• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why a Shiekah?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Why do you think Zelda Disguised herself as a Shiekah? There could be many possibilities to this so I decided to make a thread. A checked around and could find stuff about Sheikah but nothing about this topic, lucky me:D.

I she disguised herslef as a Shiekah beacause it reminded her of her mentor Impa. And that's all I can reall say about it>.>.

A

Avia Rayne

I read the manga a few months ago and it wasn't until then did I actually question this. =P In the manga (even thought it's non-cannon) Zelda was actually working for Ganondorf when she was dressed up like Shiek. It wasn't until the Spirit Temple in the manga when she revealed that she was disguised as Shiek so she could help Link, but actually appear to Ganondorf like she was leading him into his trap. Complicated, i know! XD

But since then, that's my opinion on it. Especially since right as she's captured by Ganondorf after giving Link the Light Arrows, that Ganondorf said he let her walk around like that to bring Link out of hiding.

But before all of this, I was thinking the same thing as you. That it was because of Impa. =)

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Basically the same for me as it was for Avia up there, my opinion changed once I read the manga.

But what I thought before was that she thought it would have been a good idea because the Sheikah were the Royal Family Guardians. Going hand in hand with the manga, If she disguised herself as that, it would make it seem like Gannondorf had more control over the castle. I mean, having the Sheikah's "support" makes you look a lot more powerful considering what they are capeable of doing.

Zelda was raised by Impa, from what I gathered. In my opinion, from what we saw of Impa believing Zelda's premonitions, and being the one to take Zelda away when Ganondorf took over, I'd say they were very close.

So it's likely Zelda learned her "ninja skills" from Impa herself. She likely learned fighting techniques and such that were specifically Sheikah, so it would make sense she'd disguise herself as one. The disguise would be unrealistic otherwise. She also had close relations with a Sheikah, so that would be another reason.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Well, after reading the manga (like many of us here have), you'll see that one of the most famous quotes in cinema history explains Zelda's reasons better than anything. A quote by The Godfather himself...

"Keep your friends close...........but your enemies closer"

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Y'all realize that the manga is not considered canon, right?

I mean, it's a good story, but it didn't necessarily go down that way.

I figure Zelda chose the guise of a Sheikah because that's the life that Impa knew, and that's how she raised her, as if Zelda was Impa's own Sheikah daughter. It may have been a bit conspicuous to be disguised as a nearly extinct breed of Hylian, but at least she didn't pick a completely extinct race. The fact that Ganondorf had never put Sheik on his radar is because he just figured the Sheikah were still around somewhere, and it wasn't too odd to find one pop up out of the shadows every once in a while.

That's how I see it.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos

I figure Zelda chose the guise of a Sheikah because that's the life that Impa knew, and that's how she raised her, as if Zelda was Impa's own Sheikah daughter. It may have been a bit conspicuous to be disguised as a nearly extinct breed of Hylian, but at least she didn't pick a completely extinct race. The fact that Ganondorf had never put Sheik on his radar is because he just figured the Sheikah were still around somewhere, and it wasn't too odd to find one pop up out of the shadows every once in a while.

That's how I see it.

Well, since there's no "canon" reason as to why she did disguise herself specifically as a sheika, the manga is the closest we have to a nintendo-approved reason :)

A

Avia Rayne

That's how I see it.

Yeah, I know. That was why in my post I said "even though it's non-canon" =P but I agree with MOS3's post. "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer." Even if you didn't read the manga, it still fits in here. Seeing that the Shiekah have served the royal family for generations and that the royal family kept the triforce from Ganondorf, it would be clear why he wanted to keep Sheik around: He [Sheik] might know where Zelda is.

Maybe she transformed into a Sheikah because it had powers that she needed to survive in Hyrule under Ganondorf's reign. The Sheikah are meant to be the "shadows" of the Royal Family, walking around unseen and fulfilling top secret tasks. Zelda needed to stay hidden, and since the manga is not canon, we have to assume she's in hiding for most of the game, which the Sheikah's special abilities would allow her to do.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The manga is not canon, but I have to admit that the reason presented there is very, very good.
Also, the Sheikah seem to be neutral, or, at least, don't do war. So Ganondorf wouldn't have a reason to try to kill her, or kidnap her(wich he later did, when she revealed her true identity).
But, as far as canon is concerned, there is no real reason whatsoever

Why do you think Zelda Disguised herself as a Shiekah? There could be many possibilities to this so I decided to make a thread.

Zelda was raised by Impa, from what I gathered.

So it's likely Zelda learned her "ninja skills" from Impa herself. She likely learned fighting techniques and such that were specifically Sheikah, so it would make sense she'd disguise herself as one.

This.

It's not to hard to figure out. Zelda needed to make herself scarce. the Sheikah people were known for being mysterious. Last person she was with was Impa. who would have taught Zelda what she knows, the ways of the Sheikah. Since she dare not make her presence known until absolutley necessary she disguised herself to stay protected.

etc etc. you get the rest

I think that the reason that Zelda might have disguised herself as a Shiekah is because the Shiekah are mysterious, and not much is known about them.

Because not much is known about them, Ganon would not suspect Zelda would disguise herself as one.

That's the best guess that I can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom