• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Should Voice Ganondorf In Breath of the Wild 2?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think this is a question on a lot of Zelda fans minds currently. If the corpse we saw in the BotW 2 trailer is indeed Ganondorf (and it probably is), who should be Ganondorf's voice actor? Also, should Ganondorf be given a voice at all?

I actually had this debate not too long ago, in that conversation, popular actors that came up to potentially voice Ganondorf were Josh Brolin (I could see his Thanos voice fitting Ganondorf well) and Anthony Del Rio (VA for Kratos).

Who do you think should be bring Ganondorf to life? If you don't think he should be given a voice, what's your case for that route to be taken?

Most VAs for video game characters are people i've never heard of, so there's almost no point in me guessing.

Also we dont know if Ganoncorpse is gonna rehydrate, we have no idea what he will look like for the voice to fit.

Right now though if I was to give him a voice I'd go for whoever played Galvatron in series 4 of gen 1 of Transformers, or maybe Starscream but he's dead.
Something shrill and screamy anyway os the way i'd go for his corpse form.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
james earl jones?? I think that's his name or Jeremy Irons... theyre the ones i can think of now....

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Not sure if they should even do voice acting in BotW 2. It wasn't that great in BotW and I think it would be a waste of time and money. However, if they're going to do voice acting, I think they might as well have a voice for Ganondorf. Willem Dafoe would be pretty cool. He's always good for playing sinister characters. I would actually like to see him voice the Happy Mask Salesman even more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For the English voice actors I'd say Nicholas Boulton or Steve Blum to voice Ganondorf both are good at deep sinister voices. As for the Japanese they should bring back Taiten Kusunoki from Hyrule Warriors as his laugh is the most diabolical.

Most VAs for video game characters are people i've never heard of, so there's almost no point in me guessing.

Also we dont know if Ganoncorpse is gonna rehydrate, we have no idea what he will look like for the voice to fit.

Right now though if I was to give him a voice I'd go for whoever played Galvatron in series 4 of gen 1 of Transformers, or maybe Starscream but he's dead.
Something shrill and screamy anyway os the way i'd go for his corpse form.

That would be famed voice acting legend, Frank Welker, doing a higher pitch than he does for Megatron.

For me, it'd be Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor from the DCAU)
Though it's likely we'd get a non-union actor. In that case, I'd go with someone like Chris Sabat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom