• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Here Collects Stuff?

During my childhood I somehow mustered up the attention span and patience to collect Pokemon cards. I had a sizeable collection that was noteworthy around my neighboorhood, but I sadly lost them all. Well, I didn't lose them, I sold them at a yard sale for 20$ xD.

Anywho, what do you guys collect? Tell us all about it!

I collected leaves at one point. XD I think I may have been 10 but it was ridiculous. I had a shoebox full of them and when my dad threw them out I was so mad.

Like every other child born in the early 90's, I collected Pokemon cards when I was younger.
I was once into collecting YuGiOh cards too, I suppose.

Nowadays I guess I collect video games.
Although, when I buy a game, my intention is always to play the game, rather than just collect it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I used to collect rocks. Weird, I know, but I found that when you break rocks you can see the prettiest sparkling things inside. Is that calcium? Or is it crystal? Whatever it is, I called it crystal, and I loved rocks. Still do, actually.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I collect comic books. My collection is mostly modern, as I have neither the patience, funds, nor dedication to collect Golden and Silver Age books. I have a soft spot for The Bat, and I have most of the New 52 Batman titles (including all the various spin off series, like Batman and Robin, Batwing, Nightwing, etc.). I'm also a Watchmen nut, so I've got the original 12 issues, the trade paperback, the Absolute Watchmen hardcover, and a few assorted figures (and a Rorschach cosplay... because Rorschach).

I'm a geek.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I love collecting.

I mainly collect books. I have a very large collection of fantasy novels, comic books, chess books, science books (physics, astronomy, cosmology, biology), and foreign language books/resources. I also collect martial arts movies (especially Hong Kong cinema).

I'm actually pretty obsessed with collecting things. When I was younger, I collected Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I also had a pretty nice glass doll collection when I was little, but I definitely don't still collect those. A few years back I got craaaazy into collecting manga and bought around 40 per year for two years (and started out with a collection of thirty or so prior to that), but it's not a very impressive collection now since I stopped and haven't bought any for a while. I'd like to pick that up again, though. I've done the same with books in the past, but I only have a few hundred since, again, it's an off and on sort of collecting, and I may start back up tomorrow, or it could be a year from now. I have a pretty large collection of rocks, and I collect any interesting plants, sea shells, insects, and other things from nature that I find pretty or unique. Just today I added a new cicada to my collection, actually. I have a pretty good amount of dried roses and orchids in my collection right now... they're very pretty. I can't think of much else I collect, besides matryoshka things (I bought a very lovely checkers set with matryoshka playing pieces last month). I guess the only other thing that I like to go out and purposely collect would be ribbons for my hair. I have a really large selection and love to go through my big boxes of them and try them out in my hair all the time for fun... but I'm a little shy to ever wear them out in public since I rarely ever see anyone else doing anything like that.... So, I like collecting things very much. :>

I collect lots of stuff. When I was younger, I liked to collect dandelions. Err, yeah. I would run all over the field of my kindergarten, and pick every single one I could find. I probably have a bunch of dead dandelions somewhere. Hahaha... I'm also what you would call a packrat, so I sometimes hoard useless junk, though I've gotten a little better about that. I have an insanely large rock and fossil collection from my countless expeditions to gravel piles, though I haven't really had the time to keep searching. Coins are fun to collect, except after touching so many at a time, my hands begin to feel all filmy-like and reek of metal.

I search for four-leaf clovers on occasion so I have a heapload of those too, and I suppose since I keep them pressed, that I collect those. And I like house plants. Not really an item, but I have a bunch so it's kind of like a collection. ;j I used to go to a Catholic school up until fifth grade, and my teachers would always distribute prayer cards. So I have a bunch of those. I am really fascinated by the writing style used in prayers and the illustrations that the publisher selected. What's awesome, is that I can tell you where I received each card and who gave it to me.

--Oh, and fonts. But that's a given for a font savant like myself.

I collect comic books. My collection is mostly modern, as I have neither the patience, funds, nor dedication to collect Golden and Silver Age books. I have a soft spot for The Bat, and I have most of the New 52 Batman titles (including all the various spin off series, like Batman and Robin, Batwing, Nightwing, etc.). I'm also a Watchmen nut, so I've got the original 12 issues, the trade paperback, the Absolute Watchmen hardcover, and a few assorted figures (and a Rorschach cosplay... because Rorschach).

I'm a geek.

This is a Zelda forum.
I think everyone here is a geek, and is totally okay with that. ^^

Fig

The Altruist
I still collect Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards! I can't stop buying a pack until I have every card in that specific card list! :D I have binders and tins full of classic and new cards for both series of trading card games! I love my hobby/life! ^^

I used to collect Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh cards when I was younger. I don't have the money to buy them anymore, so I stopped. [noparse]:([/noparse]

Don't worry, they are sold at a very reasonable price, about $3-$5 a booster pack and $10-$14 per deck.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
For the last, say, 4 years, I've collected Bottle Caps from Beer Bottles. Don't know why I started it, probably just for something to do. I don't really pay much attention to it. I've got about 500, which, mind you, is considering I don't drink.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I collect:
Star Wars action figures
Kingdom Hearts figures
Pokemon toys and cards
My Little Ponys xD

Thats about it :3 Im all about toys <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom