• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Back by request...

Among all the different Links/versions of Link in all the different Zelda games that have been created and have been played by the general public so far... who would win in a big nasty all out duel?

Here is the situation: The Links are not a single soul reincarnated, but are seperate entities. OoT Adult Link is seperate from his OoT/MM Young self. The stage is neutral. The Four Sword Links count as "one Link" on the poll, but are able to seperate/be a group. Transformations (animal or mask) are to be kept to a minimum (UNLESS you are able to explain just how wearing the Fierce Diety mask WOULD NOT make Young Link invincible/utterly devestating). Magic and Items are allowed. No murders - this is like Super Smash Bros. in that no matter how lethal an attack should be realisitically, it's not going to kill - the Links are just able to lay the hurt on each other, maybe "faint" each other as in Pokemon.

They are fighting for a very important prize: The last donut. The last donut in the world. Everyone is hungry for victory.

So, who do you think would win and why?

Link from the Adventure of Link. He had mad skillz to be able to conquer those palaces.

I've always thought that all the Links were about equal in skill. They almost all start as inexperience swordsmen, and at the end of there quest they become master swordsmen.

If I had to pick one, I would pick Twilight Princess Link.
I think that the hidden moves that the Hero's Shade teached him would give him the upper hand over the other Links.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
All the Links seem pretty equal in power with all of their battling skills.

Though, if I had to choose, I'd go with Twilight Princess's version of Link. I agree with Midna that the hidden skills would give him the upper hand, and he seems much more experienced with the weapons. He also has a large arsenal of weapons, so he could use the ball and chain to smash the other Links, and don't forget the Bomb Arrows, they'd be very good. So I choose TP's Link.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've had a lot to think about since the original poll, but for nostalgia's sake, I chose my original answer: LoZ/AoL Link.

My reasoning is that the first two classic games were rather gritty and primal. AoL especially had loads of hard enemies - plus, they were all out to make Link into a blood sacrifice. I consider the Link of those games to be the one who'd perhaps fight the hardest, because he's used to having to scrap just to survive. (Sure, they all do, but, as I said, AoL had some freakishly difficult and frequent enemies). He also knows a large repitore of magic spells, including some with devestating power. He's nicely balanced with heavy magic and brutish fighting skills. He strikes me as the "gritty survivor" among the Links.

After all, people still go back to the originals for gaming fun!

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Straight away, I am going to rule out WW/PH Link, and OoT/MM young Link. WW/PH Link to me is weaker than the others. Not physically but all-round. For example, he get's dizzy off of rolling three times or doing the great spin attack. He is young yet seems alot less athletic than the others to me. For example, Sidling. I imagine any other Link making the epic leap or jumping down, grabbing the tiny ledge and scaling it. Not WW/PH Link though. He cautiously steps on it and takes one step about every half hour.

I'm also ruling out OoT/MM Link. The main reason. Physical strength. He needs special power boosting bracelets to Lift a goddamn bomb! Yet you see TP Link carrying around that ball and chain and the ball of which is practically the same size as his upper body! Also, everything you do as OoT young Link is so easy. There is no challenge and nothing even seem remotely difficult. MM Link is pretty badass, but my opinion of hi just goes down because of how weak and pathetic OoT Young Link is.

OoT Adult Link seems kinda average and mid-range to me. Nothing about him is particularily special. He does achieve some great feats, but I still think he is kind of mid-range.

ALttP Link would be my second. However, I put him down to third due to... LA. I see this Link as more of a softie. He spends quite a lot of time being romantic with Marin, and having completed it yesterday, I'd say LA was actually one of the easiest games. In massive contrast to ALttP that is. In ALttP, it is relentless, there is are no breaks. It's temple, temple, temple, ice cave, temple, temple, GANON! In ALttP it feels like Link never stops. He just doesn't ever get a break, and that is why I put him third cause I feel he'd fight to the bitter end.

In second place comes... LoZ/AoL Link. For the reasons stated above by Shadsie. He is brutal, ruthless and barbaric. He fights for his life and he enters what I'd rank as without a doubt the largest in the Zelda series, Ganon's hideaway in LoZ. Along with all of this and he is also relentless and non-stopping like ALttP Link and his games (AoL in particular) feel like a race for life.

Now for first place it's... not MC. I feel MC Link would do well because I think he would be underestiated. He is also fast and has some good unique items. Imagine this, OoT Adult Link is charging towards him screaming, MC Link whips out his Cane of Paccia, and the next thing he knows OoT Adult Link is doing a handstand! MC Link is also the only Link to know nearly as many Hidden skills as TP Link, and lets not forget, he too can split into 4 (if there are the right panels around.) So MC Link is a candidate, and the only problem with him is he is just too young and not enough blood lust. I'd put hi 4th.

So, that leaves..... Tingle! No lol, he'd be a deffinate last. TP Link is first. My reasons are he is the strongest, oldest, most learned in the way of the sword of all the Links. He is also confident and aggressive. Let's not mention the Ball and Chain, and the Bomb arrows! TP Link would win hands down. I can really see no way he couldnt win. He has the best items, the most experience, the biggest age in years and by far the most strength.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
my money would go on MM link because of 3 reasons:
1. he has a lot of experience as young link in OoT and adult link in OoT
2. all of the trnasormation masks and special ability masks
3. the gilded sword and great fairy sword

Here goes.....(p.s. to be fair, I think this is uneven with the fact some Link's can use magic yet others can't use transformation...but thats me)

LoZ/AoL Link: I think this Link would do very well, He goes through the hardest story of any Link, LoZ/AoL Link faces what are probably among the hardest enemies in any Zelda. It terms of items though he is well of as well, His rings cut down any damage done severely down.

OoT Adult Link: I'm not sure with OoT Adult Link, He does have power and he did defeat one of the best forms of Ganon. He also has several magic arrows and wields 2 of the sacred weapons thats can hurt or weapon Ganon/dorf. He also wields a decent arsenal of weapons behind that. I don't know if thats enough for him to win though, Maybe he would come second.

Young OoT/MM Link: I think that OoT/MM Link has no chance, His weapons hardly do any damage compared to that of his older self 7 years on, Infact they do hardly any damage compared to all Links. Also he is naturally weaker being young and even his Kokiri Sword fully upgraded to the Gilded Sword he still doesn't have a powerful weapon and it does far less damage than the Master Sword, It isn't Sacred in any way either. He would easily lose.

TP Link: I think that Twilight Princess Link would be the most likely Link to win, He has a massive arsenal of weapons to wield. Seeing as Magic is allowed he could also use the Magic Armour for a certain amount of time. I also think that with the 7 Hidden skills would give him another advantage over the other Links. So I am going to choose Twilight Princess Link.

I would have talked about ALttP seeing as he is another good Link but I don't know enough about him to, When I find more out about the others I will post them later on.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Hmmm....if OniLink counts then thats a definate win.

If not probably TP cuz he's older and more experianced (spelling?) than the other links.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
twilight princess link hands down he'd pwn all the other links with his hidden skills (which the heros shade would be proud of if somehow he survived) and second his mighty midna charged attack as wolf link wouldn't hurt his chances and the mideval (hope i spelled it right) icing on the cake is his magic armor which would protect him very well.

Think of this post what you will.:)

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Who all thinks I ought to make this thread into a fan art? I mean, a big painting of all the Links scrambling for a donut?

I'm tempted to.

Haha Shadsie that'd be great. Do it ;). That really is something I'd love to see. I think i'd even put it as my Desktop background.

I believe ALttP/LA Link could take them. All of the other Link's had some form of power to help them along. Most had the Triforce of Courage with them. Those that didn't have some source of power or help really didn't have that big of an obstacle to conquer. But when you look at ALttP Link, he did not ever possess any piece of the Triforce, and he took on Ganon at (apparently) his all time greatest power. Ganon had the Trident, he had the Triforce held captive, he had been transformed into Best Mode, yet ALttP Link was still able to overcome and defeat him.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like the wind waker Link, so I voted for him. Besides, that's the first link I knew. ^^

This isn't really voting for your favorites, just whom you think would win. My favorite Link is Twilight Princess' Link, but I voted for LoZ/AoL original flavor Link on this all-out brawl, and gave my reasons.

That said, I remember someone on the original thread (the one that was deleted in the Great Forum Attack of 8/19 ) made a very long and VERY GOOD argument for why Wind Waker Link would be a winner. (It had to do with his agility and all-out spry attack style, I believe). Perhaps they will remember to come by here and make their case again. It was quite compelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom