• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Why Did This Happen?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
not quite, they decided to start a mail service because they evolved, they didn't evolve so they could start a mail service.

Yes, I know. I was just making a jest. I think that they evolved just because Nintendo wanted them to. I bet that Nintendo wanted to have a mail system in WW so they created the Rito. After creating the Rito they probably just decided to explain their origin by making them evolved forms of Zora, That way the three iconic races of Hyrule would still "be there" (Koroks are evolved Kokiri, Rito are evolved Zora, and Gorons are still there).

Adam

Undefeated
I think we have good answers. A) Zoras found some favor with Valoo or something happened where one of them got a 'valoo scale'. :cool:goddess intervention. nothing wrong with the theories as they only exists inside of WW lore at the moment. If zelda exists another 25 years Nintendo will undoubtedly have to revisit the flooding of Hyrule and then we will have our answer

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
People seem to be forgetting the zoras that lived in the zora seas in oracle of ages
10-05-22-Zora-Sprite.png

Plus the Great Bay zoras as well. I've often wondered why this evolution took place as well. The only solution for me would be that maybe there was a shortage of food somehow, or more likely there were too many monsters in the great sea.

Someone said it wouldn't be good for the game because the zoras would either have to be very spread out or very many zoras. Also because tehre would need to be a zora story thing where link can swim underwater and if that was true then he could just access underwater hyrule at anytime.

Maybe it couldve worked out if the zoras, to protect themselves from the monsters of the great sea, found some sort of safehaven like some underwater cave systems under an island or a reef or something where the water was more calm. And as for the link swimming part, maybe he could only swim in the zora safe haven because the great sea is too rough with too much current? idk just a thought, nintendo could've thought something up

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Maybe in the first years after the flood there were lots of storms and things like that and the zoras were forced to stay on dry land and eventually evolved.

S

Skyward1614

They became Ruto because they were like "We can fly instead of swim? To hell with swiming you can fly faster to the islands then swiming the whole way!"
Another reason is when th Goddess' saw that the Zora's could swim the whole way and the Hylain's couldn't, they took the Zora's fins.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
One theory I have is that since they were fresh water zoras that with the water became the salt water of the great sea that they evolved to fly. Another theory that I have is that the Goddesses, who flooded Hyrule, made the Zoras evolve into the Rito in order to protect Hyrule from being seen, the news being spread, and eventually being found by Ganondorf

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I believe they evolved wings so they could fly to higher ground. After all, they are fish people. Either that, or the freshwater/saltwater idea seems legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom