• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who works in a STEM field?

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
I do, I work as a chemist.
I have B.S. degrees in biology and chemistry.
But my interests/hobby lie within the realm of electronics engineering.

Anyone else?

Also, was the name/description/pun of "topics STEMMING from SCIENCE,TECHNOLOGY,ENGINEERING,and MATH" intentional?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I thought I wanted to work in a stem field..but I really don't care at this point. I just want to work, make an income, and start living.

I am studying to work in a stem field, though. I think I might work as a chemist too; it's the easiest thing I know how to do and doesn't require years upon years of schooling like doctorates demand.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I worked for a while in IT, but although I did well and enjoyed it in school, I just didn't get much to do at my company and was really unhappy. When I tried getting a job with another company, but since I hadn't any proper projects to show, and I was already a year out of school, I was not a valuable asset, so eventually I started seeking elsewhere. So, I don't work in a STEM field anymore. But that's life

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I worked for a while in IT, but although I did well and enjoyed it in school, I just didn't get much to do at my company and was really unhappy. When I tried getting a job with another company, but since I hadn't any proper projects to show, and I was already a year out of school, I was not a valuable asset, so eventually I started seeking elsewhere. So, I don't work in a STEM field anymore. But that's life
But didn't you work as a medicine assistant? Thats technically stem huh

Fig

The Altruist
I'm currently studying under the STEM program at my university, more specifically studying to be a Computer Science/Engineering major. I'm currently on my second year at university, however it is possible that I could graduate in the Fall semester of 2016.

I don't think nursing counts as STEM, but...

My best friend works as an Architectural Engineer and my youngest brother wants to go to school to be a Biomedical Engineer. Throw in my friend's roommate who's also an Architectural Engineer and some days it feels like I know too many engineers.

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
Engineering is a great career, they make a good amount of money...even more than me. Which makes it even more frustrating when they come to me to help them solve their problems.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I am excited to one day work in Computer Science. I'm hoping to do a comp sci/law mix.

Claire

The Geekette
I graduate in May with a B.S. in Environmental, Geographical, and Geological Sciences. A week after graduation, I'll be interning with an EMA to research regional natural and technological hazards.

I've applied to the University of South Carolina for graduate school, but if that doesn't work out then I'll seek employment in my field and try for Fall 2016 admission.

Claire

The Geekette
I'm currently in school with an Environmental Studies & Sustainability major and I want to minor in geoinformational systems....

yay nature and maps! Does this count as STEM?

Also.... @ Johnny Sooshi and any other architectural engineers, do you like it? is it difficult? is it worth it? I'd love to hear back

The U.S. government considers GIS, cartography, and environmental studies as STEM!

Plus maps and the environment are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom