• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are People Hating on Call of Duty and Not Pokemon?

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Know you all know people have been mad at Activision and various other developers of COD for rehashing or making the games so similar they almost seem like the same thing, but why is no one calling out Pokémon for doing this? They've been doing it for about 15 years and no one's complained! I don't hate Pokémon but honestly, Call of Duty has been doing this since 2007 (modern warfare) when Pokémons been doing this since the first game!(1996)!

Because the whole premise of Call of Duty is pick up gun, shoot moving targets, repeat. Pokemon adds at least 100 or so new monsters with each generation coupled with new moves, a new environment that's filled with areas that you can't access unless you strategically give your pokemon a certain move, and you have to form a formidable team with a different group of pokemon you know nothing about. Couple these facts with the individual abilities of each pokemon, each pokemon's moveset limitations, and each pokemon's stat sets and you have a lot of information that you have to consider when building a team that will work effectively. You also have status conditions, legendary pokemon that may actually present a challenge when trying to acquire, and even some hidden story or event to lead to the legendary pokemon that you have to figure out how to even get to before you can obtain. You have to think and plan ahead on what can and will work between only 6 pokemon so that you will succeed. With COD, like I said, pick up your gun, shoot everything, reload, repeat. It's fun with friends but it's boring to me otherwise and I will usually not play unless my friends are online.

COD all of them are pretty much the same and exept for the story they are just bareley different HOWEVER pokemon the storys different, the pokemon are different, the environments are different but the fun basic gameplay features are still there.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm not familiar enough with the Call of Duty games to make a proper comparison but I find that there are enough changes between each generation for me to come back for more. In addition, the controls and game play (outside of battles) get easier and more fun, like registering an item (such as the bike) to select for quicker use, for example, and the addition of running shoes.

Call of Duty 1 was released in 2004 for the PC so CoD was out for 7 years. The reason people don't like CoD is because the games cause anger problems and the games have so many flaws. Though you do need to understand that there are a lot of people who hate Pokemon too. Complaints that I hear is that all of the games are the same or that stupid "it's a kids game" stereotype.

Last edited:

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
I do not know why, I love cod. Most people who hate cod have never actually played it. Each Call of Duty is different, same with pokemon. I do not hate either, and please don't judge me just because I like to play FPS games :p
I still love Zelda :)

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Because the whole premise of Call of Duty is pick up gun, shoot moving targets, repeat. Pokemon adds at least 100 or so new monsters with each generation coupled with new moves, a new environment that's filled with areas that you can't access unless you strategically give your pokemon a certain move, and you have to form a formidable team with a different group of pokemon you know nothing about. Couple these facts with the individual abilities of each pokemon, each pokemon's moveset limitations, and each pokemon's stat sets and you have a lot of information that you have to consider when building a team that will work effectively. You also have status conditions, legendary pokemon that may actually present a challenge when trying to acquire, and even some hidden story or event to lead to the legendary pokemon that you have to figure out how to even get to before you can obtain. You have to think and plan ahead on what can and will work between only 6 pokemon so that you will succeed. With COD, like I said, pick up your gun, shoot everything, reload, repeat. It's fun with friends but it's boring to me otherwise and I will usually not play unless my friends are online.
I disagree. This is mainly because the whole premise of Pokemon you find new Pokemon and battle them. There is the class system and XP system in COD, and i feel like at least COD is exciting. Also, Pokemon is just get a Pokemon, battle, get a new one, repeat. Also, their doesn't exactly seem to be a noticible story in pokemon.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
People that say all call of duty is, "picking up a gun, shooting, and running," have either not played the game, or not played the multiplayer. Call of Duty has as much of a story as pokemon does, and to me at least, pokemon is mostly the same with each release.

I disagree. This is mainly because the whole premise of Pokemon you find new Pokemon and battle them. There is the class system and XP system in COD, and i feel like at least COD is exciting. Also, Pokemon is just get a Pokemon, battle, get a new one, repeat. Also, their doesn't exactly seem to be a noticible story in pokemon.

get a gun, shoot, reload, repeat. And in pokemon, you are the story. It's your adventure. There's experience in pokemon too and there's much more to take account for like the stats. Some people take EV training very seriously and have actually come up with different methods to make pokemon grow how they want them to. You don't just get a pokemon and fight it, you have to train it with a limited number of attacks and know it's limitations with type match ups. Also, in order to cope with an entire region's diversity, you have to make your own team diverse so you can take on everyone without having to constantly go back and switch them out, that's trying to get pokemon with multiple types and movesets in order to battle everyone. I've played multiple call of dutys and they're all relatively the same... Sometimes the guns don't even change... Also all pokemon grow at different rates so you have to devote more time to certain monsters in order to keep them as strong as the rest of your party.

Double, triple, and rotation battles, WiFi battle, new Pokemon with each generation, and added Pokemon animations are what makes the franchise so hugely popular and less stale than Call of Duty.

Dang... How could I forget to add those into my list... thanks ALIT!

MW7

Well they both have basically flooded the market, both have slight gameplay tweaks between releases, both have new story/campaign, CoD has new maps and Pokemon has new monsters, and both are immensely popular. Maybe it's that Pokemon is a RPG while CoD is a FPS, but if you really want to know, it's because pokemon are cute.

Well they both have basically flooded the market, both have slight gameplay tweaks between releases, both have new story/campaign, CoD has new maps and Pokemon has new monsters, and both are immensely popular. Maybe it's that Pokemon is a RPG while CoD is a FPS, but if you really want to know, it's because pokemon are cute.

This much is true too, and that cute little monster usually grows into a fierce-om beast.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I just feel like "new Pokémon" isn't enough, and the story really isn't much to rely on. The designs of Pokémon are also kind've getting weak as well, in my opinion. And mighty Ghirahim, i do agree with your last statement. Also, i've played multiple Pokémon games and still feel like they're the same game as well. I feel like COD is getting alot of flack for making very similar games, while pokemon isn't, and wondering why that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom