• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who in the Zelda Series Would You Like to Play As Other Than Link?

i was thinking about this, i understand that Link is the primary main character to play as in the series but it's just a question of fan servace, who would you like to play as other than Link, it could be anyone from the Zelda series, a certain villager, a Zora, Goron, heck you can even throw in a Zelda enemy as your choice and you can also choose some obscure characters lol. by the way anyone who votes Error to be playable deserves a cookie, anyway my choice is Sheik

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Ganondorf. Trying to take over the world rather than save it would be epic. It could be more like a tactical strategy game where you organize your minions to victory. I would totally play that.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
MEDLI! When you're in the Earth Temple in WW, I just really enjoy playing as her. I like flying and swimming characters(Rito and Zora).

Din Akera

Sniper
Interesting thought. I think to play the game as anyone other than Link, my vote would be a sheikah...specifically Sheik. But, i would want it to be an original game (meaning i wouldn't want to just play Sheik's part in OoT), I'm thinking his own section of a game where you get to play him in all his glory. Another person I would like to play as would be Midna. I enjoyed her personality a lot and she was quite helpful at times. Though we only saw her true form for a short time, i'd like to bet there is a lot more to her powers than we are aware of.

But, the other interesting idea with this topic, is playing through that person's average day, as someone mentioned up top. I would think it would be pretty interesting to be Zelda. Not while she is kidnapped, but while she is in her castle being a princess. Being a Gerudo would be quite eye-opening too I would think. Living in a ranked system of feminine society would certainly be a new experience.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I would like to play as Princess Zelda because she is one of the main character in this game series. The games itself use her name, this series is about her legend...

Djinn

and Tonic
I believe that the Zelda games have only given us the Hylian perspective, so I would like to try an adventure through Hyrule as one of the other tribes such as the Zora or Goron. I think a Gerudo game would be interesting, they might have to use stealth and speed more than solid attack and defense. The entire game could be about making rupees or stealing valuable items from Hylian mansions or ancient dungeons while avoiding authorities, traps, and the occasional monster. So a game where you play as Nabooru, Aveil, or someone new would be interesting to me.

Playing as a Goron would be fun but I think some changes need to be made to keep it from becoming a 3D platformer. As all their attacks and defense is done with their fists and rocky shell. Games have shown that they do use weapons since they created the megaton hammer and the biggoron sword so they could be upgrades to just using the fists alone. So maybe one of the Goron heroes of old like Darmani or the historic Darunia that fought Volvagia.

Also I would like to try something a little different from the standard gameplay we get with Link. Link always uses a sword and shield, and typically bombs and a boomerang. Well why not try a main weapon of a spear or daggers. Even someone more magic heavy that cannot rely completely on physical combat. We hear so much about how Hyrule is a magical place but so few magic users. Some type of good version of a wizzrobe could be used, possibly under a different name.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Interesting thought. I think to play the game as anyone other than Link, my vote would be a sheikah...specifically Sheik. But, i would want it to be an original game (meaning i wouldn't want to just play Sheik's part in OoT), I'm thinking his own section of a game where you get to play him in all his glory. Another person I would like to play as would be Midna. I enjoyed her personality a lot and she was quite helpful at times. Though we only saw her true form for a short time, i'd like to bet there is a lot more to her powers than we are aware of.

I remember years ago hearing a rumor that if you beat OoT 100% that it would unlock a quest where you play as Sheik. I didn't buy into it, so I wasn't let down when I did get 100% completion. However it did get me thinking that something like that could have worked out. Maybe the quest could involve Sheik traveling to and from a "Dark World" a la ALttP and doing the 5 temples' dark world counterparts, where he/she has to defeat the guardian of each one to break a magic seal on the entrances of the temples in the Light World so Link can enter them. After completing each temple, he/she returns to the Light World and meets up with Link at the entrance, teaches him the warp song, then vanishes off and returns to the Dark World to do the next temple in the Dark World while Link is busy with the previous one in the Light World.

That sounds like it would have taken a lot of work insanity. I'm not really a fan of "second quest" types of games. I'm not likely to plough through a game just after I've completed it. Maybe I'll come back in a few months and replay the whole thing, but never consecutively.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I agree with Djinn...it would be interesting to play as a person from a different Race...I think the Gerudo would be pretty cool... :) but, then again, the Zoras, Gorons, Dekus, etc, are also pretty cool.

~Swift

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom