• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did You Start Zelda, and Why Do You Still Play?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I started because I saw Phantom Hourglass in a Best Buy, thought it looked interesting, bought it, and loved it. I still play because I love the Legend of Zelda series; it's probably one of the best video game franchises out there, if not the best.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the World of Zelda section?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Started playing because my parents played it- a lot of my childhood was spent watching/helping my dad play though LttP and OoT, it was kinda natural I took a turn at it. Still play because...

...I don't know, actually. That's a good question. I guess partially because I guess I feel a connection to my childhood through the games, and partially because I enjoy puzzle solving and exploring in games. But you can do that in a lot of games. I'm not entirely sure what keeps drawing me back to them in particular... but something does. Maybe it's just the sheer richness of the Zelda universe? Eh, I'll go think on this...

Jedizora

:right:
I was walking througgh gamestop, looking a a bunch of GBA games. I saw one worth 20 dollars, and that was expencive.(This was after the DS came out) I got it. It was the Legend of Zelda MC. It was such a fun game, I couldn't stop.

I started playing because its a series where you fight evil monsters,find hidden weapons and levels.
Its a series where you must have patience and you must do loads of exploring which is why i love it.
What got me into Zelda was the first game LoZ came as a gold cartridge which made me buy the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And why do i still play it, because the series is still about exploration finding hidden weapons and levels solving puzzles etc.
The music is of course very good through all the zelda games ive played.
Once i started playing it i got so hooked with it.

Last edited:

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I started playing because I had just gotten an N64 with Super Mario 64. After that, I wanted to try some other games, and I saw OoT. It looked like fun, so I got it. I've been playing since then.

Last edited:

Nickster

Sensei Sampai Sama
I saw my brother play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask when I was about 5. I got a Gameboy Advanced and Gamecube a year later. Bought Oracle and Ages and the Wind Waker. I fell in love with the series after playing those two games.

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
I started out of random. I saw Ocarina of Time in gamestop so I bought it and I still love it. I still play because Zelda is my favorite game series! :)
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Oh I started to play Zelda when my brother had A Link to The Past and I beat it I loved Zelda and I played the game more so Zelda was my favorite game

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
Northernspiral (my best friend by the way) game me a Nintendo points card with the instructions to buy Ocarina of Time for the Virtual Console. I followed these instructions and became a huuuuge fan of the franchise. I LOVE IT.

that's a good question that, even though my opinion doesnt matter much, i will be glad to answer.
It all started when i was 10, my cousin was playing the legend of zelda Ocarina of time on the N64 of course, i didn't pay much attention to the game, ignored it and went on with my life. When i turned 13 i played a demo of the Windwaker at walmart, the next week i got the game. i played it almost every day, then i grew bored with it. My cousin brought over his N64 one afternoon and he was playing Ocarina of Time, i didnt know what game that was so i asked and when i learned that there are more Zeldas i had to have and beat them. The reason why i started Zelda was because it was the first game i played that had me wanting more.

I gave up Zelda after i had completed Four Swords Adventures in 2004, i wanted Minish Cap in 2005 but couldn't afford it, Christmas of 2006 i was shocked when i got the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, this game got me back into the series in a way and it convinced me to get more Zelda games. in 2007 Phantom Hourglass came out and i had to have it. I beat it within a week and it had me wanting more, ever since then i have been saving up money for the rest of the "main" games. it wasn't until i met Dark Master i had learned about the "Rare Zeldas". The reason why i continue to play the games is that they are different for me than any other series, i love the games and i would never toss them aside like cheap trash. Sure i don't play them as much as i used to but when i do play them i usually enjoy them, to me they have way more replay value than any other video game i have.

S

Sheik

Well, when we were quite young, my brother had either Minish Cap, Four swords, or A Link to the Past for his GameBoy... or something... and I played it a few times, but I was awful and I didn't like the game much (give me a break, I was about 6...). Come '06 or around there, TP comes out and I remember that old GameBoy game, and we play it but it was rented so we didn't get very far. It scared me pretty badly so I didn't rent it again until this year. Again, scared the sanity out of me, but I was addicted. I still play (or rather, will still play OoT3D and SS) because even if TP was a big ol' nightmare, it was the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

I'm sure I would have been in love with the series earlier had we owned an N64, but no. My parents had to get a Sega Genesis. >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom