• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who's Gonna Get the 3DS?

Are you gonna get a 3DS

• Yes without a doubt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I need to see it in action

• No, I will probably get sick from it

• I can live without it

• Total voters

Zarom

The King
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS?

No, Donkey Kong Country Returns will be released for the Wii this holiday.

Hmm... As for myself, I'm definitely going to get the 3DS. It seems rather awesome and the only thing that could hold me back is if I don't have enough money. I've always wanted a DS, but since Nintendo announced that the 3DS will have backward compatibility with the DS games, I prefer to wait until I get my hands on a 3DS. I can't wait. :)

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Gonna get the 3DS, but I need to see it in action.

Seen the videos in Youtube and Gametrailers, and I must say the new DS shows promise. It shows images in 3D, and that itself is already in my to buy list. If the 3D effects are as good as Nintendo claims, then it means that I will buy it.

M

Mr.goji

I Can't wait, espeically cause of kingdom hearts 3D. though I hope it's backward compatible for regular DS games, If it's not, I may not get one.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I will definitely be getting this. I have to. I always collect systems, so adding one of these to my collection is just one reason I'll get it. I also really want it because I'm excited for 3D gaming. The lineup is pretty outstanding! I am very excited for Kid Icarus mostly, but MGS looks amazing and I heard a mention of Resident Evil! However, I will not buy this on launch. I will wait to see if they will make a special Zelda edition for the Ocarina of Time remake.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I will also definitely get the 3DS, as soon as possible after it comes out.

It already intrigues me and I belive it deserves alot of attention. I would love to see it in action, though this will not throw me off, but make me want to buy it more.

I like to keep up to date with the current gaming technology. (Especially Nintendo consoles), so there is nothing that will currently stop me from getting the console. Other than the release date :P

S

Stilt-Man

Definitely getting it, no doubt about it. As long as Nintendo isn't pulling a Molyneaux (over-hyping a so-so product into a can't-live-without-it product), it's going to be an amazing device. I really hope it's not like the Wii, though, where you had to sell a kidney to get one at launch. I don't want to wait, gosh darn it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm most certainly planning on getting the 3DS, though not immediately I don't think. Besides, with all the hype going into this new gaming technology I wouldn't be surprised if it's too hot to even find in stock. The technology itself intrigues me, and I can't wait to see it in action. Not to mention the library of games already confirmed is enough by itself to make me want the console. Can't wait to see what Nintendo can do with 3D gaming.

Beeker

Wild Card
I probably will get one soon enough, but not at launch. The DS I have now works great, but the reason I would want the 3DS is because of the amazing game lineup that's been announced along with it and for the 3D effects too. It'll probably come down to when I can afford to buy it myself.

And I'm already making a prediction that this thing'll sell fast during launch. I remember I wanted a Wii at launch, but didn't get one until 5 months later in April. And we were checking places every week. I have a feeling it'll be similar with this.

F

Falcool

Only having DS lite, I have been thinking about getting DSi for a long time, if they create a 3DS with DSi capabilities (Or 3DSi XD) then I will get it without a doubt. I will probably do it anyway, considering Oot 3DS and because of 3D in general.

The only thing I am concerned about is that you can not move your character like you did in PH/ST, because your actual game will not be on the touch screen. It will be on the 3D screen.

You would control PH and ST the same way on this system as you would on the DS.
For Ocarina of Time or any other game...you will most likely have to use the control stick.

Haxon15

FML
Without a doubt a first day buy for me! I just hope they release orange right away, which is very unlikely. Most likely they will only have red and blue, and maybe black on the day of release. then maybe a month or two later we will get the orange and purple ones.

But yeah all of the features and games so far, its amazing. 3D screen, Touch screen, analog, motion control... the possibilities of gameplay is awesome.
Plus theres the 3D camera, backwards compatability with DS games, updated hardware 2X BETTER THAN PSP (If you dont beleive me ill post the details), and its rumored you can install the game cartidge on it, so you dont even need to carry them around!

Now the games... holy crap where do I start.

-Resident Evil Revelations
-Super Street Fighter IV 3D
-Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
-Dragon Ball Franchise (no specific games announced yet, but im sure it will be cool)
-Animal Crossing
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Mario Kart
-Paper Mario
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Sonic Franchise
-Super Monkey Ball (it will be awesome motion controls and 3D)
-3D Dragon Quest franchise
-Final Fantasy franchise (HELL YES!)
-Kingdom Hearts 3D (name not final and this is my all time favorite game series ever so YES!!)
-Dead or Alive 3D
-Ninja Gaiden
-Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
-Splinter Cell
-Ocarina of Time 3D!!!

Thats one hell of a list, and its only gonna get bigger as more games are announced.

(btw those arent all of the games announced, just the ones I want to get.)

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I will for the simple fact that I knew a new console was coming out soon and thus I skipped over buying the DSi. 3DS is like the DSi but better from the looks of it so, i'd say I made a smart move on making my DS and DSlite last until that time.

I shamefully admit that I want it for the fact that the fifth Professor Layton game looks as though it's set to be released onto it. I'm hoping that the finger pointing animations are on the 3D screen though. It'll be like virtual eye poke or something when you get an answer right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom