• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did the Zora Tribe Adapt into the Rito Tribe?

T

Triforceholder

I didn't read the whole thread so it's focus might have shifted a little. Anyways who says that the Zora's evolved into the Rito. It's very possible that the flooding waters killed the Zoras given that they live if fresh water the ocean were salt. Then many generations later the Rito evolved from some type of bird to replace the lost race. Most likly with Voloo's intervention. Just because one sage was a Zora and her next in line was a Rito doesn't necessarily make them related in anyways what so ever.

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
From what I can tell, another reason that the Zoras became the Ritos is because they seem to normally eat fish and the only fish in the Great Sea are Octorocks, Big Octos, and the ever annoying Gyorgs. With no fish in these waters, they wouldn't have much of a food source so they had to change into the Rito who have a diet that fits what food you can find on the Great Sea. There are two facts that support my theory that the Zoras ate fish. 1. In MM, when you talk with the fisherman at Termina Bay as a Zora, he says he can't give you any fish because the Pirates stole his Hookshot. 2. In TP, they protect the Reekfish because they are sacred and highly nutritious fish. Those facts are what lead me to believe that the Zoras ate fish.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I didn't read the whole thread so it's focus might have shifted a little. Anyways who says that the Zora's evolved into the Rito. It's very possible that the flooding waters killed the Zoras given that they live if fresh water the ocean were salt. Then many generations later the Rito evolved from some type of bird to replace the lost race. Most likly with Voloo's intervention. Just because one sage was a Zora and her next in line was a Rito doesn't necessarily make them related in anyways what so ever.

So, a whole species died out and then regular birds evolved into the Rito thanks to divine intervention

Or, a species evolved into the Rito thanks to divine intervention

Occam's razor says the second one, the first one assumes too much

(namely, both assume evolution by divine intervention, but the first one also assumes the death of a previous species and the evolution of an unrelated one)

T

Triforceholder

From what I can tell, another reason that the Zoras became the Ritos is because they seem to normally eat fish and the only fish in the Great Sea are Octorocks, Big Octos, and the ever annoying Gyorgs. With no fish in these waters, they wouldn't have much of a food source so they had to change into the Rito who have a diet that fits what food you can find on the Great Sea. There are two facts that support my theory that the Zoras ate fish. 1) In Majora's Mask, when you talk with the fisherman at Termina Bay as a Zora, he says he can't give you any fish because the Pirates stole his Hookshot. 2) In Twilight Princess, they protect the Reekfish because they are sacred and highly nutritious fish. Those facts are what lead me to believe that the Zoras ate fish.

Okay the fact that the Zora's ate fish really doesn't negate my point at all.

So, a whole species died out and then regular birds evolved into the Rito thanks to divine intervention

Or, a species evolved into the Rito thanks to divine intervention

Occam's razor says the second one, the first one assumes too much

(namely, both assume evolution by divine intervention, but the first one also assumes the death of a previous species and the evolution of an unrelated one)

Occam's Razor: Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains however improbable must be the truth.
In English: The simplest answer is the most likely.

Voloo most likely help the Rito to evolve from whatever they were before because he is the one that gives them there wings. It is more likely that the Gods would have evolved a raise similar to that of what they would become. So bird into sentient bird. Not sentient fish into sentient bird. It's just easier and we all know that the Gods are rather lazy. It's more likely for a bird to evolve into a different bird than for a fish to evolve into a bird.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Okay the fact that the Zora's ate fish really doesn't negate my point at all.

Occam's Razor: Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains however improbable must be the truth.
In English: The simplest answer is the most likely.

Voloo most likely help the Rito to evolve from whatever they were before because he is the one that gives them there wings. It is more likely that the Gods would have evolved a raise similar to that of what they would become. So bird into sentient bird. Not sentient fish into sentient bird. It's just easier and we all know that the Gods are rather lazy. It's more likely for a bird to evolve into a different bird than for a fish to evolve into a bird.

That logic works both ways, why would they add sentience to an avian species? When that aquatic one already has it? it just needs some body modifications

Bird -> Rito => Add sentience
Zora -> Rito => Add wings

Valoo is shown giving the Rito wings, not sentience, therefore, the Rito are the Zora

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom