• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would You Like to See Link Cross Over With?

i'm a big fan of crossovers so i thouht this would be pretty cool so pick anyone from a show, movie, or even another game series that you think he sould crossover with, here are my choices

Dante (Devil May Cry)
well why not? they both have some pretty legendary swords and the're both legendary in general so yea

Zero (Megaman X)
i've been a fan of the Megaman X series for a while and everytime i saw Zero i think Link, they're both very couragous and willing to sacrifise their lives for what's right and another reason is that i aways felt that Zero was basicly a future version of Link

Batsu (Rival Schools)
only one reason, both Batsu (in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom) and Link (well the OOT version) are voiced by the same person

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
both of them have enemies who use dark magic to their advantage and Simon's whip is a family weapon passed down by his ancesters Trevor and Richtor, and Link's master sword is similar there

OOT Link vs. TP Link
in my opinion this would be the most epic crossover

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
This is an interesting idea, I only have a couple of problems with some of the characters you chose.

Dante is freakin awesome but his overpowerness compared to most other character would make it unfair (I mean Pandora's box could easily finish of Ganondorf)
MM Zero is pretty awesome, but once again probably the real difference is that fact that they have fast-firing guns but Link only has a bow which is limited to his own speed and strength.
Simon Belmont would be alright but that would require dracula or something, and I don't think Dracula and Ganondorf could possible work together too well, that would give Link and Simon the big advantage, anyway what about Soma Cruz from Castlevania:AOS? He in my mind is better with his powers and vast array of weaponry, sort of like Link.

Doing a Link cross-over wouldn't be hard and might have sort of been done, because that Hero's spirit I hear about that turns into a golden wolf and stuff and theorised to be the OOT Link. Otherwise you just need time travel which they already have in some games.

A good character in my reckon would be Sora from Kingdom Hearts, this allows Ganondorf to control heartless, have Zelda themed heartless and still some regular Zelda monsters, and then Sora just moves on to the next world.

This is an interesting idea, I only have a couple of problems with some of the characters you chose.

Dante is freakin awesome but his overpowerness compared to most other character would make it unfair (I mean Pandora's box could easily finish of Ganondorf)
MM Zero is pretty awesome, but once again probably the real difference is that fact that they have fast-firing guns but Link only has a bow which is limited to his own speed and strength.
Simon Belmont would be alright but that would require dracula or something, and I don't think Dracula and Ganondorf could possible work together too well, that would give Link and Simon the big advantage, anyway what about Soma Cruz from Castlevania:AOS? He in my mind is better with his powers and vast array of weaponry, sort of like Link.

Doing a Link cross-over wouldn't be hard and might have sort of been done, because that Hero's spirit I hear about that turns into a golden wolf and stuff and theorised to be the OOT Link. Otherwise you just need time travel which they already have in some games.

A good character in my reckon would be Sora from Kingdom Hearts, this allows Ganondorf to control heartless, have Zelda themed heartless and still some regular Zelda monsters, and then Sora just moves on to the next world.

while that is quite true in all aspects but i'm no getting at fighting crossovers, i mean crossovers that actually have the two working together, and i was getting at the Megaman X incarnation of Zero, and i'm a very classic gamer so thaat's why i chose Simon out of all other Castlevania characters, and yes that knight in TP was OOT Link but i still want to see an actual crossover between the two, kinda like how TP Link and WW Link were in Brawl

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I realise that you were getting at them working together, but it might be kinda hard for Link to be fighting some of the enemies Dante fights. Also Ganondorf as I was meaning would be taken down by Dante probably abit too easily and hence Link wouldn't be the hero but Dante, and Dante would still be in debt to people and eating pizza and strawberry sundaes (Reffering to anime mainly, which is still 'canon')

Caeda

Keyblade Master

This would be really epic.

I would really like to see a fight between Adult Link and Young Link in a Zelda game. I don't really know why.

Other then those, I would like to see a Fire Emblem crossover, Perferably Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Or a Golden Sun crossover.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
my pick is for Lloyd from the Tales of Symphonia series. Link could go help Lloyd in his world or Lloyd could come to Hyrule. I think they would make a great team or maybe even great rivals.

I realise that you were getting at them working together, but it might be kinda hard for Link to be fighting some of the enemies Dante fights. Also Ganondorf as I was meaning would be taken down by Dante probably abit too easily and hence Link wouldn't be the hero but Dante, and Dante would still be in debt to people and eating pizza and strawberry sundaes (Reffering to anime mainly, which is still 'canon')

understandable but think back at other crossovers in games or other media, the villain from the series that has the inferior power always finds a way to power him/her self up to the extent to where he/she is even a challenge for the hero with the superior power, so what i'm getting at is this, give the Zero and Link crossover for example, there could be a storyline there where Ganondorf travels to the time the Megaman X series takes place and gets extra power from Sigma, making him a worthy opponent for even Zero or the other Maverick Hunters and when Link travels that far into the future t chase down Gaonondorf Zero could help Link get stronger the same way he helped X get stronger because of course Link probably wouldn't stand a chance against say.....Vile, ya know even things out

I haven't actually palyed any of the Megaman X series, but I have played all three games of Megaman Zero (Doesn't mean I finished them all, just 1,2&4) but Zero is pretty awesome in that and much better than Megaman in my opinion.

oh, my my mistake, Zero from X has a better resemblence to a future Link in my opinion than Megaman Zero and his X incarnation is my favorate so yea

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I once started a fanfic I never finished that put TP Link and Zelda on Planet Gunsmoke (Trigun). Essentially, I was crossing over Link and Vash. So far, the fic is only two chapters, in which poor Link encounters the mysterious weapons known as guns and gets shot defending Zelda from Gunsmoke-bandits (they wanted to do bad things to Zelda), and Vash saves his life. I was going to have some philosophical debates between the two (Vash's pacificism vs. Link being mandated by his goddesses to kill stuff), and I had a request from a reviewer to have a scene where Link wears Vash's famous sunglasses.

I may never finish this fic.

I'm also playing Shadow of the Colussus right now (almost at the end and avoiding spoilers), and I can't help but think how easily Link would slip into main character Wander's position of crazy-bravely going up against giant beasts one must climb to kill.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Vash is awesome and I feel sorry for the guy, and Shadow of the Colussus is a really awesome game, your fan fic sounds slightly interesting but more onto the topic.

Cross-overs have to be extremely careful so they don't start contradicting each other or one is really over powered over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom