• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Can't the Kokiri Children Leave the Deku Forest?

I'm going to quote a "friend" of mine, but I will change some words around:It doesn't have to make sense for them not to leave, IT JUST DOESN'T.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
This was something i never pondered during gameplay, well i always thought they could and nothing would happen, but the Deku tree wanted all of his children to stay with him, in WW the korok, who were just Kokiri in a diffrent form could leave , so why woudnt the Kokiri be able to leave.

I'm going to quote a "friend" of mine, but I will change some words around:It doesn't have to make sense for them not to leave, IT JUST DOESN'T.

A forum is to discuss problem solving and ways it could be possible, not to say it doesnt matter or they just cant.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
maybe the thing that holds them back from leaving is the deku tree. At the end Link is sent back in time so that he can recover his lost childhood, and this is also when the end credits take place (I think...) so since the deku tree is dead and there is no new sapling to take his place, the kokiri are free to leave. That would explain how they are (SPOILERS SPOILERS) in Lon Lon Ranch in the end.

idk, Just my theory. im probably wrong :right:

Yeah I think it was just the Deku Tree looking after them because he wouldn't be able to help them if something were to happen because he's a tree. But yeah since (SPOILERS) (SPOILERS) they all gathered at Lon-Lon Ranch at the end. That just pretty much proves that the Deku Tree was just being an overprotected parent.

Haley_Oyo

Winner of Dundies
I think of it as like the Lost Boys in Peter Pan. They live in Neverland and if they leave, they have to grow up. I'm not saying that Nintendo stole this idea of course, but I just found the connection and sort of tied them together.

I think the kokiri can leave the forest. In fact, a gossip stone in oot behind the deku tree said something like "they say a kokiri left the forest but is still alive!" (A few theories suggest the beggar, or banker in mm is the runaway kokiri)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
New thought: The Deku Tree may be able to see outside the forest because you know he's a tree he's pretty tall. Immediately outside is Hyrule Field. At night kids get attacked by stalchildren in the field. So it would be dangerous for the defenceless Kokiri to live. Maybe he really did believe they would die- which they would in the space of a night with no shield or sword, assuming they have three hearts of life and a quarter goes with each scratch.
I think the Gossip Stone is talking about Link though. I mean by the time you get the mask of truth to listen to the Gossip Stones, you've already left the forest, and up to that point in the game you don't know Link's Hylian (he only really finds out 'officially' when the new Deku Tree Sprout tells him, which happens after the forest temple, and at that point none of the Kokiri recognise Link as the same kid). So as far as the Gossip Stones are concerned, they just pick up rumours (there's even one telling you what type of horse Ganondorf rides, which means it picks up recent stuff too). Link leaves the forest with the appearance of a normal Kokiri boy, and the Gossip Stones see him running around Hyrule. And so 'a kokiri left the forest but is still alive!" You can't use the mask of truth as an adult so you don't know whether this changes.

maybe the thing that holds them back from leaving is the deku tree. At the end Link is sent back in time so that he can recover his lost childhood, and this is also when the end credits take place (I think...) so since the deku tree is dead and there is no new sapling to take his place, the kokiri are free to leave. That would explain how they are (SPOILERS SPOILERS) in Lon Lon Ranch in the end.

idk, Just my theory. im probably wrong :right:

The Lon Lon Ranch party is in the adult timeline, so the Deku Tree Sapling is actually born at that time. But leaving the forest doesn't make them grow older, unless they can stop growing again by going back to the forest. The Adult Timeline has the Koroks, so they couldn't have grown up. unless the Great Deku Tree can spawn new Kokiri whenever he runs out.

D

DWraySweZ

My question is are the Kokiri the evolved form of the Picori (or Minish) and if they are this could explain the reason they are unable to leave the forest...

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
They CAN leave the forest, since they are seen at the Lon Lon Ranch at the ending credits, but why they couldn't leave before? Most likely because of Great Deku Tree, is a TREE after all, it would be a little difficult to watch after them from there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom