• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Likes Justin Bieber?

Nicole

luke is my wife
I completely agree with Hanyou. I don't really care about Justin Bieber, I don't like his music, his fangirls are annoying (sometimes), but I also don't like people who say, "OMG I hate, hate, triple hate Justin Bieber 'cuz he sings like a little girl and is, like, 4 feet tall." That gets on my nerves. If being a popular musician (even if only among teenage girls) warrants hate, than I only wonder what the world has come to....

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I am not fond of Bieber because I tend to hate how many people he's turning into freakish fan girls, but I don't have the right to judge someone I don't know as a person and neither do you. I don't hate or love his music, but beneath all the crap and hate, I bet he's a really nice person with a passion for music. I just don't like what he's doing to fangirls.

Without all the fangirls, however, I guess I could live with his go on the music industry. But as Vee said, I bet in 10 years that people won't even know who he is anymore. It's just for the time being, people. Deal with it and move on.

Hanyou

didn't build that
He got recognized for singing "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.

And that's not trolling, that's a fact.

Initially, maybe (I didn't know that and I haven't confirmed it online), but I was talking about the long term. If he could/can make a career out of singing classic hard rock songs, I would expect him to do so. If, on the other hand, he just gets popular singing R&B, then I would expect him to do that, too. Like I said, he's a product of whatever's popular in the industry.

I completely agree with Hanyou. I don't really care about Justin Bieber, I don't like his music, his fangirls are annoying (sometimes), but I also don't like people who say, "OMG I hate, hate, triple hate Justin Bieber 'cuz he sings like a little girl and is, like, 4 feet tall." That gets on my nerves. If being a popular musician (even if only among teenage girls) warrants hate, than I only wonder what the world has come to....

I suspect it's just the internet. The highest rated videos on youtube have a comment about how Justin Bieber sucks nine times out of ten, but people seem to forget about him when they go about their daily lives.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I generally don't talk about how much I hate him because all that does is feed his popularity. The two major reasons for this hate is because much of his songs are just 1-3 words repeated over and over again, the other is because the internet is being flooded by hate comments. According to my sister, half of 'Never say Never' was just that, him repeating the freaking title of the song over and over again. On the topic of hate comments flooding the internet. Just go to a Youtube video of any real music, i.e. The Beatles. Their's bound to be someone talking about how much they hate Justin Beiber. I agree with you but if you're not careful you're going to piss off a fangirl and start a flame war. Plus what I said earlier about potentially feeding his popularity.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Justin Bieber's fine by me.

Let me explain. Here's a kid who posted a youtube video on a whim, got a lot of recognition from it (even from respected artists!), and managed to make a lucrative career out of it. True, he did very little of this himself, but if I were his age, I wouldn't be asking any questions--I would be charging full speed ahead with whatever style of music got me recognition. I guarantee you a vast majority of people would do the same thing. He was just a kid when this all started, and why give up everything he has now just because some people are all butthurt and jealous of his popularity?

Do I like his music? Personally, I can't stand it. It's the same obnoxious R&B/pop/dance/whateverthehellelse style, with the same poppy style of singing, that's dominated the whole music industry for the past couple decades. But he's got success--good for him. Look, I enjoy telling jokes as much as anyone else, and I can have a good laugh at his music. But the more blind, pointless hatred I see piled on the kid, the more likely I am to defend him. He's a product of the music industry, and he can either write something of high quality (or, given the state of our music industry, popularity) when he gets older or fade into obscurity like so many child stars. Or, hell, he could just go to a good college and make something of his life, which I hope ends up happening because I wish no ill upon the kid.

If you want to criticize something, criticize Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas, Kesha, etc. They're fair targets, and since they're adults who want to be taken seriously as musicians, there's plenty of legitimate criticism to go around. They're also responsible (along with the critics and, hey, newsflash, audiences) for the godawful state of the industry. If their vapid music weren't so popular, maybe Bieber would be aping Rush or Johnny Cash or, hell, Luciano Pavarotti. Or if you like those artists, fine, then he's just another product. The real point is that he's not the cause, he's an effect.

But you know what? It's not even that serious, because his music is written for children who are personally responsible for what types of music they explore when they get older. Let the poor kid have his 15 minutes of fame.

Exactly.

Though I am sick of looking up music on Youtube and there's always SOMEONE commenting about Bieber. ''The 700 people who disliked this are Beiber fans'' etc etc....

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
I don't like his music at all but I'm not like other people who say harsh things about him. But one thing I don't like is his obsessive fans like the whole death threats to that one girl. To me music these days is going down each year for me and I'm losing interest in it. In my opinion music these days just sound the same and most cant sing live. I think he is too young to be doing this stuff and should wait when he gets older, since you never know how he is going to end up in life. Overall he seems like a good person and I hope he doesn't mess up his life I just don't like his music.

This. I don't like his style, but that's totally different from disliking the person. The obsessive fans, I've realized, are the people I truly hate. That particular incident with the girl is just taking it too far. Death threats?! Come on, people. So what, a person manages to beat who you want to win in a Grammy. That was friendly competition, and it has the word friendly in it for a reason.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Exactly.

Though I am sick of looking up music on Youtube and there's always SOMEONE commenting about Bieber. ''The 700 people who disliked this are Beiber fans'' etc etc....

You know the saying "every publicity is good publicity"?
Well this is oh so fitting for bieber when it comes to publicity. He became more known thanks to his publicity and not his music.

The bottle on his head incident, the negative comments on YouTube, support of Usher, hell even a reality show on MTV ect...

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
You know the saying "every publicity is good publicity"?
Well this is oh so fitting for bieber when it comes to publicity. He became more known thanks to his publicity and not his music.

The bottle on his head incident, the negative comments on YouTube, support of Usher, hell even a reality show on MTV ect...

A lot of Bieber's fame seems to define this saying. I, along with many others I know, first heard of him thanks to the hate that's going around the internet, especially Youtube.

Really, I'm neutral to him. I don't listen to his music and I really couldn't care less if a bunch of teenage girls are obsessive about it. What I hate is the excess flaming, which was never funny in the first place. Seriously, is he really that different from all the other pop sensations from the past? I understand being annoyed at fans, but may I remind people that many famous singers and bands had similar fanbases? The Beatles especially come to mind. Obsessive fanbases are common with musical groups and it doesn't matter how well those groups are received in the future. Some become legendary, others fade into obscurity. Bieber will probably fall into the latter category, since his music is pretty generic. Ten years from now, people will look back and wonder what the big deal was.

Although I do have to give props for the Best Buy Superbowl commercial he did with Ozzy Osbourne. It was quite humorous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom