• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are No Zelda Characters Ever in Mario Kart or Mario Party Games?

Nintendo really should do a nintendo racing game with all racers from nintendo racing and not just in the mushroom kingdom ;)

all rite, although i agree after playing mario party 9 this weekend i wondered whats the big deal? why no Link or Zelda? everyone has made their point but can someone give a good reason why no Zelda in Fortune Street? come on folks, who wouldnt want to ride Epona throwing bananas while crossing the finish line

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
But Donkey Kong is related to the Mario games, though. DO you know what Nintendo's first game ever was? That's right. Donkey Kong. Do you know who the main character was? BINGO! It was Mario.
As I said before, I am not opposed to character from unrelated franchises being in Mario games, but the argument you have presented here is kind of moot.

Well if you wan't to be really specific it was Jumpman, not Mario

Well if you wan't to be really specific it was Jumpman, not Mario

I don't believe he had an official name. That may have just been something people who played the game came up with, although I could be wrong. Nevertheless, he is obviously meant to be Mario now.

First of all this is a fantastic thread.

Ok now for my answer the most I can say is now that you've braught it up I'm hoping Sakurai at some point decides to add a kart racing game to the new Smash Bros. similar to when Midway put a kart racing game in Mortal Kombat Armaggedon.

I guess they won't make a Zelda kart and a Zelda party cuz the characters range between all the games and people would argue about what game to put the characters in from

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Because Link is too cool to ride Go Karts and play Tennis... He'd rather chill at home and drink some potions than go to some lame party

I could see other Nintendo characters like Kirby or Star Fox riding down on a Starwing shaped Go Kart but that's not gonna happen because they dont belong to the Mario hellhole

And Mario Kart Double Dash is just a far more superior game than MKWii

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
(I Know Everyone's Said This, But) It's Because They're Not Mario Characters

I Guess It Would Make For An Interesting Easter Egg, Though

R

Rethromil

As many people have pointed out Zelda characters are not in "Mario" party and "Mario" kart because they aren't part of the Mario franchise. You basically answered your question with your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom