• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Can't the Kokiri Children Leave the Deku Forest?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
One might say it might have to do with the Kokiri's Magical aspects. It is well known that Normal people become Skull Kids if they get lost in the Lost Woods. Kokiri, However, do not. So (possibly) Kokiri's magical Properties preven them from leaving.

BUT! Any true Zelda Scholar would immediatly present an argument. At the end of Ocarina of Time Mido, along with many other Kokiri, are seen celebrating the vanquish of Ganandorf at Lon-Lon Ranch with the other races of Hyrule.

SO! I believe that the Great Deku Tree only told the Kokiri that they could never leave the Forest to protect them. As you know, Kokiri are immortal and stay children forever. As children, the Great Deku Tree wanted to protect them from the outside world and it's dangers.

BTW It is the KOKIRI forest not the DEKU forest. the Deku reside in the Southern Swamp in Termina and are a minority in Hyrule

Last edited:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
In The Wind Waker there are Koroks. These Koroks are actually indicated to have once been the Kokiri. The Kokiri can't leave the forest because they will turn into Koroks. This is a theory.

I think the kokiri can leave the forest. Now, is there ever evidence saying that the deku tree told them they couldn't?

I think it was a rumor started by one of the kokiri that if they left the forest they will die specifically um whats his name Mido I think.
The deku tree never says himself they cant leave the forest. It was Mido trying to keep the other Kokiri under his command.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the kokiri can leave the forest. Now, is there ever evidence saying that the deku tree told them they couldn't?

I think it was a rumor started by one of the kokiri that if they left the forest they will die specifically um whats his name Mido I think.
The deku tree never says himself they cant leave the forest. It was Mido trying to keep the other Kokiri under his command.
The guard says the GDT told them they couldn't. That's more evidence than your theory has, even with the possibility of the guard (and the sign) being mistaken.

I think maybe why they cant leave is because well they may grow up and they dont wanna grow up cuz with growing up you gain more responsibility

they do leave.... but what about the koroks? didnt the great deku tree in WW say something about when they left their home, they turned into this? i know they leave to go to lon lon ranch, but maybe its because they left for too long.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I think that it's the magic of the woods that keeps them young. Remember that Sarah aged when she left to the temple. I don't know, I could be wrong.

It's probably just that they aren't supposed to be exposed to the evils of the world, they are children, and children are fragile and very susceptible to everything. Experiences are what make you mature or "grow up", therefore if they were to experience things outside of the forest, they would mature and "Grow up" as they aren't allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom