• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Likes Justin Bieber?

I extremely "Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. LOATHE ENTIRELY!":mad: (How the Grinch Stole Christmas).

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I am not a fan. More just because of all the fangirls than the music. I've heard the Baby Baby song a time or two, and thought he was a girl, and it just went downhill for me from there.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
My question is, what is to like about the bieber?

Back in the old days when artists where young (Eminem, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake ect...) they all had their own flavour.
But bieber...hell no! I often see bieber being criticized by looking & sounding young but, the thing is, he has no style/image of his own. The only thing about his image is his oversized head and overgrow of hair. The dude really needs a haircut or it will look like IT from the Adams family.

Other thing is, why the hell is User supporting him so much? For god sake User, do you pity the guy because you experienced the same problems?

I don 't like User for the same reason to be honest. A 13 years old kid singing about sex...talk about a early kick in for hormones. The he hits puberty and his voice was breaking... And to make things worse...He tries to copy the Style of MJ, which fails.

No. No no no no no. I don't know how many more times I can say this, NO!
I don't like his music, but he was fun on Saturday Night Live, but that's about it. And his movie that came out? *barfs* No. -.-

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope, I grew up with many boybands and have seen many artists come and go and I think bieber is also someone who will disappear in a while and 10 years from now people don't even know his name anymore. Just a hype and nothing more. I don't hate the kid himself because I don't know him in person but from what I have seen and heard (looks and music) I say: NO!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Not me. Here's why.

I hate him because he has a high pitched voice, has horrible songs, and there's another reason. For a normal band, they work HARD just to be able to get accepted by a record label. Then this kid just posts a YouTube video of himself and he gets accepted by Usher instantly. Some people also think that if teens like music, then it would be Beiber. REALLY!?

What the hell is there to like about him?

link to present

Four Year ZD Member
Not me. Here's why.

I hate him because he has a high pitched voice, has horrible songs, and there's another reason. For a normal band, they work HARD just to be able to get accepted by a record label. Then this kid just posts a YouTube video of himself and he gets accepted by Usher instantly. Some people also think that if teens like music, then it would be Beiber. REALLY!?

The reasons you've listed are the same reason why I hate Bieber

Hanyou

didn't build that
Justin Bieber's fine by me.

Let me explain. Here's a kid who posted a youtube video on a whim, got a lot of recognition from it (even from respected artists!), and managed to make a lucrative career out of it. True, he did very little of this himself, but if I were his age, I wouldn't be asking any questions--I would be charging full speed ahead with whatever style of music got me recognition. I guarantee you a vast majority of people would do the same thing. He was just a kid when this all started, and why give up everything he has now just because some people are all butthurt and jealous of his popularity?

Do I like his music? Personally, I can't stand it. It's the same obnoxious R&B/pop/dance/whateverthehellelse style, with the same poppy style of singing, that's dominated the whole music industry for the past couple decades. But he's got success--good for him. Look, I enjoy telling jokes as much as anyone else, and I can have a good laugh at his music. But the more blind, pointless hatred I see piled on the kid, the more likely I am to defend him. He's a product of the music industry, and he can either write something of high quality (or, given the state of our music industry, popularity) when he gets older or fade into obscurity like so many child stars. Or, hell, he could just go to a good college and make something of his life, which I hope ends up happening because I wish no ill upon the kid.

If you want to criticize something, criticize Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas, Kesha, etc. They're fair targets, and since they're adults who want to be taken seriously as musicians, there's plenty of legitimate criticism to go around. They're also responsible (along with the critics and, hey, newsflash, audiences) for the godawful state of the industry. If their vapid music weren't so popular, maybe Bieber would be aping Rush or Johnny Cash or, hell, Luciano Pavarotti. Or if you like those artists, fine, then he's just another product. The real point is that he's not the cause, he's an effect.

But you know what? It's not even that serious, because his music is written for children who are personally responsible for what types of music they explore when they get older. Let the poor kid have his 15 minutes of fame.

I should listen to at least one of his songs, but I can't it might destroy me. In a way I have let other people decide for me, and from what I see he sucks. Now I don't have anything to back this up besides the people who I trust, So I can't say I hate him and yet I can't say I like him either so I'm neutral.

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
I know EXACTLY who likes Justin Beiber! People who went down Niagra Falls without a helmet. He's just another 'total hottie', generic pop star spawned from the music industry. He sings horrible songs, and sounds like a six year old who inhales helium. So, in answer to you question, NO. And I repeat, No. No no no nonononononononononono. NO.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I know EXACTLY who likes Justin Beiber! People who went down Niagra Falls without a helmet. He's just another 'total hottie', generic pop star spawned from the music industry. He sings horrible songs, and sounds like a six year old who inhales helium. So, in answer to you question, NO. And I repeat, No. No no no nonononononononononono. NO.

See, I don't mind it when people insult music (I did so in my post), but personally insulting people for the music they listen to seems unnecessarily unkind. I see a lot of this with Bieber--flaming his fans and such--and I don't understand why he elicits such strong reactions.

Mind you, it's a trap that's very easy to fall into and it's a tough line to walk. But most of Bieber's fans aren't even jerks about it.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I don't like his music at all but I'm not like other people who say harsh things about him. But one thing I don't like is his obsessive fans like the whole death threats to that one girl. To me music these days is going down each year for me and I'm losing interest in it. In my opinion music these days just sound the same and most cant sing live. I think he is too young to be doing this stuff and should wait when he gets older, since you never know how he is going to end up in life. Overall he seems like a good person and I hope he doesn't mess up his life I just don't like his music.

Abbs

I'm neutral on Justin Bieber. To be honest, the haters can be about as annoying as the fans. He seems like a typical pop idol that girls seem to worship for having nice, long swoop hair and a voice that's higher than their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom