• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Can't the Kokiri Children Leave the Deku Forest?

Why can't the Kokiri children leave the Deku Forest?

I've always thought that it was more symbolic. By that i mean the Kokiri symbolize innocence and purity. And that by leaving the forest they would be exposed to impurity and evil of the world (growing up). The Deku tree most likely told them this so that they would not try to leave the forest. Much like how a parent lies to protect a child. This is just my thought though.

Comments, concerns, questions, critics (be nice)

I think it is related to the deku tree who grants eack kokiri children fairies officially bounding them to live peacefully in the kokiri forest, but unable to see the outside world. This is probably because the deku tree has not spread enough plants outside of the forest for the children to florish and survive. The fact that there was at least a sage made sense and a hero with the help of a fairy kind of did too, but under what cicumstance... :(

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I have always seen it as some sort of empty warning, sort of like when a parent tells a child that if they go out alone a kidnapper will snatch them

Skunk

Floof
This is an intresting topic. I honestly think the Kokiri aren't really held back by anything. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHATS OUT OF THE FOREST. I imagine that the forest is their eternal home, and if they left absolutely nothing would happen. The people outside the forest know who kokiri are, one example is that Malone calls Link "fairy boy˝. This shows that a Kokiri must have left before Link. Either that or a Stalfos came back and retold people what it saw... Yeah I'm going with the first one. I believe that the Kokiri would not be able to survive the troubles outside the forest because of their innocence, and possibly go crazy and commit suicide or turn into some monster or something.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
They physically can leave the forest, but it's just risky out there. They're at Lon Lon Ranch during the credits sequence.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Malon called Link "fairy boy" because he has a fairy following him around, so that doesn't necessarily mean a kokiri left the forest, but it could have happened. But yeah, I think the deku tree is being like a protective parent.

@ Servant: Innocence? Look at Mido, then come back and tell me all kokiris are innocent xD He makes another kokiri clean Saria's yard and takes credit for it so she'll like him. That leads me to believe that kokiris do age a bit, but stop when they hit puberty. If not, they would probably all think the opposite gender had cooties, and that sort of thing wouldn't happen. I doubt they reproduce much though. Even though they can, there's noone to tell them about the birds and the bees. The deku tree certainly won't lol.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Malon called Link "fairy boy" because he has a fairy following him around, so that doesn't necessarily mean a kokiri left the forest, but it could have happened. But yeah, I think the deku tree is being like a protective parent.

@ Servant: Innocence? Look at Mido, then come back and tell me all kokiris are innocent xD He makes another kokiri clean Saria's yard and takes credit for it so she'll like him. That leads me to believe that kokiris do age a bit, but stop when they hit puberty. If not, they would probably all think the opposite gender had cooties, and that sort of thing wouldn't happen. I doubt they reproduce much though. Even though they can, there's noone to tell them about the birds and the bees. The deku tree certainly won't lol.

A kokiri left the forest. Talk to the gossip stone behind the deku tree.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
well yeah. i think the kokirii's bodies are much younger than how old they really are. so if they leave the forest, time will catch up with them so rapidly that they will just die. I think that if a kokiri was born in the forest but left emediatly it could live outside the forest.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i think the deku tree just want them in the forest to be safe,as evident by ocarina's ending at lon lon ranch,they can pretty much just leave as they please
and the deku tree probably just scared them into thinking they'll die if they leave since he can't physically stop them from leaving since.....he's a tree

that could definently make sense, maybe because the hero was said to be one of the kokiri kids that the tree wouldnt want the hero get hurt before the time arrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom