• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Names Rocks?

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I for one, named a few.

Tiny Grey Rock-Small Greyer

Medium Grey Rock-Big Greyer

Brown Rock-Mud Waller

Who has named a few rocks by calling your own names? I use 'em for Parties! :party:

Ganondork

goo
Black rock - Waka
Small, black rock - little blackie
Cracked rock - Joe

I generally use them for parties, skipping on water, or throwing at the elderly.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I just added a new rock to my rock rooster!

Speckled Large Rock- Speckled Giant

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Oh yeah. :cool: Naming rocks is fun, I do it all the time.

Orange rock(yeah, it was orange) - Orangey
Practically all of the rocks by my house - Rocky
And I named a large boulder while hiking! - Mt. I can see everything from here

And I will continue to name rocks all over the globe. <3

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Hey Guys! I added 2 more to my Rock Party!

Bumpy Silver Rock-Rock

Speckled Brown Rock-Jorge

I call my rocks what they are. While I am creative, I typically stay true to the actual names. *loves geology with a passion* Granite, mudstone, limestone, shale... the works. <3 Oh, but there is this one rock I found at one of my sister's track meets that is mixed with two different types of rock into a shmancy strata-like pattern, orange and black. Therefore I usually referred to it as the Tiger Stripe Rock. I still have it, I think it's in my sock drawer--don't ask. xD

There was also another rock, you could call it conglomerate if you wanted to, that held a larger piece of mudstone to a smaller one with natural cement. I called it the Mommy and Baby Rock when I was younger. Cute, right?

I also purchased one of those polished rocks from a souvenir shop. This one caught my eye because it was mostly Tiger's Eye, but at the end, it was hematite, and I think that is really, really awesome. I think I just called it the Awesome Rock.

One more that is note-worthy. This one is also a polished rock. This one was Agate. The design on it looked like writing of an ancient tribe or something. But then at the end of this one, there was a small amount of quartz. I recall calling this the Tribal Rock. Teehee... how creative am I?

Anyways... the only one I can locate at the moment is the Tribal Rock, so you only get to see what that one looks like. But that's alright because it looks pretty epic. Look how gorgeous this is:

IRYS

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I use to name rocks the most memorable of those rocks was a rock i named Plank after the one from Ed,Edd, and Eddy it had a smiley face and two dots that I thought of as eyes. :P

That rock looks awesome. :D

I collect lots of rocks but there's only one that I've ever given any sort of name, and it's probably my favorite of all of my rocks. It's fairly small and smooth, fitting comfortably in my palm, somewhat flattened and in an almost perfect circular shape. I got it when I was really little... it's half reddish and half blue, in a slightly swirled pattern that made me think of the South Korean flag, so I ended up calling it "Korea rock" all of the time.... :P Haha, I still refer to it as that sometimes. It was the very first rock that I ever collected. It has a lot of meaning for me - I love most that it is simultaneously very simple and very beautiful. I always keep it close. :> <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom