• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why are you placed on a horse for the final boss fight even if you've never ridden one?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Perhaps that's true, although given that it comes after a fight where you can generally approach it how you want, I don't mind a more cinematic conclusion to the whole thing. Shooting holy arrows at a giant demon pig is quite the spectacle, I must say.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I guess you don't have to ride the horse tbh

That horse is actually the horse you rode 100 years ago, it was trapped along with zelda, by defeating ganon you freed your horse as well as zelda and the horse came back

It probably is just to make the transition to the second fight more dramatic, and like, Link is Zelda's knight and knights ride horses. Personally I would have preferred it if they let you ride a bear for the Dark Beast fight. Meming aside, they probably didn't have to throw you upon a horse, and maybe could have had some wild ones available in the arena that you could go out of your way to use as mounts if you so wished. And also some bears.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It always bothers me when games require you to do something in a boss battle that you never had to do before. In most Zelda games, the dungeons are the preparational/practice areas. But I think it works for BotW, since if you think about it the entire game is basically optional. You're never technically required to use a shield, but that doesn't make it unfair for the game to ask you to deflect Ganon's attacks.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I find that BotW has somewhat awkward horse controls, which makes the final fight a bit of a pain. However, if you have the Master Cycle 0, you can use that in the fight which is honestly a lot more fun.

You can also just get off the horse. Makes it take a little longer, but it's 100% an option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom