• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are People Hating on Call of Duty and Not Pokemon?

For dedicated players, every new generation adds quite a lot, for example, in generation 3, natures were added, this made breeding a much more important part of competive playing, also, with online in gen IV and V, the competive playing has been vastly expanded, gen V was by far the most sosistiphicated( I did not spell that right) story, plus, "serious" players have to rethink their strategy in every gen because there are new pokemon and moves to take into consideration, also, gen V expanded massive on the online part by having Dream World and entralink. I feel that every new Generation give me enough new stuff to get the game. I haven't played much CoD (only MW and Black Ops) so I don't have much to say there. I think the biggest problem people have is that they don't like Cod in the first place.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
I disagree. This is mainly because the whole premise of Pokemon you find new Pokemon and battle them. There is the class system and XP system in COD, and i feel like at least COD is exciting. Also, Pokemon is just get a Pokemon, battle, get a new one, repeat. Also, their doesn't exactly seem to be a noticible story in pokemon.

there's been exp. and Classes (evolutionary stages) before COD. Study up before you rant. The story in each game is different. in R/B, Team Rocket was doing anything for money and you must stop them. in G/S Team Rocket has resurfaced after 3 years, and you have to stop them. In R/S, Team Magma/Aqua is endangering the Hoenn region with unbearable droughts or floods, then use a legendary pokemon to take it to extremes and threaten to cover the land with lava or water. In D/P, Team Galactic is threatening to rip apart the time-space continume. In B/W Team Plasma is going to force trainers to release their pokemon, because it's unfair to the pokemon. I own CoD and the story stinks, the point is to turn, shoot, reload, repeat, and we don't really need another FPS, as Halo, GoldenEye, and Medal of Honor gave us WAY too much. Also, The point of pokemon is not to get a Pokemon, battle, get a new one, repeat. The premise of being a pokemon trainer is to train. You have to stick with 6 pokemon the entire game, other wise you will be under-leveled and fail. plus with the more recent games, pokemon has turned exciting.

Last edited:
Because the whole premise of Call of Duty is pick up gun, shoot moving targets, repeat. Pokemon adds at least 100 or so new monsters with each generation coupled with new moves, a new environment that's filled with areas that you can't access unless you strategically give your pokemon a certain move, and you have to form a formidable team with a different group of pokemon you know nothing about. Couple these facts with the individual abilities of each pokemon, each pokemon's moveset limitations, and each pokemon's stat sets and you have a lot of information that you have to consider when building a team that will work effectively. You also have status conditions, legendary pokemon that may actually present a challenge when trying to acquire, and even some hidden story or event to lead to the legendary pokemon that you have to figure out how to even get to before you can obtain. You have to think and plan ahead on what can and will work between only 6 pokemon so that you will succeed. With COD, like I said, pick up your gun, shoot everything, reload, repeat. It's fun with friends but it's boring to me otherwise and I will usually not play unless my friends are online.

I find COD boring because it is just shooting and the storyline to me is war, which I don't really find interesting although others may like it, I've also played on multiplayer and it was fun for a little longer, but I still got bored fast...
I am a fan of Pokèmon and I agree with all your points towards it, I have played for many, many hours and I've enjoyed it. To me Pokèmon is so much better than COD!!

Patch

Party Pooper
COD desensitizes people, and promotes violence. I am fifteen, so I know how parentish that sounds. But it's true, COD is really stupid and has no point to it. Pokemon is harmless and fun. IMO, COD shouldn't exsist. :|

Fig

The Altruist
Because the whole premise of Call of Duty is pick up gun, shoot moving targets, repeat. Pokemon adds at least 100 or so new monsters with each generation coupled with new moves, a new environment that's filled with areas that you can't access unless you strategically give your pokemon a certain move, and you have to form a formidable team with a different group of pokemon you know nothing about. Couple these facts with the individual abilities of each pokemon, each pokemon's moveset limitations, and each pokemon's stat sets and you have a lot of information that you have to consider when building a team that will work effectively. You also have status conditions, legendary pokemon that may actually present a challenge when trying to acquire, and even some hidden story or event to lead to the legendary pokemon that you have to figure out how to even get to before you can obtain. You have to think and plan ahead on what can and will work between only 6 pokemon so that you will succeed. With COD, like I said, pick up your gun, shoot everything, reload, repeat. It's fun with friends but it's boring to me otherwise and I will usually not play unless my friends are online.

And that is why Pokemon hasn't been complained of this issue. Call of Duty is a shooter game that only has thing to do. Shoot, kill, reload, repeat for the rest of the franchise. Pokemon doesn't have this problem because each Pokemon game has a different feel and way in each individual game of the series. Pokemon also adds new elements in every generation and new Pokemon so that the fun never ends and continues for years until the next Pokemon comes out. Pokemon will never have this problem because even though most people think that it's only to catch Pokemon, you are trying to create the best team with brand new Pokemon so you are always deciding which Pokemon is the best to have on your teams, so the game, in a way, is giving you a challenge. The team that the player is trying to make up is not only the team that you are going to use for the champion, but also, it would be the team that the player will mostly likely use for online gameplay. These reasons why Pokemon is not hated to being to repetitive unlike Call of Duty.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I just feel like "new Pokémon" isn't enough, and the story really isn't much to rely on. The designs of Pokémon are also kind've getting weak as well, in my opinion. And mighty Ghirahim, i do agree with your last statement. Also, i've played multiple Pokémon games and still feel like they're the same game as well. I feel like COD is getting alot of flack for making very similar games, while pokemon isn't, and wondering why that is.

Apparently the pokemon francise works well, or else they would have not continued for 15 years. Then every generation they come up with fresh innovations (besides from new pokemon and new attacks)
Gen - 2: Introduction of hold items, Berries, Shinies, Dark & Steel type, Breeding and Genders, Pokerus, Day/Night system
Gen - 3: Double Battle and Tag Battle, Overhaul of EV and IV system, Contests, Abilities, Weather Conditions, Natures and Personalies, Battle tower/frontier
Gen - 4: Underground Mining, Each attack has a Special/Physical catagory (not based on types), Online play, Upgraded Day/Night Sytem
Gen - 5: Tripe and Rotation battle, C-gear, Pokemon are fully animated, Dream World + new abilities, Global Link and Random matchup, Re-useable TM's, Seasons

So are is at least one BIG innovation each gen. So yes CoD is kinda lacking with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom