• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Author?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Mine? Well, my favorite authors are authors of my favorite series (barring one exception).

The series are:
Harry Potter
Inheritance Cycle
The Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
Twilight Saga (it makes me laugh too hard to not include up here. And for you Twihards, it is NOT a Romance. Romance is not "I watch you while you sleep," and Twilight was based on a dream, making it a Fantasy. However, it should be classified as a Humor)

Naturally, my favorite authors would be:
J.K. Rowling
Christopher Paolini
J.R.R. Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Stephanie Meyer (Again, because her ideas of romance are hilarious and since Twilight is based on a lucid dream, it is a Fantasy, more specifically a wish-fulfillment fantasy)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Fantasy has become my favorite book genre, and I have been discovering lots of new authors lately.

My favorites:
JRR Tolkien
Robert Jordan
Brandon Sanderson
George RR Martin
Steven Erikson
Terry Goodkind

I have tons more books on my to read list, so I'm sure this author list will grow :)

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
That particular honor of 'My Favorite Fantasy Author' belongs to one person, and one person alone.
And that is (I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned AT ALL!):
Rick Riordan with his series' Percy Jackson and the Olympians (best series EVER), The Kane Chronicles, and The Heroes of Olympus. These are truly amazing novels, and I am absolutely shocked that nobody has mentioned Rick Riordan's name.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Actually Draymorath, mandym287 did mention him. And I like him as well. I read the whole Percy Jackson and the Olympians series about a year and a half ago; and I really enjoyed it. Very entertaining and well writing novels. I've not read the new series though, I'm definitly planning on doing so.

Last edited:
That particular honor of 'My Favorite Fantasy Author' belongs to one person, and one person alone.
And that is (I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned AT ALL!):
Rick Riordan with his series' Percy Jackson and the Olympians (best series EVER), The Kane Chronicles, and The Heroes of Olympus. These are truly amazing novels, and I am absolutely shocked that nobody has mentioned Rick Riordan's name.
Are you sure that no one has mentioned him? Well, you probably shouldn't make your text too obnoxious. Sometimes changing the colors, font size and the typeface might bother people and it can sometimes come off as a spammy post. But I'm glad to see someone else who likes Riordan--Percy Jackson and the Olympians actually was a recommended series to me by one of my friends. I love it when I find a great read that I can't put down. =)

I haven't actually gotten to see it yet, but I hear the movie for The Lightning Thief was pretty awful... ._.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I haven't actually gotten to see it yet, but I hear the movie for The Lightning Thief was pretty awful... ._.
Omg, it was! It was one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen!
Are you sure that no one has mentioned him? Well, you probably shouldn't make your text too obnoxious. Sometimes changing the colors, font size and the typeface might bother people and it can sometimes come off as a spammy post. But I'm glad to see someone else who likes Riordan--Percy Jackson and the Olympians actually was a recommended series to me by one of my friends. I love it when I find a great read that I can't put down. =)
Lol, sorry I didn't see your comment I guess. =/
Anyway. I'll bear that in mind. I just got a little excited is all. XD

The big deal is that he is the song of Poseidon and there is a prophecy about a child of the big three--Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades--that makes a decision that leads to the prosperity or downfall of Mount Olympus.
Sssshhhh, those are spoilers! :P

p.s. I made my last post less annoying. :)

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Finished the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. Currently reading The Alchemyst series by Michael Scott. Both are great authors. Also finished Lord of the Rings recently. So throw JRR Tolkien in there.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My travels into the genre that is Fantasy has offered me various a boundless perception of that classification. I've read from numerous fantasy authors, and it has become my favorite subject of perusal (so much in fact that I'm writing a trilogy). Still many novelists to take a look at, such as Mrs. J.K. Rowling though I've already seen the movies, but I'm still behind on a couple of other books for leisure.

My favorite author in the fantasy genre is Christopher Paolini, inventor of the illustrious Inheritance Cycle. His style brings out so many sensations at the same time. The characters in his ongoing story show impeccable emotion, which adjusts without inconsistency throughout. Although his inspiration palpably comes from J.R.R. Tolkien, Paolini did a marvelous job of incorporating his own world and an unwavering personality to each respective class in Alagaesia. I drew my own vision from him, and the LotR Trilogy as well, so I can't wait to see what he brings after Inheritance, even if it's not in the fantasy genre.

Rachel

be vigitant
J.R.R. Tolkein
Brian Jacques
Alison Goodman
Christopher Paolini

And if you consider dystopian type novels to be in the fiction genre...
George Orwell
Ayn Rand
Scott Westerfield
Allegra Goodman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom