• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Why Call of Duty Games Suck and Have Become Trolled by Us Zelda Fans

I think the Thing is called the Popular effect. The older games Became Popular that people who do not like FPS, or army games, Would get mad that something that they hate or have no interest got so big. I believe the original games where at least Decent. But with the Coming MW3 and the Last installments, There Quality as been going down. so in other words, "There was a reason that it was making Back then, But there should not be a reason that its making bank now." Thats why we troll it, because COD has gotten worse, and yet people are dumb enough to be a Repackaged game of MW2. Anyway, if you planed on picking up the same game, DON'T! Your money is better spent elsewhere. But if you are still looking for a good FPS, I hear BattleField 3 is Coming out nicely, And they are adding things to it that is a huge Improvement. Now I don't Play FPS much "Unless its by Valve." But I hear things. Battlefield 3 is your better game for COD MW3 is just going to be the same game. :yes:

Zleda

Toon Deity
... Just because you guys don't like CoD doesn't mean you should drag it down. Have you ever gotten home from school one day, done all your homework, studied for all your tests... Then gotten a text or call from a group of friends; "Hey man get on xbox we're gonna school some noobs in MW2!"

How could you not like it? It's supposed to be mindless, strategic gaming that you play with friends and have a great time doing it. I agree that black ops isn't what I hoped for, but i still play it now and again because a lot of my friends do, and it's a great way to blow off some steam. The notion that Zelda fans MUST HATE CoD is just immature and ridiculous.

P

PikminMastr77

Here's my take on the whole situation: A VIDEO GAME IS A VIDEO GAME IS A VIDEO GAME. And what I mean by that is that no matter what video games you play, you play them for one reason: TO HAVE FUN. To be honest, I haven't played that many different games besides Nintendo games (Mario, zelda, Starfox, F-Zero, Metoid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, etc.) I have played a few other games too though, including one of the Call of Duty games, Soul Calibur 2 and 4, a few Sonic games, and even a few lackluster games like Harry Potter and Simpsons Road Rage. The thing is, before I even tried playing Xbox, I was anticipating it to have games that were light-years ahead of Nintendo's games, BUT THEY WEREN'T. BESIDES GRAPHICS AND ONLINE PLAY, I DIDN'T THINK THAT THE CALL OF DUTY GAME I PLAYED WAS ANY BETTER THAN ANY ZELDA OR MARIO GAME, FOR EXAMPLE. CALL OF DUTY IS ARGUABLY JUST AS FUN AS ZELDA OR MARIO IF YOU HAVE AN OPEN MIND. Personally, I didn't like playing Call of Duty all that much. Not only was I horrible at it, but I really didn't get what people were all hyped up about. COD or any other shooting game isn't superior to any Mario or Zelda game. The only thing that makes a game "better" is personal preference. Some people find Zelda too repetitive and prefer something faster paced. Some people are used to FPS games and, when they play a Mario game, they don't like it becuase it is too cartoony or "boring" because there is not enough action. For me, I have an open mind and am willing to try most video games, but I still have my personal preferences: I don't really get what the big deal about FPS games and usualy stick to Zelda and Mario, among others. People need to stop bashing each other's games. There are games that are critically acclaimed, games that are critically bashed, and games that have so much hype its ridiculous but they are still all video games. The thing is, at some point, we are all going to want to move on and play another game or do something else entirely. I have nothing against COD, nor do I try to glorify Mario or Zelda in front of some FPS fan. I'm sick of people bashing. They just need to play whatever games they prefer and enjoy it! Who's with me? Who agrees with what I just said?

Last edited by a moderator:
... The notion that Zelda fans MUST HATE CoD is just immature and ridiculous.
If you want to see something immature and ridiculous, look at the Sonic fanbase. I don't hate Call of Duty because I am a Zelda fan. I got this saying from a person called Egoraptor, so what I am about to say is not what I made up except using CoD and Zelda. CoD is like a bag of chips. It is addicting and you don't want to stop eating it. It's suppose to be addictive by nature because it was made that way. You can play it any time do doing random stuff, and keep munching away. Zelda is like Chocolate Cake(or which ever cake you prefer). You have to take your time with it and enjoy its flavor of gameplay. The flavor of gameplay is satisfying and tastes better because of how much effort is put into it. You can be a pig and keep munching on CoD or you can have the sweet and yummy goodness of Zelda. That's Egorapter's analogy and a good one I might add.

Last edited:

Zleda

Toon Deity
CoD is like a bag of chips. It is addicting and you don't want to stop eating it. It's suppose to be addictive by nature because it was made that way. You can play it any time do doing random stuff, and keep munching away. Zelda is like Chocolate Cake(or which ever cake you prefer). You have to take your time with it and enjoy its flavor of gameplay. The flavor of gameplay is satisfying and tastes better because of how much effort is put into it. You can be a pig and keep munching on CoD or you can have the sweet and yummy goodness of Zelda.

Hahaha I agree with you StarBound; you don't play CoD because it has exceptional plot or story, you play it to let off steam or have some fun with friends. It's a completely different type of game for a completely different type of gamer.

I will say one thing, Call of Duty 4 is a good game. CoD 4 is the only CoD game I will play. It has a lot of good maps, guns are not overpowered except for the M16, and only 3 kill streaks so there was more skill involved. It isn't one of my favorite games, but I will say that there is one good CoD game and that it CoD 4. There is a Call of Duty game that I actually like.:O

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I respect your opinion, StarBound, but MW1 was really meh to me. The killstreaks seemed overdone in a way, and it is far easier to kill/get killed than in, say, MW2 or Black Ops. Also, I noticed that the frame rate wasn't exactly the best, and the sound effects were, despite being released on hte Xbox360, really undertoned. :/ But again, I respect your opinion.

More people camp in MW2, more noob tubes, kill streaks are too insane(the chopper gunner you can just sit back and hold R2 or RT), more over powered weapons. In CoD 4 the P90 was considered overpowered, but in MW2 the gun was a joke because of the Assault Rifles. The perks were annoying like Commando, Ghost, ect. I thought the later CoD games were more annoying and frustrating but that could just be me.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They got rid of Commando in Black Ops, Ghost really doesn't change the gameplay if you are good (getting good at BO simply takes you knowing enemy hideouts and pathing...you don't literally know where they are, but you expect anything from anywhere)...no killstreak is terribly overpowered in Black Ops, neither are the guns (noob tube is seriously underpowered). I don't know how the P90 was even considered overpowered; I just used it yesterday and felt like it was a stepdown from most other guns in MW1...

I couldn't agree any more, even if I tried. CoD has become a losing franchise these days, and after the magnificent Modern Warfare, it all fell apart. Online is clearly the focus, and it shouldn't be, for a few reasons.

1.) Everyone who owns the game has access to the campaign, not everyone has access to online. Therefore, campaign should get more attention.
2.) Not many people buy games for their online capabilities. People buy it for a deep campaign with awesome gameplay, that should transfer over to online well. Don't sacrifice elements of gameplay from the campaign by ONLY putting certain things in the online portion
3.) Online is just ridiculous these days. The focus on XP and leveling is obsolete, and there's no sense of completion when you play online. It's just a huge, unrewarding mess.

Online, when done correctly, can be a beautiful thing. Just look at Uncharted 2 or Super Smash Bros Brawl. Both terrific games that have terrific solo campaigns and terrific online play, without sacrificing time or effort to make a satisfying overall game. If you build a game starting with online, it loses its luster from a solo standpoint. But if you build a game from the ground up, starting with a great story and a great campaign, online can be a well-added afterthought.

It's depressing these days when people only judge a game by its online, and I hope this ends soon. I hope we can all enjoy quality games like Zelda someday. Too many people I know simply play Call of Duty for its online. I never hear a single person talk about its campaign, simply because online is the main focus. I have a group of friends and we are dedicated Nintendo gamers. We go by quality over quantity, and Nintendo games are a perfect example of this principle.

Last edited:
P

PikminMastr77

Aw yeah! I'm a full fledged Nintendo gamer too! Nintendo rules! Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, you name it. Nintendo is true quality gaming that focuses more on imagination and appealing to a wider audience. CoD and other FPS games have a really high learning curve and aren't for everyone and also focus too much on realism, graphics, and, as you said, online play. Nintendo almost always has something everyone can play and enjoy. NINTENDO 4 EVER!

I agree with a good deal of what you said about the series, but what you said about the boring factor is really subjective to the beholder. I find all CoD games fun, yes only for their online modes. They shell out the same tired crap because guess what? It makes a lot of money. A LOT. Add in some artificial gloating rights, big time events such as MLG, and great graphics...well, you've got a lot coming for you. As long as the graphics are breathtaking and there's online, CoD won't die. And I would hate for it to die, even if what is left for it is the same online mode for years to come. >_>'

No where am I saying CoD is a Zelda, but the CoD haters among the Zelda community need to realize that games are made because the developer wants to try something new, and then a series is created because it generates money. If there are some things that workout particularly well for that series (Zelda's case it'd be the story and adventure, CoD's would be the online mode), they will continually be shelled out to the point of no return. You see it in Zelda's ridiculously repetitive story, CoD's online mode, and multiple other things. Every series has strong and weak points, and the strong points obviously make money whereas the weak points are underlooked. The weak points of Zelda are multiplayer and particularly stunning graphics, both of which lay low within the series.

Eh, take what you like from that, I can't personally see where I am going. Bottom line in my opinion is, Zelda fans complain about CoD using some points that are easily related to Zelda as well, and they do it blindly for their Zelda love.

This is my opinion as well! I mean I only really got the DS one for multipayer and it's FUN! hear that CoD haters? some people like multiplayer!!! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom