• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is the Ghost Guy in Ocarina of Time

• Thread starter Wulf young Link
  • Start date
W

Wulf young Link

I think he is the kid in the graveyard who acts like Dampe

My theory is that ganondorf or bango-bango put some kind of curse on him giving him the one-eye look. The reason I believe he is the kid from the graveyard is the way he swings the stick like the kid and the way he moves a lot like him. Also the ghost guy has a thing for ghosts and the kid liked graveyards. But I also think so because 7 years have passed and the ghost guy looks a lot like a teenager. If u guys have any thoughts or agree with pls reply.

I'm talking about the guy in hyrule castle gate area who wants the pose for the 4th bottle

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people think he is the guard from the same room, 7 years earlier. Both have a love for chaos, both are in the same room, it makes more sense. Now, i never did notice the fact that he swings the stick like that kid. So now i dont know what to think, i say theyre closer to being a equal chance. I still think its more likely to be the guard though.

W

Wulf young Link

Well to continue my theory I think maybe Bango-Bango or Ganon cursed the ghost guy thats mainly all I can think of if anyone else has some ideas pls post

Din Akera

Sniper
That is an interesting theory. I have heard quite a few different ideas on who the man who runs the ghost shop is. This is one I have not heard before. I agree with your comparison of the stick, interest in ghosts, and i can even bed to agree with the age. However there are some things that don't fit quite right. The kid may have an interest in ghosts and want to be more like Dampe, but I do not feel that he is evil or would be a follower of Ganondorf which the Ghost Shop Owner obviously is. His statement "I hope the world gets even worse" is not one I can see coming from a kid/teenage who is simply interested in ghosts.

Your idea that Dampe or Bongo-Bongo cursed him both seem very unlikely. Dampe was not an evil character, he was simply the gravekeeper. Further after the seven years he passes away and you meet him as an adult in the grave and he has a halo. This implies he was crowned as good. If they had just wanted him to be dead they would have just had him floating as a ghost. The halo is a pointed tag of good. Bongo-Bongo is the more likely of your two options. however, the timeline does not fit. Bongo-Bongo did not escape the well until after Morpha was defeated. This is not only on the adult timeline, but also a little ways into it. The Ghost Shop Owner is already in place in the guards house when Link arrives back in Hyrule from the Sacred Realm the first time.

On the flip side of that, there are some things that you haven't mentioned hat would back up your theory. The fact that he states that he wants to be more scary (which is how you know to give him the spooky mask) could be the reason he wanted to change into the Ghost Shop Owner. Also, the curse or whatever it may have been that changed him may have changed his personality to be 'evil' and a follower of Ganondorf. (I do find that hard to believe though). It may be been a curse by Ganondorf, but I find that also hard to believe as that would seem a very personal infringement which is not characteristic of Ganon, more of a villain like Majora.

I do think your theory is interesting and could be true if twisted in the right way. But I think we need to find a little more evidence. Good idea though!

W

Wulf young Link

I didn't say damp cursed him or the ghost guy was evil

Oh I forgot he wanted to be more scary thanks for the help

Din Akera

Sniper
I didn't say damp cursed him or the ghost guy was evil

I apologize. I did read your initial sentence to fast. No, you didn't say Dampe cursed him. And I realize you didn't say the ghost shop owner was evil. I am saying that to make my point that the kid is unlikely him.

And just so you know, you can edit your posts by click on the 'edit post' button underneath your comment. That way you don't have to double post. ^^

W

Wulf young Link

I have to say IMO the ghost guy doesn't seem evil he just looks it and looks can be deceiving. The fact that he had a interest in ghosts was the one of the biggest including the signature stick the kid has I'll post some pics as comparison or something.

I can see whyuthink it's the guard nick because of the triforce symbol on him and the location so it could be either IMO.

I found an article on my theory woot. http://www.zeldawiki.org/Graveyard_Boy

Oh I got another theory with it too. Maybe the reason he says his face his hideous is the mask that he wore as a kid made everyone I dunno think he was a redead or maybe he was attacked by one these are just theories.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I still hold that there are not complex theories or connections in the Zelda series. The developers themselves have stated that they don't consider the timeline or anything like that particularly important, and that they only do enough of it because the fans expect it. But that means that most of it isn't going to be that complex. Given that, then that means that almost everything is going to be the most simply, straightforward answers. They practically tell you striaght-up that the Ghost Shop man is the soldier that was there before. With what he says at night in the past. Saying that knowledge of ghosts might be useful one day when the world isn't as nice anymore. That's a dead giveaway. Given that the timeline stuff isn't that complex, especially back then. There cannot be anymore complexity to that. These two are the same man.

W

Wulf young Link

I agree that it COULD be the grave boy or the soldier.

Ok I have done some thinking and come up with 2 theories reguarding the Poe collector
The graveyard boy: He is the Poe collector and has been cursed or something.
The guard from the past: He is the Poe collector and was spared by Ganon because is there any guards as adult link and the guard had a triforce symbol and talks about ghosts(past) and talks about how he wants chaos both times. And he calls adult link "young man". Anyone agree or have any ideas plspost any.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There is actually a fairly simple and less cryptic explanation to who the Poe Salesman is, an explanation that I only recently found out playing through OoT 3DS. After you receive the Ocarina of Time, go to the room full of pots (the future site of the Poe Salesman) in Castle Town at night, and speak to the guard there. This is what he says in the original OoT:

Guard said:
Man, I am SO tired!
The night watch is so boring!
I wish some ghosts would come
out or something...
Hey, I'm really interested in
ghosts!
Studying them is a hobby of mine,
but you never know...the time
might come when that kind of
knowledge might be useful!

Given his interest in ghosts, it is probable that he is the same individual, who died during Ganondorf's reign or was transformed into the shape that we find him in when he sells Poes.

There is no doubt in my mind the market guard is the ghost guy. It just makes sense.

There is actually a fairly simple and less cryptic explanation to who the Poe Salesman is, an explanation that I only recently found out playing through OoT 3DS. After you receive the Ocarina of Time, go to the room full of pots (the future site of the Poe Salesman) in Castle Town at night, and speak to the guard there. This is what he says in the original OoT:

Given his interest in ghosts, it is probable that he is the same individual, who died during Ganondorf's reign or was transformed into the shape that we find him in when he sells Poes.

he also wishes there was more chaos in the world too

amaterasu

Writer
the ghost guy is deffinatly the guard. he said somthing about Ganondorf sparing him or somthing i think. my memorie's kinda foggy and i havn't played in a while.

I think it's just the soldier wearing a mask. I actually think he's a pretty cool character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom