• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is your favourite Star Wars character?

The Skywalker Saga is at an end, apparently... So the time is now to tell us all who your favourite characters are from the films that mean so much to so many.

Who is your favourite Star Wars character and why?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I still haven't seen 9 yet, but Finn has been my favorite character since 7 came out. Him starting from a random stormtrooper that turned traitor and becoming one of the heroes of the rebellion was really cool as a concept for a character. I love the way he drops everything to help others. He's so gratifying to watch on screen. John Boyega is a treasure, himself. I love Finn.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I do not *care* if it is a basic-ass choice, he is everything perfect about the idea of a Jedi. Wise, thoughtful, speaks in riddles like a village hedge wizard, and skilled at lightsaber duels.

I choose not to accept his characterization in TPM because he's needlessly mean in that.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ahsoka Tano because not only is she the Padawan to Anakin before his fall to the Dark Side, but she has one of the best character developments in the entire series. Adept at dual-wielding lightsabers, she's able to take on the likes of General Grievous and Ventress singlehandedly, and is extremely athletic to boot. It's high time she makes it to the big screen, whether before her eviction from the Jedi Order or her ascent into her "Fulcrum" namesake. Furthermore, introducing her as the first cinematic Grey Jedi would be fascinating.

Whatever happens, though, the role should go to someone other than Brie Larson, as I doubt she can nail Ahsoka's positive, determined attitude down right.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite character is The Senate

He is behind all the events in the star wars movie saga and the movies are as much about him as the Skywalkers.

Ian McDiarmid is a delight to watch playing both the kindly politician persona and then the true Darth Sidious persona who seems to have so much fun being a villain. You can feel how much joy he gets using the full power of the dark side and having his plans come into fruition. I think it would be hard not to have fun watching him.

I was definitely rooting for the guy in the latest episode.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
9lfBhpc.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I always liked Obi-Wan, even in the prequel films. I liked his role in the original trilogy as a wise Jedi Master. Seeing him in his prime as a Jedi Knight was pretty cool too: that saber-duel in The Phantom Menace between him and Darth Maul was epic throughout. I found Obi-Wan's scenes in Attack of the Clones to be some of the only portions that made that film tolerable too.

And then his dilemma of having to kill his own padawan, not only that, his best friend, in Revenge of the Sith is tragic.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I love Alec Guiness's Obi-Wan (I liked Alec as an actor anyway) but my alltime fav is Senator Palpatine/Sidious. First of all I find Ian mc Diarmid is absolutely brilliant. He plays the emperor in full perfection. Palpatine is an incredibly interesting character. As a kid I always saw Darth Vader as the big bad evil until the Emperor showed up and man he is creepy as ****! In the later trilogy we saw more of his background and how he became this ultimate mallace. But that makes him so interesting because he's also very charming. The way he turned Anakin. Ian is perfection. No other actor could play the emperor/senator as good as him. He enjoys playing him and that shows through the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom