• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who's Gonna Get the 3DS?

Are you gonna get a 3DS

• Yes without a doubt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I need to see it in action

• No, I will probably get sick from it

• I can live without it

• Total voters
After seeing the actual thing at E3, I defiantly want to get my hands on it. I've seen what TV can do with 3D, but I have to see what Nintendo can w/o the need for glasses. I just hope it doesn't cost a whole lot.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I'll probably get it, I'm really inclined to buy it because of the OoT and Kid Icarus. To be honest, the release of the 3DS is a really good opportunity for me... since I don't even own a DS... Yeah, I'm still rocking my GBA these days :embarrassed:

The 3DS stole the show at E3 for many reasons,but what do I think was the main reason? The amazing library that was revealed with it. We've got humongous first party support (which is expected) right off the bat with the long-awaited return of Kid Icarus, the next installment of Mario Kart, a re-imagining of the Star Fox 64 (which is considered the best Star Fox game by the vast majority), and the re-imagining of Ocarina of Time, which is the best game ever created in many people's eyes.
But geez, it couldn't stop there. They managed to get AMAZING third party support too, top of my list being a BRAND NEW Kingdom Hearts installment. After that you got Dead of Alive, Metal Gear Solid, Street Fighter, and a huge array of other titles that make me think the 3DS will be Nintendo's hardcore system, unlike the Wii which has never been all that hardcore at all because of it's 3rd party library.

Then just what the thing will be able to do is interesting to a lot of people. We'll be able to use 3D on something as tiny as that? I'm surprised Nintendo is going so far with updating its hardware like this, because I was beginning the doubt they actually cared because of how weak the Wii is. PSP just needs to stop right now; the PSPGO flopped sooooooo badly, and now its always been behind anyway. Now that the technology is now on par with the PSP, it doesn't have a way out because its library sucks so badly.

So yes, it's a top priority. OoT re-imagining was the best thing at E3 for me, followed by the new Kingdom Hearts.

Yea I would get it. (That would be my first DS, actualy.) I have been waiting for a big new feature on the DS to give me a reason to buy it. I m most excited about OoT3D. I should be excited about KIUR, but I do not know why I am not. I feel like I should. Judging by how all the votes are good, then it seems the 3DS is really anticipated for.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Nintendo%203DS%20real.jpg

This looks pretty cool. I am definitely going to get it whenever it releases.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Heck yeah I'm going to get the 3DS.

After all, there's a chance that it won't be all cheap and crappy like the DS lite and DSi (stupid shoulder buttons broke and became utterly useless within a year on the darned thing).

There's some good stuff going on with the library like the SF64 remake (which I missed out on the first time, so it's 3DS remake is the perfect time to get it) and other stuff like the new Kid Icarus as well as the new Kingdom Hearts. The main game I'm currently interested in for the 3DS is not OoT3DS, not Kid Icarus, but rather Paper Mario 3DS. I wonder why nobody has even mentioned it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS? And I know that's not all that's left for the 3DS, there's going to be a lot more awesome games in the future for it, of that I'm sure (anyone smell a new Metroid game on the 3DS?).

The chance of being able to play the games that require shoulder buttons on a system that doesn't have a wonkey touch screen (I'm talking to you, DS Phat) is awesome. And the possibility of a 3DS Virtual Console and 3DSware that's more inline with the WiiWare (hey, a gamer can dream, can't he?) makes me very excited.

Also, I feel that the 3D would make the experience a lot more fun. In addition to all that, the chances of a 3DS remake of MM is just awesome. Not to mention there are sure to be other awesome games for the 3DS.

I have a small question, what is DSi-ware and why is there a possibility that it will not be 3DS compatible?

Shovel- er, DSiware is a lot like Wiiware, except for the DSi and more gimmicky and badly pulled off. Also, I don't recall ever seeing anything that suggested DSiware would be incompatible with the 3DS.

Last edited:
I want it, but only because of the MGS game, since I'm planning to get into the series. Pokemon Black and White, I kinda want, but I'm waiting for either more info or something that'll blow my mind. Starfox and DK seem promising. They just need to keep Starfox as an on-rails shooter/all out dogfight (without the on-foot missions) and DK just needs to be DKC.

Right from the minute I saw the game lineup for 3DS I knew I was going to get it. For me the DSi was not a "must get" system, mainly because it didn't have exclusive games. But look what's already lined up for 3DS! Kingdom Hearts, Kid Icarus, Zelda, StarFox Port, Metal Gear Solid, Mario Kart, and many others. The mini-joystick is also a plus for me because it will be easier to use for moving 360 degrees in games like Zelda and Kingdom Hearts.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I'm really seriously considering it...
I wanna see how well it works, and maybe even give it a quick go.
Also, I want to know all of the specs for it before hand, like what it can play, etc, etc...

Still.... can't wait!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I highly doubt I will. I still haven't had my DSLite for all that long, and new systems are expensive, so I probably won't be able to afford to get it anyway. We'll see what happens, but I might wait until the next handheld system to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom