• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Here Watches GameGrumps?

Who Here Watches GameGrumps?

• Yeah! GameGrumps is awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I watch it some, but not all the time.

• Not since Jon left... R.I.P Jon (Even though he isn't dead.)

• I have heard of it, but I don't watch it.

• What's a GameGrump?

• Total voters
I've been a pretty big fan for about a year and a half now. I was drawn in by their Sonic 06 playthrough, which is still, in my opinion, the best series that they've done so far. It's trendy to hate on them nowadays, but I don't really buy into that much.

I'll be honest, I like Jon more than Dan. I don't really find myself literally laughing out loud anymore like I used to with some of the Jon-era videos, but Dan is still pretty awesome in his own way. I liked Steam Train more when it was Dan and Ross, just because I thought they bounced off each other more than Arin and Ross do. Hopefully it goes back to normal soon.

Oh yeah, and I've had this signature for as long as I've been back at ZD. Gregzilla's movie trailers are excellent pieces of work.

Fig

The Altruist
I watch Game Grumps. It's one of my favorite shows to watch while I am at YouTube. Granted I don't watch them 24/7, but they are a nice show to watch and listen when relaxing for a few minutes. That said, I do see myself spending a good hour watching both Game Grumps and Steam Train. As Verg stated earlier I somewhat prefer the original Game Grumps with JonTron but the new generation, or should I say new Daneration, of Game Grumps is not bad at all. I do wish they can change up the line-up more often as we have Arin and Danny in Game Grumps and Danny and Ross in Steam Train. I don't mind them being the usual three that do most of the commentary, but it would really be nice to see Suzy and Barry more often instead being on the sidelines and occasionally join in from time to time. All in all, I love the Game Grumps as they always give me a reason to laugh whenever I am sad or simply not in a happy mood.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I've been a lovely since Day 1.

Honestly though, I prefer Danny. John wasn't bad but I honestly like Danny more. Which is weird since I only started watching Game Grumps because of Jon. :P

Big Octo

=^)
I stopped watching every episode a good sixth months ago. I don't know, it just feels like its lost its charm to me. It has nothing to do with Danny, as I enjoyed a lot of the earlier stuff he did. It just feels a lot different now and unfamiliar. And personally, I think there's been a steep dive in the quality as well.

That being said, I started watching them around the time they actually started. I was particularly excited for it because I was already an avid fan of both Egoraptor and JonTron. What I first saw did not disappoint me. Hilarious would be the understatement of the century. I recall always looking forward to the next episode; it was a real treat to have two episodes in one day.

I also remember when the fanbase for Game Grumps was relatively small. I'll admit, I frequented the GG Subreddit in its early days. At that time it was pretty niche and not very "Reddity," for those who know what I'm talking about.

By far, my favorite series of theirs would have to be Goof Troop. They had me laughing uncontrollably with each episode. I still think that it has the best moments in the entire life-span of Game Grumps. That August of 2012 could not have been any better. It was that good.

Sonic '06 isn't too far behind Goof Troop for me. It goes without saying that it had some of the most famous moments in all of Game Grumps existence.

Along with many other fans at the time, I was crushed to see Jon leaving the show. After nearly a year of funny moments and good times, a major half of the show dropped off so unexpectedly. I felt like the gap couldn't be filled. I came to enjoy Danny's presence, though. He was something fresh and not trying to act as a "replacement Jon", which I really appreciated.

Now that I look back on it... it's kinda sad, knowing how avid and eager I was to catch the newest episodes, while now I just scroll by each thumbnail, letting new episodes to collect dust in my subscription box. I often think about unsubscribing too, as I've almost completely lost interest. It's most likely nostalgia that's keeping me from clicking the button.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I used to watch them religiously pretty much, not so much since Jon left though. Still watched them quite a bit after that to be fair though. More nowadays, I watch them little to none besides some of their older series and some fan animations. I just don't think they're that funny or enjoyable to watch anymore.

Dan

I have watched a few episodes but it's not for me. I dislike the juvenile humor, off-topic nature and blandness of the show. If I'm watching a gaming show it's normally because I have an interest in what others think of a particular segment of the game, different opinions can often times make clear what I had not seen before, sadly with game grumps while they can express some great opinions 9 times out of 10 it's simply fart jokes and some going deep into some other topic while ignoring the game altogether, may as well have a talk show if you're going to do that.

I'm glad Jon left as he's now back to doing his own show, which I'm a lot more fond of, more effect goes into that show,furthermore I find myself laughing more than scar did when he killed Simba's father in the lion king. (The editing in Jontron is top notch polish as well)
To be honest it's clear the gamegrumps are aiming for young teens rather than an older audience so I can't really complain.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I watched during their first year. Stopped because i don't like the new guy, it's like listening to two egoraptors.

I have watched a few episodes but it's not for me. I dislike the juvenile humor, off-topic nature and blandness of the show. If I'm watching a gaming show it's normally because I have an interest in what others think of a particular segment of the game, different opinions can often times make clear what I had not seen before, sadly with game grumps while they can express some great opinions 9 times out of 10 it's simply fart jokes and some going deep into some other topic while ignoring the game altogether, may as well have a talk show if you're going to do that.

I'm glad Jon left as he's now back to doing his own show, which I'm a lot more fond of, more effect goes into that show,furthermore I find myself laughing more than scar did when he killed Simba's father in the lion king. (The editing in Jontron is top notch polish as well)
To be honest it's clear the gamegrumps are aiming for young teens rather than an older audience so I can't really complain.

Yeah, that is why I prefer Two Best Friends when it comes to LPs. They talk about random stuff as well but they always bring it back to the game and make it about the game. GG seems it's just random crap 99% of the time and the game is just background noise.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ehh I've never really been fond of them. I've give their videos a try and their sense of humour just seems too random and silly for me to find enjoyable. Plus I'm with Seth, it seems like the videos are based around them talking about random stuff rather than relating to the game. I haven't really watched much of them though, so my judgement may be premature, but really the channel in all isn't for me.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've been shown them before when some people made them out to be the greatest thing on Youtube; watched 2 videos he said were "hilarious" and just didn't find them that funny at all. Not my type of humour I guess, but, I just found them annoying. :P

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I love Game Grumps because they cause beautiful things like this to exist:

[video=youtube;K4m5mr41g4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4m5mr41g4c[/video]

TBH there aren't too many amazing remixes aside from this one, so that may not be a good reason. But goddammit, if banana shoes doesn't get caught in my head every once in a while...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I didn't expect this much hate towards Danny xD

I don't think anyone has a real problem with Danny. I think the problem now is Arin.

I liked Arin back in the older "Jon" era because he was a chill, relaxed, and enjoyable person. He had his moments of absolute craziness (The Nick GUTS one is the thing that stands out the most, that and the WHAT IS THIS? from Sonic '06), but they were always for a REASON. There was always a purpose behind his attitudes. Nowadays he flips his **** for no reason, and is a real pain in the *** to watch in GG vs. You could make the same argument for Jon, really, because whenever Jon lost he would tend to go over the top and be a really sore loser...the same with winning. But for some reason with Jon, it was charming. With Arin, its just annoying. Favoritism? Probably.

But seriously, I love Danny, he's my favorite guy on GG right now. He's what Arin used to be, really. Oh, and Ross. Ross is pretty awesome too.

Anyone notice how little effort Barry puts into the videos these days? Its like he barely f*cking tries anymore. Maybe that's just me, but I always loved seeing the little things Barry would throw in, and it would add to the charm. Nowadays, you're lucky if you get a freaking balloon from him :U

That's interesting, because "Arin being the problem" is almost exactly what I've though as well for the past half-year or so. Jon and Arin worked out so well together because they both acted fundamentally different on the show - Jon was rather loud, overreacted to everything, and was generally the "crazy" member of the duo. Arin acted as a perfect foil for him at the time because he was initially what Nintendo_Master said - very calm and collected, and usually acted as the "voice of reason" for the duo. Not only did that dynamic work out for most of the time, but it actually INCREASED the humor when Arin, the guy that wasn't usually over-the-top, went off the deep end (the "What is This" moment is probably the funniest GG moment of all time for me because of this).

Then they bring in Dan, and he's incredibly similar to how Arin used to be; a very calm guy who prefers to get humor outside of being absolutely absurd. In order to be the foil yet again, Arin tries to "Jon-ify" himself by being as off-the-wall as possible, being much easier to throw into a fit and altogether just screaming more. Having two "common-sense" guys at the same time wouldn't be that entertaining, so someone has to change. It's not that Arin doesn't pull if off that well, it's just that he's really not as good as Jon at being absurd and rather obnoxious.

That's kind of also the reason why I liked the Dan/Ross Steam Train episodes, particularly the King's Quest one. Ross was the stupid, blundering idiot who couldn't stay on track for one minute, and Dan was the level-headed thinker that actually tried to progress. They bounced off each other well, and I though those playthroughs were pretty great. That's part of the reason why I hope Dan/Ross Steam Train comes back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom