• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Are There Scratch Marks on the Tree in Lake Hylia?

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
There never was, it was all an illusion, remember? It was probably manifested so Dark Link had something to lean up against looking all cool and stuff.

Who chose this illusion in the first place? If it were me I would have made a awesome dragon or something, not a tree.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Well, it could have been Ganondorf, but I think it was a part of the temple itself. Water takes the shape of whatever it's poured into, and has the ability to reflect back what it sees. I think that room was either a test or a defense naturally apart of the Temple, and the mini boss in that room would've taken the form of anyone who went in there.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I hear that Hyrule has a thriving bear population and there was that time a rhinoceros escaped from the royle menagerie. I am joking of course, the point is the claw marks could easily just be the scratchings of a wild animal like a bear or something. There need be no complex explanation for something like this.

to be honest zelda oot came out when i was a kid and i played zelda every day i never realized there were claw marks there untill later years.... but when i was a kid i had a dream that i was playing zelda oot and i was in lake hylia and there was this Huge eagle boss! lol funny eh! and 3- years later i realized there were claw marks there! the funniest thing was the eagle boss came from above when i was ontop of the tower on the house in my dream! lol i get told that im psychic but **** can i have dreamt about removed/scrapped content?? or maybe ura zelda content? possibility? laky hylia is quite large!

Maybe they intended something in the past? Kinda like the fire medallion outside of the Shadow Temple?

I saw it as claws left by Kaepora so as to aid Link when he returns as an adult. A sign of important things nearby (water Temple, Fire arrows, a skulltula)?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
its strange that they were removed in the remake but they kept things like the shark at the bottom of the pool in the lab

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom