and graphics are all fantastic as well. Zelda games have always been a huge part of my life, and playing them now reminds me of the great times I had in the past...hey, those games were my childhood :) The Legend of Zelda has made a huge impact on my life and I'm glad I got into it at such an early age :P

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I started playing Zelda with A Link to the Past on the Super Nintendo back in the day (but I didn't know what it was at the time. I was 4). I soon fell out of it as I progressed on to the N64, Super Mario 64, Star Wars Racer, and Super Smash Bros. I didn't come back to Zelda until about 7 years ago, when my friend got me Minish Cap for my birthday. And the rest is history.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
i first played alttp on my uncles super nes and then my dad bought me the Oox series and i loved it so me and my dad rented wind waker and i accidentaly erased my saved file completely so we bought the game and played it through 99% so then tp was anounced and we bought the gc version then i got ph and st on seperate birthdays and played Oot on my aunts wii cause i never owned it and played MM on my aunts n64 it was at my house at the time. and i emulated the rest. i still play it for the awsome music and gameplay and zany characters

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
Wind Waker came with my gamecube when I got it, and at first I was disappointed. As soon as I played the game though, I loved it, and now I can't get enough Zelda!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I found Zelda by mistake, I was looking for this type of fighting game and when I went to the store there was TP. Without looking at it closely I took it and got it. Well when I go home I found that it was a mistake, so I played it. Why do I still play it? Dungeons, Puzzles, bosses, story and lots more. Zelda is just an awesome game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom