• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Why Call of Duty Games Suck and Have Become Trolled by Us Zelda Fans

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Generic.The one word i have to use to describe EVERY CoD Game after 4.CoD 4 Is the only good game in the series and for good reason: The campaign was better than the online mode.Online is just the same old poop in every post Modern Warfare CoD game.lets have a campaign rundown of WaW MW2 And(god help me...) Black Ops.

WaW: Russian Rifleman fighting in the Eastern Theater while also play as a U.S Marine in the Pacific Theater,this is the only good WW II CoD As the Pacific Theater has never quite been in a game before

MW2: As a sequel to my 7th favorite game of all time,I Had high hopes for the campaign.......It was very confusing.The only missions that intriuged me were the Washington D.C Trilogy Missions.....and then I still had no idea what was going on

BO: Two words can describe what i thought of this,one i cant say on ZD But the other is WHAT?

As i said,these 3 games only have one saving grace from a game thats 3 Years old.....Speaking of old,try introducing you son nephew etc,to LoZ and see what he says:eek:ld and boring. While technically he could be right in saying old(although Zelda is timeless) its certainly not boring......thats the influence these games have on the majority of 10-18 year olds who play games,I am probaly the only 13 year old in The Republic of Ireland who likes the NES Or even Zelda or hell,Nintendo in General.....Sucks to be us now Zelda fans

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Agreed. No one likes NES because of graphics. Personally, the only bad thing I find about it is the difficulty spikes, but that makes me enjoy it even more! Though I would kind of say Snes is a bit better.

And you seem to have it bad D: Theres at least ten people at my school who play Pokemon and one of them, like me loves Star Fox, Smash Bros, Mario, and, you didn't see this coming.
ZELDA.

And I am actually happy that I know a young girl can be that much of a Video game lover to actually play a Nintendo game. Seriously, even children BELOW Key stage 1 (2nd Grade and Year 3 below, etc.) Star Fox is practically different, even the opposing team, Star Wolf rescued Fox in Assault, despite Wolf blowing him up about 5 times.

And how can Zelda be old and boring? I would expect it if you shown him a Mario game (Not dissing it, but it is the same thing every time, plot wise) but not Zelda. Different swords, different partners,surprises, and of course the weapons. If I could choose a set of weapons for a Zombie Apocalypse, it would be the Rope (It reminds me of Dusters Rope snake... that sounded weird), Beetle, bow, Master Sword, Magic Meter, the 3 magic powers from the Gods, (Dins Fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love?) And of course, the Mirror/Hylian Shield. But for other kids, Sniper rifle, this, that, this that, etc.

And why has this got spoilers?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with a good deal of what you said about the series, but what you said about the boring factor is really subjective to the beholder. I find all CoD games fun, yes only for their online modes. They shell out the same tired crap because guess what? It makes a lot of money. A LOT. Add in some artificial gloating rights, big time events such as MLG, and great graphics...well, you've got a lot coming for you. As long as the graphics are breathtaking and there's online, CoD won't die. And I would hate for it to die, even if what is left for it is the same online mode for years to come. >_>'

No where am I saying CoD is a Zelda, but the CoD haters among the Zelda community need to realize that games are made because the developer wants to try something new, and then a series is created because it generates money. If there are some things that workout particularly well for that series (Zelda's case it'd be the story and adventure, CoD's would be the online mode), they will continually be shelled out to the point of no return. You see it in Zelda's ridiculously repetitive story, CoD's online mode, and multiple other things. Every series has strong and weak points, and the strong points obviously make money whereas the weak points are underlooked. The weak points of Zelda are multiplayer and particularly stunning graphics, both of which lay low within the series.

Eh, take what you like from that, I can't personally see where I am going. Bottom line in my opinion is, Zelda fans complain about CoD using some points that are easily related to Zelda as well, and they do it blindly for their Zelda love.

Last edited:
I thought the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo's graphics were more breathtaking to be honest. The Zelda series is capable of good graphics and good multiplayer, every video game series is capable. Personally I'm sick and tired of talking about Call of Duty. Lets just pretend CoD doesn't exist.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Agreed. No one likes NES because of graphics. Personally, the only bad thing I find about it is the difficulty spikes, but that makes me enjoy it even more! Though I would kind of say Snes is a bit better.

And you seem to have it bad D: Theres at least ten people at my school who play Pokemon and one of them, like me loves Star Fox, Smash Bros, Mario, and, you didn't see this coming.
ZELDA.

And I am actually happy that I know a young girl can be that much of a Video game lover to actually play a Nintendo game. Seriously, even children BELOW Key stage 1 (2nd Grade and Year 3 below, etc.) Star Fox is practically different, even the opposing team, Star Wolf rescued Fox in Assault, despite Wolf blowing him up about 5 times.

And how can Zelda be old and boring? I would expect it if you shown him a Mario game (Not dissing it, but it is the same thing every time, plot wise) but not Zelda. Different swords, different partners,surprises, and of course the weapons. If I could choose a set of weapons for a Zombie Apocalypse, it would be the Rope (It reminds me of Dusters Rope snake... that sounded weird), Beetle, bow, Master Sword, Magic Meter, the 3 magic powers from the Gods, (Dins Fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love?) And of course, the Mirror/Hylian Shield. But for other kids, Sniper rifle, this, that, this that, etc.

And why has this got spoilers?

It has spoilers as I Reveald most of WaWs story

I have nothing against cod but what really annoys me is parents who allows there 8 year olds to play cod, It really makes the online experience worst dealing with those kids, also they may never experience good single player games like zelda. I Just don't think anyone under 12 should be playing these types of games and imo it's bad parenting

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Zelda fans are not the only ones who dislike Call of Duty (Duty, LOL). It is widely disliked by gamers who dislike the dominance of the MMOFPS genre, and even by some of those who LIKE the genre, but want a more original and compelling game.

Call of Duty is the quintessential example of a game that survives on hype alone. It offers nothing that other MMOFPS games do not, and the main advantage of it is having such a large population of players. The fact that it is established is the main thing that keeps it going. It appeals to the mentality of people who simply want to buy a new game every few months to feel as though they're up to date, but not really have to learn anything new.

Zelda gamers, and possibly Nintendo gamers in general, tend to find this mentality to be anathema to creating a good game. We tend to cling to our games, and regard them as a masterpiece of art that is timeless, rather than something akin to computer software that should simply be updated every few months. Not to say that we don't enjoy remakes, of course.

Many Zelda gamers also enjoy FPS games, and even MMOFPS games, but they seek the games with a deeper plot, and more replay value, than the largely rehashed and repeated CoD.

There are games with similar problems to CoD on Nintendo consoles, of course, but they're not made by Nintendo. I don't know anything about sports, but I've heard complaints that Madden NFL is another game with the same problem... they've basically been releasing the same game with updated rosters for years. There's no innovation there, but at least they have an excuse... it's based on game that is fundamentally played the same way, based on the same rules, every time. There just isn't a lot of room to add new ideas. CoD doesn't have that excuse.

This is why not only Zelda gamers, but many gamers in general, some of whom are fans of FPS games, dislike CoD.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, Ath, there isn't much you can do with Call of Duty. It is basically the same as any other FPS game (e.g Counter Strike). What game modes could you possibly add? There's Domination (basically a 3 way King of the Hill type mode), Capture the Flag, Search & Destroy (Something akin to Counter Strike, i.e two teams one with the bomb and the other are the counter team), Headquarters (yet another KotH type), and Team Deathmatch. Whatever you see in Halo, CS, or any other FPS isn't really going to be new.

No new guns could possibly be added without people complaining about 'overpowered this, overpowered that'. Gameplay as I said about guns and game modes can't really change, it is a first person shooter so swords or nunchaku clearly aren't viable replacements. There are killstreak rewards (self explanatory), yet again there can't be so many without someone complaining. The only thing new, and is already being implemented in CoD:MW3 is a way to record entire matches and upload 'em to YouTube or other social media sites (maybe even ZD?! lol), not ot mention basically having cheap, reliable hosting for clans, events, and the like – even then that isn't new as we've have Battle.net way back in like 2001ish for Diablo 2 (Blizzard MMO game) and the Warcrafts.

And as I said somewhere else before, CoD can't be original, stuff has already been done before. Zelda sure isn't original though the fanboys and fangirls may think it is (I think it is original). Sorry for the offtopicness, but do you see people complaining about Starcraft II? Did that game bring anything relatively new to the plate? No? That just teaches people the saying 'Don't fix what ain't broke'.

Point being, CoD can't be changed much because of what it is defined as. In no way are the developers looking to make CoD an adventure game, just like Nintendo isn't interested in making Zelda an FPS, MMO, or anything else of that sort. Just be happy with what ya got.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I have to agree. A lot of kids are being taken in by shooters, becoming so attached to them that they'd view the LoZ as a "child's game." So while they're sitting around, blowing enemies to bits, they're missing out on a more magnificent immersive experience.

Kazumi

chagy
I've never had too much of a problem with Call of Duty. I can understand some of the hate that the game gets, but a lot of it is unwarranted. Call of Duty is a legitimately good shooter, especially for consoles. Sure, it can get repetitive, but I'm sure most people would be hard-pressed to name games that aren't at least a bit repetitive. Hell, Zelda is guilty of getting awfully repetitive, especially once you get into the mid-game. Further more, I don't understand why people even bother comparing it to most games, especially games like Zelda that aren't shooters. Call of Duty is essentially a modern run-and-gun. It's essentially a modern successor to the hectic, arena based shoots of old such as Quake and UT. It's just designed to appeal to more "modern" audiences.

I think the main problem with Call of Duty is not the game (because they are generally quite decent), but the community. Not only the obsessive players, or the stereotypical eleven-year-old with anger issues yelling at people over his mic, but also the people who hate the series and bash it. Of course some people take the game far to seriously; the game is the most fun if you don't take it seriously and just play it for what it is. However, people who hate on the game and constantly bash it are no better than those who obsess. They like to feel like they are better than people who play it, and that their taste in video games are more refined, or something.

I personally hate it more when people needlessly bash a game that they likely don't understand to much just to them feel better. In fact, I'd say your stereotypical Zelda fan is on the same level with your stereotypical Call of Duty fan. They are both close minded towards other series and genres. I think that it's important to play what you enjoy, and what is fun for you. However, I also see no need to bash another series just because you dislike it, or dare I say you aren't very good at it. There is a time an a place for both Zelda, Call of Duty, and many another video game series.

Old first person shooters like Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Duke Nukem 3D are better. A console FPS that's way better than CoD is GoldenEye on the N64. GoldenEye was fast paced, non-linear, had mission objectives(not like capture the flag), and it was a lot of fun in general. Old FPS are like that too. I'm going to forget about what I said about pretending that CoD doesn't exist because that is impossible.

I thought the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo's graphics were more breathtaking to be honest. The Zelda series is capable of good graphics and good multiplayer, every video game series is capable. Personally I'm sick and tired of talking about Call of Duty. Lets just pretend CoD doesn't exist.

That's because its more powerful system. And its also a tech demo. durrrrr

That's because its more powerful system. And its also a tech demo. durrrrr
If there was a CoD game on the Wii U, will it look better then Zelda Wii U? What I was saying is that Vantias12 said that as long CoD has good graphics and online, CoD will never die. Now that we have the Wii U, will that be the case for Zelda with the graphics? Of course not, but like I said in my earlier post, it is possible for Zelda to have breathtaking graphics.

Last edited:
I got bored with shooters about 6 months ago and went back to Nintendo gaming like I did before CoD 4. Most people I know say that the only good games are CoD and other FPS games.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I personally am not a FPS guy. I like games like Zelda and Fable, you know, games that take a bit before they are finished. Although lately I have been getting into them. For me it is just the satisfaction of completing something. I may be late to the party but I really only play the games for the story. Black Ops is the first CoD I actually got into. I haven't beat the story yet but each level leaves me wanting more, to see what will happen next. I know Story isn't a strong point in FPS games, but it was enough to drag me in and that is all I ask for most of the time. Comparing a FPS to a game like Zelda is like comparing Day and Night. They aren't even in the same category, aside from being games lol. I never get into spiffs like this because people will play what they want to. They paid for the game, may as well get as much out of it as they can. Only thing I can say bad about CoD is that the only reason it continues the way it does is because no one wants to be the guy that is still playing CoD : XxX when CoD :xXx is coming out in a couple weeks or whatever the case may be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom