• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favourite Companion?

Who is your favourite companion?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

• King of Red Lions

• Ezlo

• Midna

• Ciela

• Fi

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Linebeck was hilarious! He is one of my favs. It will be a tie between him, Midna and King of red Lions. All three made a change in personality during their quest. All three had no other meanings than personal gain but during their adventure they changed. It is hard for me to choose which one out of the three I liked the best. I think I will go with Linebeck since he really was comical and I liked his style

I can easily say Midna was my absolute favorite sidekick of any Zelda game.
Honestly, I was hoping for Fi to take that place. With the amount of emotion visible at times in Skyward Sword, I was really hoping for a strong, visible bond between Link and Fi. I didn't really get that vibe. The ending seemed to be the only time any emotion was even shown by Link towards Fi, and still, it was in a seemingly forced way.
Midna really gave me everything I crave in a sidekick. She starts out as bossy and hilariously-witty. As the story progresses, you see more and more of who she really is, and I really feel a strong bond get built as the story goes on. Of course, the ending just made me feel things I didn't know video games could do! I felt Link would truly miss Midna, and that it really pained her to go through that mirror for the last time.
Midna brought laughter, tears, and excitement to me as I traveled through Hyrule with her, learning more and more about this secret princess as time went on. On another note; when Midna was revealed as the Twilight Princess, I have to say, I think that was one of the first and only times a video game literally shocked me to wear my mouth dropped. I had no idea, and just loved it.
Ah, still waiting for another sidekick like that, Nintendo . . .

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
We all know Midna's going to win.

But I voted for Tatl. I thought she had the most personality (besides Ezlo and Midna). On one hand, she could be kind of annoying, but she wasn't nearly as bad as Navi and sometimes she seems under-appreciated.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I like midna. KoTRL was close, but didn't quite make it. I liked how they were having a role in the story, and they were helpful and only gave you info when you times called for it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I do have a soft spot for Fi. So many of the companions have such clear and well defined personalities, that Fis's robot-like lack of personality was a refreshing change and, in a way, gave her just as much personality as some of the others.

Midna, I cant believe how some people say she was annoying! She was sarcastic, ( Not in a mean way.) had great development, was hot!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite companion would be Midna. I felt more connected to her than any of the other companions. At first I hated her cause she treated Link like her slave, but then I started to care for her a bit more after she got hurt by Zant and instead of wanting to save herself she wanted to help Link get rid of his curse. I also felt upset when I thought she had died after she teleported Link and Princess Zelda out of Hyrule Castle, but I was happy when I found out that she had lived. I cried at the ending too, when she broke the mirror to prevent the two worlds from ever being connected again. I think that was probably the only ending out of the Zelda series that I truly cried during it.

I didn't feel that connected to the other companions at all either. I didn't feel as upset at the ending of SS, OoT, MM, or any other game, when you lost your partner. TP's was the only one that recall getting that feeling from cause I felt like truly connected with that character.

Now maybe in future installations of the series there might be another companion that I might connect with, but for right now, it's just Midna.

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
Fi! Screw personality! Its a blue/purple woman that skates on water and calculates distances!
in my opinion better than a freaking talking boat, a bird hat with an attitude problem, oh god do not get me started on those freaking fairies and Midna was actually kinda Bad "A" so yeah...

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Wow. This is a bit of a hard choice for me. Navi was the first companion Link ever had, which set a standard for all companions. Then there was Tatl, a sassy, yellow fairy that softened over time. The King of Red Lions was one of the most helpful, since u couldnt go anywhere without him. Linebeck I really didnt like at all. Midna was more related to the game than any other companion, & had more personality than all of them. Fi was important to the main story of the Zelda series; everytime Link picks up the master sword, he's unknowingly bringing Fi along with him. She was the most annoying out of all of them, but she had her moments that were actually pretty funny!
...soo I'd have to say either Midna or Fi.

Warrior of Fire

The Hero of Time
I'd have to go with Midna with Navi right behind her. Midna really grew throughout the game and even before she completely works for your cause as hero, you can see that she's having struggles between her own desires and truly helping. It's not until Zant first confronts Link that you can truly see that she's grown to care for Link as a friend, and the ensuing part of the game shows how much Link grew to care for Midna as a friend. And of course, Navi is the first companion in the Zelda series created by the developers that made it into the game, so she holds that special place for me. She even becomes the first character from the Zelda games to be a mainstay in the book series that I'm writing. I'll make a thread in the appropriate place to reveal some of the chronology of my book series, but know this, Navi first meets her new partner eight years after leaving Link at the end of Ocarina of Time after returning to Link's side, then, after about millenium and a half, they encounter each other again, this time in London while Navi is beset by werewolves (my explanation for werewolves in the series is that they are normal people who become afflicted by a spirit curse that binds the spirit of a Wolfos to them and they become half human, half Wolfos during the full moon), and she faints after meeting him again, not much older than when they first met, and trying to put the pieces together.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
They all have their good and bad points, but my favorite is Ezlo. My main reason is rather silly, but I enjoy being able to use him to become a Minish whenever the need arises :)

Midna, definitely I like Fi she had a unique style and form. But I was hoping she would have a personalty through the game, but she was a robot through the whole play through and only gained a little bit of personalty at the very end of the game D,:

My problem with fi wasn't the fact she was robotic or even her personality, I just really found her quite annoying. People say Navi was annoying, at least she didn't beep me every freaking time I was low on hearts or a million times telling me my battery was low. While I liked her as a character the constant alerts got to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom