• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Who is THE most annoying minion/boss/enemy in any Nintendo game ever?

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
FIre Keese. especially in the Spirit Temple as a child and in Dodongo's Cavern since they can burn your Deku Shield, are really annoying because they'll just fly up to you randomly and be really annoying. You can just slash them after they hit you since they pause for a second, but Kokiri Sword is the size of a toothpick and so you have to boomerang them...unless you're in Dodongo's Cavern and don't have the Boomerang yet so you have to Slingshot them.
Leevers are the worst enemy ever. Both in OoT, where they'll just constantly attack you in Desert Colossus and completely deny your attempt to kill the Gold Skulltula, and in Zelda 1 where they just seem to not want you to do anything. I haven't played any other games where they're annoying, but god, do i hate those things. (They're annoying in MM too but more just "won't leave me alone" not "make me want to smash my N64)
Literally everything about Spirit Temple as child seems designed to annoy you now that I think of it. The Iron Knuckles killing you in a few blows while taking almost no damage from you, the Keese burning your shields and dodging your sword, the Leevers not dying in one hit to non-jumpslash attacks...

Most annoying enemy in Mario-Lakitu
Most annoying in Zelda-Like-likes
Most annoying in Kid Icarus-Pluton thieves
Most annoying in Metroid-Emmis
Most annoying in StarTropics-too many to name
Most annoying in DK-either Kopters of Klaptraps

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
Primal aspid from hollow knight. In hollow knight I hate all aspid type monsters, but this one has a lot more health and spits three bullets in your direction. They are why the kings pass is my least favorite area in hollow knight

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Definitely the EMMIs from Metroid Dread. They take an enjoyable game and drag it down with mandatory insta-fail stealth sections.

Hard disagree. Did you play Fusion before, though?

As for me, the most annoying enemy in any Zelda game must be the octoroks in BotW. Not because they of damage or difficulty but because they can hit from far away and are absolute trolls

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Calling the EMMI’s “insta-fail” is an almost Creeper7000-level complaint.

Don’t get me wrong, I do think they get old after a while, but they are far from the most annoying thing in a Nintendo game. Hell, they aren’t even the most annoying thing in Dread.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hard disagree. Did you play Fusion before, though?

As for me, the most annoying enemy in any Zelda game must be the octoroks in BotW. Not because they of damage or difficulty but because they can hit from far away and are absolute trolls

Of course. Even the SA-X was more enjoyable. That being said, I cannot think of a single non-stealth focused game that made stealth fun.

Seahats and the Big Octo in WW terrified me when I was younger. Same for Redeads, Gibdos in MM as well.

These days as far as Nintendo games specifically, BotW’s Octoroks were already mentioned, and I’d have to add some certain Lizalfos and Wizrobes, more due to their locations than anything else. Lastly there’s the Mogdula which I think might have been my first death in the game and ever since then I’ve only had the courage to take on one or two.

Other Nintendo series, I really can’t think of much to be honest. I think the final boss in Dread was one in such a long time I had to do more than a few attempts to finally defeat. Maybe the masks from Mario 2 that chase you when you grab a key…forgot they were in Kirby Star Allies when I replayed it yesterday but they are nowhere near as bad there.

That does remind me, the bug mini boss in Kirby’s Adventure was one I used to have lots of trouble with for sure.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Don’t get me wrong, I do think they get old after a while, but they are far from the most annoying thing in a Nintendo game. Hell, they aren’t even the most annoying thing in Dread.
What’s the most annoying thing in Dread to you? I’m really close to beating it and so far I don’t really find anything that annoying, aside from a few bosses, but everything else is really good (the soundtrack is pretty dull though, I won’t lie, and some of the gimmicks do get old after a while, but overall it’s very solid)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
What’s the most annoying thing in Dread to you? I’m really close to beating it and so far I don’t really find anything that annoying, aside from a few bosses, but everything else is really good (the soundtrack is pretty dull though, I won’t lie, and some of the gimmicks do get old after a while, but overall it’s very solid)
I disliked the repeat boss fights with the chozo warriors. They’re not difficult fights, but theyre just annoying to fight, the spear ones in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom