• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favorite Fantasy Author?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I am an avid reader of fantasy fiction, and I was just wondering what fantasy authors you guys like (those of you who read the genre of course).

It's really hard for me to pick my all-time favorite author but it's between the following:

J.R.R. Tolkien
Robert Jordan
R.A. Salvatore
George R.R. Martin
J.K. Rowling

I am not an avid book reader, but I have to say J.R.R. Tolkien. It used to be J.K. Rowling, but I ended up getting bored of her books.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
J.R.R. Tolkien and Anne McCaffrey. I just love the Dragonriders series a lot! :)

Last edited:
Hmm... let's see... I do like the fantasy genre quite a bit, but most of the reading I've been doing lately has been involving manga... But, nontheless... my top three favorite fantasy authors would have to be (in no specific order):

A.J. Lake - It almost feels like I'm the only person who is familiar with A.J. Lake. I'm not sure how many books she has written, but I was really into her The Darkest Age trilogy. It was about a group of people blessed with the gift to look through other people's eyes--called the Ripente. And a mystical sword that is meant to slay the Norse Deity, Loki. It's actually a really touching series.

Rick Riordan - I think Percy Jackson and the Olympians might count as fantasy--well, Greek Mythology kind of has a fantasy-esque feel to it, so... why not? Rick Riordan is excellent at twisting the known stories about the Greek Mythology and creating his own characters within "Camp Half-Blood". A very excellent series. If you are unfamiliar with the basic plot of the series, it's pretty much about a boy named Percy Jackson, who is demi-god--a child of a Greek god and a human. The big deal is that he is the song of Poseidon and there is a prophecy about a child of the big three--Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades--that makes a decision that leads to the prosperity or downfall of Mount Olympus. There are technically five books in ther series, but Riordan has begun writing an indirect sequel story that fits into the prophecy given at the end of the last book in the series.

J.K. Rowling - Of course! You can't think of the fantasy genre without having her cross your mind, now, can you? x) I'm not an über Harry Potter fan or anything, but the overall creativity of her series is just absolutely incredible. Everyone should know Harry Potter one way or another, so I don't think I really need to give any explanation on this one. xD

R

richa14

Fantasy author...

J.R.R. Tolkien writer of Lord of the rings trilogy is my my favorite fantasy author.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
J. R. R. Tolkien and Christopher Paolini. Both authors have a very vivid vision when it comes to describing things in utmost detail. I can't wait to see my preorder of Inheritance make its way to my doorstep!

Phillip Pullman (mainly his dark materials, the rest ain't that good) JK Rowling and of course Tolkien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom