• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Buy a 3DS?

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I have to say, I bought one. Awhile ago. Guess how many games I have for it? Not counting virtual console, 0. I really regret my descision. There is no reason to buy this junk pile. OoT3D? I can get up and go play the game how it was meant to be made, on the N64 in my room. Mario 3D doesn't look that great. Paper mario is gonna take along time to release. Nothing. Why would you buy a 3DS?

EDIT: I got negative Reputation for this. I really disagree with that. Why because, I am voicing my opinion on a system that I think is a waste of money. So I got penalized for saying what I think.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The Nintendo 3DS revolutionized how we see games. This is the first handheld to feature full stereoscopic 3D visuals... and you dare call it a junk pile? Nintendo opened the doors to a new revolution, a new generation of gaming, all with the 3DS. The 3D Visuals are fantastic in the system, there's a Virtual Console, there's a Gyro Sensor, the StreetPass and SpotPass features, a whole new friends list, and all in all it's a really great system full of capabilities. The 3DS is revolutionizing gaming the same way Skyward Sword will; it's introducing things that we thought were impossible. We could only view 3D with glasses before the 3DS came along, and, since I've bought one, I have yet to go see a 3D movie with those retched 3D Glasses.

The 3DS system is a great system full of capabilities and possibilities. While I will admit that the game Library isn't that expansive, it's still a great system to have and enjoy.

/endrant

D

Deleted member 6224

and Super Mario 3d is actually amazing, better than i thought it would be

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally, I'd buy a 3DS for all of the great games already on it and hopefully coming out soon:
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • All VC games
  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
  • Sonic Generations
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • ...and others.

I also hear that the 3DS will get Video Recording, and that opens up a WHOLE LOT MORE. I don't know if we'll be able to stream to YouTube or anything, but the gimmicky-type games like Face Raiders are REALLY fun, and that's rare for a gimmick-type game. So yeah, the 3DS is worth the purchase if you search for games.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I was a bit bored with it at first because the launch library sucked, but now that new games are coming out, I'm really loving it. There are even more good games coming and I really like the Ambassador games. I'm really liking Super Mario 3D Land, I can't see why you call it a "Junk Pile". I just LOOOOOVE how you judge it on three games.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'm not going to lie, I bought the 3DS because I felt guilty for ditching Nintendo for an Xbox.

Do I use it? No. The only games I have for it are ones where I own a previous port, OoT and Rayman 2. I don't use the 3D element, it hurts my eyes. While it tries to portray itself as a portable that can be carried around to connect with people, in my opinion it feels too expensive to do such a thing.
Are there any games coming out that interest me? Not really, no.

I'm sure that to some people the 3DS has been a worthwhile investment. For me though, it's been a waste of a hefty chunk of money and a lesson. Namely that i'll treat Nintendo as I do Microsoft and Sony, i'll wait until there are a small pile of games that interest me before paying out for a new console.

Bottom line. I'd only suggest buying a 3DS if you were sure that you were going to use it. It's a lot of money to spend out after all.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
OoT:3D is a very fun game and I suggest you give it a chance. Personally, if I didn't already have one I would wait until the Zelda 25th anniversary one comes out...

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
The Nintendo 3DS revolutionized how we see games. This is the first handheld to feature full stereoscopic 3D visuals... and you dare call it a junk pile? Nintendo opened the doors to a new revolution, a new generation of gaming, all with the 3DS. The 3D Visuals are fantastic in the system, there's a Virtual Console, there's a Gyro Sensor, the StreetPass and SpotPass features, a whole new friends list, and all in all it's a really great system full of capabilities. The 3DS is revolutionizing gaming the same way Skyward Sword will; it's introducing things that we thought were impossible. We could only view 3D with glasses before the 3DS came along, and, since I've bought one, I have yet to go see a 3D movie with those retched 3D Glasses.

The 3DS system is a great system full of capabilities and possibilities. While I will admit that the game Library isn't that expansive, it's still a great system to have and enjoy.

/endrant
I dont care about the gyro the street pass or any of that stuff. The virtual console is OK, but barely any of those game I care about. I have Links Awakening. That's about it. I dont think it revolutionizes anything. I don't care about the 3D I don't use it, it hurts my eyes, it drops the framerate. I dont think Skyward will revolution anything either. Will it be good? Sure. Does that make it revolutionize something? Skyward sword is doing what Redsteel 2 did years ago. Back to the 3DS, I dont play on a handheld to use the little features that dont affect me and I dont care about. I play it for the great game the system SHOULD have. The DS has SO many good games. This? Mario 3D land, and thats about it. All the others are remakes, ports or are not good. When the 3DS gets some quality titles, I will take back what I say, until then this is my opinion, so you will have to deal with me calling this pile of 170$ junk, junk.

i would like one for the 3D pictures and 3D videos you can record. i would also like to experience all the old games in 3D. But we all know that all the old gb and gbc games won't come to VC. 3D can be done with the gb and gbc (and virtual boy) roms inside a psp with the solid eye accessory, but no one has come that far as to make the current emulators do that yet (and the psp vb emulator isnt that good). Sometimes when going back to play FF7 Crisis Core, I look at it and think: "Man, why can't the DS or 3DS look like this?" The N64 version of OoT is better in my opinion (especially with high res textures on emulator) because the whole mood is darker. The lighting in the 3DS version is so different. It's so bright and cheery. There is no awesome factor when fighting Ganon because he is not engulfed in shadow like he is on the N64 version. The models do look better but overall the N64 version is the better game. It makes me sad that I'll never be able to play DK64 or KIGold again on a newer console.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Personally, I'd buy a 3DS for all of the great games already on it and hopefully coming out soon:
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • All VC games
  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
  • Sonic Generations
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • ...and others.

I also hear that the 3DS will get Video Recording, and that opens up a WHOLE LOT MORE. I don't know if we'll be able to stream to YouTube or anything, but the gimmicky-type games like Face Raiders are REALLY fun, and that's rare for a gimmick-type game. So yeah, the 3DS is worth the purchase if you search for games.
Going down the list:
1 Don't like Kingdom Hearts anymore
2 I already have that game, nintendo isn't scamming me into buying it again for another console. I dont care about anything it adds. Overrated anyway.
3 I have 1 links awakening. Don't care about the rest.
4 Don't like fighters.
5 + 6 I'm mad at Capcom, so no.
7 Sonic let me down and lost my trust, he's not getting it back.
8 Maybe, not convinced, the trailers don't look great.
9 Another Mario Kart? No, I have DS and its great, I'm again not getting scammed for another very similar game to one that I already have for a console that that is compatiable for the system I dont use.
10 What others? You almost named all the 3DS's library that is even worth looking at. :P

i would like one for the 3D pictures and 3D videos you can record. i would also like to experience all the old games in 3D. But we all know that all the old gb and gbc games won't come to VC. 3D can be done with the gb and gbc (and virtual boy) roms inside a psp with the solid eye accessory, but no one has come that far as to make the current emulators do that yet (and the psp vb emulator isnt that good). Sometimes when going back to play FF7 Crisis Core, I look at it and think: "Man, why can't the DS or 3DS look like this?" The N64 version of OoT is better in my opinion (especially with high res textures on emulator) because the whole mood is darker. The lighting in the 3DS version is so different. It's so bright and cheery. There is no awesome factor when fighting Ganon because he is not engulfed in shadow like he is on the N64 version. The models do look better but overall the N64 version is the better game. It makes me sad that I'll never be able to play DK64 or KIGold again on a newer console.
I thought Sephiroth killed you. XD

Depending on when you bought a 3DS you may have the Ambassador games to fall back on.

In terms of software the 3Ds packs a punch.

Out now:

Face Raiders (pre-installed)
AR Games (pre-installed)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
+More

Coming soon:

Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Metal Gear solid Snake Eater 3D
Tekken 3D Prime Edition
Animal Crossing 3D
Paper Mario 3D
Fire Emblem 3D
+More

Going down the list:
1 Don't like Kingdom Hearts anymore
2 I already have that game, nintendo isn't scamming me into buying it again for another console. I dont care about anything it adds. Overrated anyway.
3 I have 1 links awakening. Don't care about the rest.
4 Don't like fighters.
5 + 6 I'm mad at Capcom, so no.
7 Sonic let me down and lost my trust, he's not getting it back.
8 Maybe, not convinced, the trailers don't look great.
9 Another Mario Kart? No, I have DS and its great, I'm again not getting scammed for another very similar game to one that I already have for a console that that is compatiable for the system I dont use.
10 What others? You almost named all the 3DS's library that is even worth looking at. :P

I thought Sephiroth killed you. XD

Your assessment of Mario Kart 7 is very wrong. From hang gliders to underwater racing to the return of coins to two Rainbow roads in one Mario Kart to online community to all new battle and race tracks to Streetpass compatibility, Mario Kart 7 is the most well rounded handheld game in years.

I own a 3DS as well, right now I just have Dead Or Alive: Dimensions and OOT3D. I like both games, and am kind of looking forward to Mario Kart 7 and Luigi's Mansion 2. Though I had bought the system to mainly play the two games I already own on it.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
EDIT: I got negative Reputation for this. I really disagree with that. Why because, I am voicing my opinion on a system that I think is a waste of money. So I got penalized for saying what I think.

You're not the only one. Apparently you can only have a positive opinion of the 3DS, everything else is wrong.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Zorato, you are being quite arrogant. Unlike Call of Duty, the new Mario Kart has different stages, new stages, more characters, hang gliders, Water propellers, A.I. that copies the players strong and weak points and sends ghost data and your Mii with the A.I. to people with Streetpass/Spotpass. NES and GBA games are coming to the 3DS, so you will have more. Stop being whiny and appreciate games for what they are, not for what the company is, You are not giving Sonic a chance ever since Sonic & Knuckles, and the 3DS version is pretty much 2D all the way, and you the only time you do change into 3D is when your playing Modern Sonic and you are on a rail, The reviews and the actual game is great.... So yeah. And the fact that you have 0 games just shows that your being ignorant to Nintendo. There is a going to be a permanent 2D Mario Bros out, A new Zelda, Monster Hunter 4 and Tri G, Smash Bros, Tales of the Abyss and so much more. Also, the hardware is amazing. Nintendo is going back to it's hard core roots with and they are bringing amazing Third Party Support and the franchises like Kid Icarus that died out many years ago to the 3DS.

Now then, that's my end rant. Care to fight back?

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
PK, having no games for a system doesn't automatically mean that they're being "ignorant to Nintendo". It means that they have no interest in what is available to them.
Which is less about being ignorant and more about personal preference. The same could apply to say, owning a DVD player for the heck of it but not liking a film/television show enough to buy it.

Your personal opinion is that the 3DS is a worthwhile investment, please understand that for some people that is not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom