• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why are Zelda places dead compared to 2 years ago?

I feel like I discovered these places too late as nobody posts anymore or really reads for that matter and your lucky to not get a spammy reply that has nothing to do with what you asked. I see this all the time and the only posts now are 30 second phone clips of somebody making an ass of themselves.

"MOMMY! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!! KABOOOOOM! OWWWWW! WAAAAAAAAAAAH THAT HURTS!" Bokoblins: Snicker Snicker: Ummm yeah. It's all polluted by crap threads and good threads if any get ignored.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Some of us happen to enjoy making an ass of ourself in a 30 second BotW shenanigan. We're not wrong for enjoying that and you're not wrong for wanting longer, more thought out discussion. It's just unfortunate that there's not as many people that enjoy what you do. Our Zelda theory section gets some action sometimes tho.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I can't speak for other websites, but on ZD, most of the replies given to Zelda-related threads are free of spammy replies or 30 sec clips of people making fools of themselves. Generalizing is not a very good thing, if you ask me, especially when there's clear evidence to the contrary present.

Gorozoron

wild ride
ZD isn't particularly dead, but I'm guessing you're asking specifically on behalf of your own threads? In that case, it's because threads like this one are impossible to reply to...
Yea these aren't really good threads they're like
" Why does this thing stink? "
There's zero room for discussion so if you want to help stop the " crap " threads maybe start making actual threads?

Now, now children, think someone’s a bit tired!
I found this forum a bit late, mind you I found Breath of the Wild a bit late so now all I can do is read thru old posts and a few new ones that make sense.
These sort of posts do nothing for anyone!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
It will increase in quality and quantity when botw2 or ss releases...we recently had a thread like this somewhere else but saying twitter...

Last edited:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
One reason is a lot of stuff has been discussed a ton already. Not a lot left to say for those topics. Another reason is despite this being a Zelda forum no all of us particularly care about getting into deep discussions about it. It's more of a community for those people and not strictly a Zelda site.

I've noticed that you make this complaint a ton, and tbh are multiple threads/posts about this any better than short posts discussing Zelda? I've noticed you also tend to say you're not gonna make your post short and to deal with it, but then just link a lot of videos. People don't have the time or necessarily want to watch a bunch of random videos. If you want to discuss those things why not actually write what you want to discuss about them rather than just link them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When there is a dry spell of Zelda news on new games then there is bound to be less activity in Zelda communities (I don't think SS HD really qualifies as a new game, given we don't really have anything substantial to distinguish it from the initial release). Many people here have been here for a long time and have already had discussions on so many topics already. Of course, it is allowed to remake a thread topic that has been already done before if the last reply was years in the past and there may be some new perspectives to be given on said topic from people who are active here now.

Another part of it is that there is a move away from substantial and long form discussion (usually associated with forum communities) to more short social media style discussion (twitter, or even video format like TicTok) in general and I think people's attention spans are becoming shorter as a result. Instant messaging on places such as Twitch streams and discord servers are also quite commonplace too.

Finally, an important thing is what the actual question being asked in the OP of a thread is. If people find the first post in a thread to be hard to follow or confusing then they won't be able to easily reply to it. Namely, many of us here also adults with full time jobs who don't have the time to reply to a thread which requires the prior watching of multiple videos. I think people like threads to have a clear topic that is presented in such a way that is easy to digest and such threads will ultimately generate the most discussion.

I used to be in the Naruto fandom and I remember the Naruto x Sakura forums completely exploding with traffic at the series' crap ending. Funny times, us letting out our rage and grief, but yeah, the moment passes. The Zelda fandom's pretty dead compared it, even though I do think the series is more genuinely loved. Most of the fans don't have time to post constantly on forums, have better things to do, I'd say.

When there is a dry spell of Zelda news on new games then there is bound to be less activity in Zelda communities (I don't think SS HD really qualifies as a new game, given we don't really have anything substantial to distinguish it from the initial release). Many people here have been here for a long time and have already had discussions on so many topics already. Of course, it is allowed to remake a thread topic that has been already done before if the last reply was years in the past and there may be some new perspectives to be given on said topic from people who are active here now.

Another part of it is that there is a move away from substantial and long form discussion (usually associated with forum communities) to more short social media style discussion (twitter, or even video format like TicTok) in general and I think people's attention spans are becoming shorter as a result. Instant messaging on places such as Twitch streams and discord servers are also quite commonplace too.

Finally, an important thing is what the actual question being asked in the OP of a thread is. If people find the first post in a thread to be hard to follow or confusing then they won't be able to easily reply to it. Namely, many of us here also adults with full time jobs who don't have the time to reply to a thread which requires the prior watching of multiple videos. I think people like threads to have a clear topic that is presented in such a way that is easy to digest and such threads will ultimately generate the most discussion.
Many of the videos are not that long. Hyrule Gamer for example has a recent 10 min video about a book I've never heard of in Hateno Village now making me want to check it out. Apparently there is an child NPC that reads a book in one of the houses that shows a picture of Link being a prince and he has a theory based on it. You can only see that NPC reading when it's raining and in the morning so the conditions are limited to even seeing it.

If you don't want to wait for the NPC then here is the video link. (1) Link's Untold Tale in Breath of The Wild! (Zelda Theory) - YouTube I thought I knew everything in BOTW till I found this and apparently the impossible or one of the impossible treasure chests of the game has finally been reached!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom