• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Who Was Your Favorite Teacher of Techniques?

Who Was Your Favorite Teacher of Techniques?

• AoL: The Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALTTP: Your Uncle

• MC: The Various Swiftblades

• TP: The Hero's Shade

• Total voters
:mastersword:For me it was the Legolas-ahem I mean the Switchblade clan. I know it was automatic but they all just have such great personalities. :D

No Orca? Come on, he taught some fundamental sword techniques at the start of TWW as well as the Hurricane Spin. :P

Hmm, I suppose I'll go with thee Hero's Shade from this list since Nintendo actually put forth the effort to integrate him throughout Twilight Princess, and the hidden skills were fun to use, even if largely pointless.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I now absolutely adore the Hero's Shade. Every time I go to meet him, I always refer to him as "Grandpappy" and absolutely love it!

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Hero's Shade, as much as it breaks my heart to pieces at the idea that OoT died with such strong regrets.

Btw, SS had Knight Commander Eagus who taught you how to use the sword too (not that I would've chosen him anyway, but just an fyi)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Gonna have to go with the Hero's Shade for this one. He was just such a cool character, and has an awesome history and legacy as the Hero of Time! The abilities that he teaches to Link are really cool and fun to use, and make the game's combat system so much better than it was (which was, admittedly, otherwise lacking in creativity and innovation). I also really liked how he became the Golden Wolf and taught Wolf Link great tunes to howl along to, it really expanded his character. Definitely the best technique teacher of all.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
No Orca? Come on, he taught some fundamental sword techniques at the start of TWW as well as the Hurricane Spin. :P

Missed this guy as well! But I guess it's Hero's Shade in this list. Those moments were always pretty cool, especially when he and Link clashed their swords together.

tumblr_m38bmlpDBi1qafp5yo1_500.gif

Pretty badass :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah Orca should have been in the list ;) But I'm going to choose Hero's Shade too. Not only was he cool looking but also his background story. Link teaching Link. That's very awesome.

Hmm, I suppose I'll go with thee Hero's Shade from this list since Nintendo actually put forth the effort to integrate him throughout Twilight Princess, and the hidden skills were fun to use, even if largely pointless.

Oh sorry. I've never played WW so I had no idea there was a teacher ^_^'

ETA: I also completely forgot about Eagus since I hardly touch SS and I shoulda added an Other option for all those Unknown teachers

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The Hero's Shade, definitely. For one thing, he's undead, which is something I like. For another, he's a stern old soldier, who is around because he cares about the country and about you. He's not afraid to insult you if you mess up, yet you can practice with him until you get it right. (Backslash is always hard for me to learn. Gamecube version). To ice the cake, it's been revealed that he's the poor ol' Hero of Time from Ocarina/Majora's. That just gives him so much of an emotional connection.

I have played Minnish Cap, however, and am fond of the Swiftblades, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom