• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who's Pumped for Paper Mario 3DS?

Is anyone here gonna get Paper Mario 3DS? To me it looks friggin awesome. I love how they really put you in control for this game by giving you an almighty sticker book filled with power ups and abilities! I am digging the new sticker theme! I also love how they changed the perspective of the battle screen from the traditional left-to-right to more diagonal. Also the battle music sounds amazing. The jazzy theme really gets me going! And I've yet to see the partners but I think they've been confirmed. Honestly what's there not to love about this upcoming game?! I have already played the first three Paper Mario Games and I'm hyped for this one! But that's just me. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
It is a total instant buy for me :). I have been waiting and waiting for the next installment of the series for quite some time now, it's looking really awesome ^^. I hope they let you play Luigi again.

Don't get me wrong, Paper Mario games are great and all but personally I'm a hell of a lot more excited for New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS. Nevertheless, I will still buy the game to be sure. :)
I agree with you 100% about Luigis Mansion 2. I loved the first one and the sequel looks promising. I can't say the same about New Super Mario Bros. 2 though. Judging from the recently released screenshots it looks exactly like New Super Mario Bros. :/ Although this is subject to change and if they release screenshots that prove otherwise, you and I will most likely share the same opinion.

Last edited:

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Paper Mario is my third favorite franchise next to Zelda and Pokemon. I have been excited about this since it was announced along with the 3DS. I was so excited, imagining the puzzle and gameplay possibilities of 2D Paper Mario in an ACTUAL 3D environment, not just a virtual one (not the right terminology, but you know what I mean.)

The knowledge that 3D has mostly become a novelty (meaning everything is perfectly fine without it) has squashed this fantasy, as it could never be critical to the gameplay. That being said, I still really want it. Because it is Paper Mario, after all.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I know I sure am. I love the Paper Mario series. Of course the Wii one was a bit disappointing, but I have no doubt they will top it with the 3DS version.

Fig

The Altruist
I really want Paper Mario 3DS! Every since I played the original Paper Mario on the Nintendo 64, I knew the franchise was going to explode (in a good way)! The weapons look incredible and I can't believe they are bringing back the Frog Suit!

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
I really want to try a paper mario so I'm looking forward to it. Can anybody tell me how the wii verison is?

Take a look at chuggaaconroy's LP, he literally just started it last week. It gives you a pretty good idea.

Many people don't like it because it isn't classic Mario RPG fare, like the other games. It is more of a hybrid of classic Super Mario Bros. and Mario RPG. I personally liked it a lot.

I would highly recommend Paper Mario 64 for the Virtual Console over either Super Paper Mario (Wii) or 1000 Year Door (Gamecube), but that might just be me.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm pumped for this game for than anything else, and it's good to see the return to the turn-based fighting. I'm curious to see all the new characters and witty humor they have to come up with, and the plot of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom