• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Can't You Buy Ether, PP-Ups, Max Revives?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yeah, why can't you? What is wrong with buying those useful items? They're just items, right? Why are they so special that you can't find them in shops? Just curious.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Those particular items have potential to massively change the outcome of a match for even the most reckless of players. The idea behind keeping them not buy-able, but still accessible in some more unique ways like one time item pick-ups, and like Terminus said, potential prize fodder, is their way of allowing them to exist at all without making the game extremely easy if you just keep saving your money up until the end.

I'm guess it's also to help discourage soloing with just one Pokemon during regular gameplay, especially since enough Ether and PP-UP alone could make most starter Pokemon a one-man wreaking crew (more than than they already tend to be :rolleyes:).

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I rarely use ether/elixer because they can't be bought and I don't wanna run out incase of emergency, so useless item dueonly to the fact that it can't be bought.

Max revives I thought could be boought in older games, anyways might be because of how great they are.

PP UP, didn't know anybody used these, PP Max is so much better, much more unobtainable but I got enough not to care, when I get wifi working I can send some if you need.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I rarely use ether/elixer because they can't be bought and I don't wanna run out incase of emergency, so useless item dueonly to the fact that it can't be bought.

Max revives I thought could be boought in older games, anyways might be because of how great they are.

PP UP, didn't know anybody used these, PP Max is so much better, much more unobtainable but I got enough not to care, when I get wifi working I can send some if you need.
I would not mind at all, lemme know. XD Btw, you can get Ether by planting a certain berry, but who has the time to wait for these items to become avaiable or to play in the Pokeathlon, etc? Sometimes these are needed ASAP and you don't have them. lol

I think it would make the game far too easy if PP items could be simply bought at a Pokémart, regardless of how much it is. I think Game Freak wanted to give us some challenge out in the wild and make us use the Pokémon Center more. Though the items are amazing and really help, if we were given the freedom to replenish PP at will without worrying about stock, I think Pokémon would be a walk in the park. I generally don't run out of PP too quickly so I'm not really worried about it, I'm more concerned about my Pokémon's HP.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Yeah, why can't you? What is wrong with buying those useful items? They're just items, right? Why are they so special that you can't find them in shops? Just curious.

To put it simply, they're among the most useful items made available in the game. If they were sold in shops, the games would be made far too easy. You don't see Master Balls being sold in shops. Why? It makes catching Pokémon a much simpler process. With that being said, it's more rewarding for players to win and/or find these items, instead of merely purchasing them.

Dan

Because they are banned hardcore drugs and can only be found in packages left by drug dealers in secret locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom