• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Who is THE most annoying minion/boss/enemy in any Nintendo game ever?

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
The Spear Guys and Ice Bros in Paper Mario: Sticker Star are so stinkin' accurate in the overworld before a fight, and in BotW, Lizalfoses… Lizalfos? Fos'? Whatever. The lizards always creeped me out...

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The wizrobes in Majoras Mask aren’t necessarily annoying to fight, but they show up all the dang time. That’s honestly the worst part of the entire game, which says a lot about how nearly perfect the game is otherwise.

Any enemy that chases you around for an extended period of time. Phantos, shadow Mario, etc. it’s like this time limit that they’re disguising as an actual challenge.

Creeper, aw man.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have to say those Hammer Bros with Boomerangs in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I guess they are Boomerangs Bros, haha! Those bastards kept me from beating the Daredevil run of the Grandmaster Galaxy for many years. I just couldn't seem to get past them. Then one day 2 years ago, I was hanging out with my pal @Pen during a voice chat, and told him about my unlucky streak to get past the nefarious Boomerang Bros. He was like, "oh, you know you can crouch and get past their boomerangs, right"?

...hahaha, right! ACTUALLY NO! It never occured to me to try crouching after all that time. I always went in with a mindset that I'll defeat them all for payback - that obviously never turned out well. In that very call I 100%ed the game and it was a great moment.

A enemy that is, in retrospect, so easy to deal with will always remain the most annoying to me.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
I never played Skyward Sword. Is it good?

Dry Bones aren't really annoying, just in the sense they are next to impossible to destroy.

I'll reference Nintendo IPs, even if the games are not Nintendo made.

In terms of being a ripoff from another game - Gohdan from Wind Waker wins this category.
Whoever from Nintendo designed this boss was so lasy that they just took Andross from Star Fox and reskinned it and put it in a Zelda game. If that's not what happened, it sure as hell feels like it. Most lazy design of any Zelda boss ever.

In terms of being hard? Hmmmmm.
Culex from Mario RPG is actually quite hard.
Andross from Star Fox Zero is also very hard and also not very fun at all.
Prime on hard mode from Metroid Prime really takes skill to beat.
Dark Samus at the end of Metroid Prime 2 need skilla and luck to beat.
K.Rool inside the volcano in Donkey Kong Country 3 is hard but not super hard. With some practiceit's doable.
K.Rool from Donkey Kong 64 needs perfect timing to beat. One screw up and the round resets which makes the entire battle impossible it beat. it's doable, just really hard. Also really annoying to lose right at the end and have to re-do all the other rounds over and over.
Shadow from Zelda 2 is very hard if you don't cheese the AI.
Majora's Mask from the same game has some challenge to it if you don't use the Fierce Deity Mask.

wait wait wait....did you just... recommend skyward sword? Am I in bizarro world?
It's not the worst 3D Zelda game ever made. Well worth a play. It's not amazing, but it's also not garbage either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom