• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who was the more threatening; Ghirahim or Zant?

Ghirahim and Zant were both puppets in their respective games, pawns to their master on a chessboard of evil...

But which was the most threatening?

Debbie constantly threatened to make Link's ears bleed with the sound of his own screams and Zant was pretty imposing before he revealed himself to be a nut-job.

Which wouldn't you like to meet in a dark alley?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I agree with Mez. Zant is definitely not someone I'd like to meet in a dark alley. To me, Zant seems a lot more unstable than Ghirahim and more likely to snap and lash out physically for no reason at all. Whereas Ghirahim, on the other hand, seems to prefer to attack with words, resorting to physical violence only when pushed too far.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When it comes to looks I would say Zant. When it comes to behavior I would also say Zant because the guy was a complete lunatic. But I think in general Ghirahim was more of a threat. He revealed himself already in the first Dungeon and he did everything he could to stop Link or make it very tough for him to continue. Chasing Zelda and trying to stop you and you have to battle him three times. And he got you right where he wanted you to be. Zant showed up in person to Link after the Water Temple. And with all his mojo and Twilight juice he also tried to make it tough for you of course but still he was nothing but a puppet on a string. More so than Girahim. So Ghirahim was more threatening in my opinion but Zant was more cool.

But in the dark alley it would be zant :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I found Ghirahim more threatening. Zant was just imposing and mysterious (before his character was ruined by Ganondorf). Ghirahim on the other hand was clearly sadistic, and he talked as if it was all a game to him to hurt Link. He was by far more threatening, and not just with his dialogue, but with his actions, too, particularly at the end of the story. He was a much better villain, I'd say.

Zant was the ever looming shadow, while Ghirahim was just the occasional boss. Zant was the instigator of the plot-- every devilish scheme and hardship faced by Link was of his doing; in that sense, he was a far more imposing and terrifying figure (which made his downfall all the more jarring and effective).

Ghirahim lacked his own agency; his death was a means to another end-- to save Zelda-- while, in TP, you're given one ultimatum: kill Zant or be killed.

Zant was the dark and mysterious overlord, whose very presence sent shivers through the room, while Ghirahim was the oddly comedic sadist who, time and time again, failed to deliver on exasperated threats.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zant was the only one I found to be intimidating. Maybe due to my young age when playing TP but Ghirahim was always someone I was always happy to see. I found him entertaining rather than creepy. I just love the fabulous male characters.

Zant. Sure Girahim is just bat-**** insane and has an awesome personality, but so far his bossfights just suck. I've heard that Zant's bossfight is insane and he comes across as a cold and very competent villain.

Ghirahim seemed to do more threatening then carrying out the threats.
Zant was already scary and Imao,the fact that he's also a nut-job makes him more scary.
But it would also be more easier to manipulate zant into not attacking me.

So Zant.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Ghirahim. And no, I'm not talking about actually fighting him in-game, I just mean in general. Seriously, he's fricking insane and he wants you to bleed. Unfortunately for him this is a Zelda game and you can't bleed in a Zelda game.

Zant was more threatening before he went insane, to be honest. Besides, Zant had his power loaned to him, while Ghirahim owned his.

Ghirahim was a tough enemy and challenging but I think he was made less threatening because he was a complete psycho! Every time I saw him I just wanted to smash his face in before he licked me again.

Zant was crazy but in a different way. He was obsessed with power. and the power his "god" gave him. Zant was a very threatening character in the way he acted and the power he held, even after he lost his mind.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
While in the initial interactions with either I find Zant more threatening, nearing the end game I would be more afraid of Ghirahim than Zant. Both are crazy and want to kill you, but Ghirahim is a literal weapon, while Zant is still only mortal. Ghirahim takes the win with me but only slightly.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Zant. He was pretty frightening for a Zelda boss from the beginning, but when it came out that he was a whack job... actually, seeing him in HH is a good way of showing how crazy he really is. And that can be damn frightening when hes after you.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Zant definitely. Zant is heartless and knows no such thing as mercy. Plus, he is twisted, insane, and his issues are at the level where not even a therapist can help him (not that he would want help, let alone even care anyways). Ghirahim, in my theory, is only evil cause his nature as a demon urges him to be and he has feelings for Fi. Which in my theory, I believe that Fi could have possibly been actually living being like Link and Zelda once. Anyways, I'll explain those theory another time, not now, cause it would to take long, plus they would be better fitting in their threads anyways.

Zant. He was pretty frightening for a Zelda boss from the beginning, but when it came out that he was a whack job... actually, seeing him in HH is a good way of showing how crazy he really is. And that can be damn frightening when hes after you.

Since when was HH a game? Did you mean HW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom