• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Has (or is getting) The New 3DS?

Do you have the New 3DS?

• Yeah but I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, it's...okay.

• What the pug is a "New 3DS"?! I just got the old one!

• EH?! YOU DON'T HAVE A NEW 3DS?! I thought everyone had one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
So, my brother got the New 3DS and I'm thinking about saving up for it but I want to see who has it and what they think of it. Please take the poll above. And, if you have it, I'd really appreciate it if you replied with a review of it below. The review doesn't have to be long, all you have to say is wether or not it's better than the old 3DS. Thanks for reading. By the way, I did the poll and voted for the second to last one.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The only differences is the new one is slightly bigger and has a different type of software able to run games like Xenoblade

I have one.

I have a black New 3DS XL and previously to that i had a standard 3DS.

I must say that i'm pretty happy with it. Its a good upgrade, the 3D is stable and stays in focus, its more comfortable to hold too. It has clicking points so that you can open it to the required amount depending on how you're sitting or holding it and have it stay that way.
Mine came with its own memory card which is actually quite a size and that was free already inside of the console. The download speeds are fantastic, i've gotten full games from the eShop within minutes and downloads for virtual console games take seconds whereas with the standard 3DS it felt like it took forever.

It doesn't make the games look ugly, which is what i was worried about considering it had a larger screen, the new buttons feel fine to get to and use and the new camera stick nub-thing feels fine too, its quite fun to use actually. Plus it has amiibo functionality so that'll save you having to fork out money for an adapter for the standard 3DS. I've used the amiibo a fair few times now for Smash and it doesn't slow the game down at all, its quick to recognise them just like it is on the wiiU

I say its a decent upgrade, i was thinking about getting an XL so im glad i waited, its the best of both worlds, an XL which does downloads faster, has good memory, has some hardware features like the clicking points, it isnt as jagged around the edges as the standard 3Ds and has good 3D. If you have only had a standard 3DS then i say its good investment to upgrade.

Last edited:
I have to say that I love the new 3DS, but there's something about it that really...REALLY bugs me.

It scuffs and scratches like crazy. Even when in a case.

Most of the parts that look plastic are actually painted metal. And while I'm sure it makes the device very sturdy, it's too easy for it to look all beat up.

I'm probably going to end up getting a decalgirl skin for it.

キラ

Yo!
I like my New 3DS. I personally think that 3D is a gimmick but it's still fun to use the 3D feature - and now, I don't have to worry about losing that 3D effect when moving my 3DS. Amiibo support is cool. The extra set of shoulder buttons is nice. The C-stick works well. So with the extra set of shoulder buttons, I can play games like Resident Evil: Revelations without having to use the Circle Pad Pro. The Circle Pad Pro is way to big and the extra analog stick is too far away. Everything loads and downloads faster. I know that it makes playing Monster Hunter so much easier.

It depends on if these features are important to you.

Dan

Funny enough I just received mine today.
wnKAmkH.png

My ****ty phone camera doesn't do it justice. I put Bubsy (Praise him be) next to it to enhance the picture of its awesomeness. (I also need to dust...)

It's certainly an upgrade from the original cosmos black 3DS I had. I love the extra size. I was never bothered about getting the original XL since it came out not so long after the Orginal 3ds and it looked a lot cheaper anyway so I didn't go for it, plus the extra screen size was really the only thing it had going for it.

I'm pleased to hear the new 3DS xl supports html5 which is a nice little extra.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
I want a handheld SO BAD. Will someone PLEASE mail one to me, maybe?

Please?

Am I all alone in the handheldless realm?

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I would like to get one, but my parents doesn't agree the idea. They just say that it has nothing different than one button, and you don't need to waste 200 euros for one singular button. So, I'm stuck with old one.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Transfer the money to my paypal account and I'll mail you one buddy. ;)
You're asking to get transferred a Baseball Bat to the Face...

I seriously cannot afford one right now. At all.

D

Deleted member 14134

Can I play the upcoming fore emblem on my old 3ds? Either way I probably won't get it.

I have a New 3DS XL and I love it. As someone who's never bought an XL handheld from Nintendo before, I was really hesitant to pick one up because I thought some games would be a pixelated mess, but I was pleasantly surprised to see games appear pretty much the same, except on a larger screen.

My other doubt heading in was about the added analog nub (C-stick?). Even though it's not as comfortable as the larger nub, it gets the job done. If you play Smash Bros., it's such a luxury to have for smash attacks.

The rest of the features aren't make or break for me. The Amiibo functionally is nice, though I only have one Amiibo currently and likely won't buy many more. The faster browser and loading times are another plus; however, I'd still rather use my phone or tablet to surf the Web. At least game download times on the eShop are significantly faster.

It seems you're on the fence about getting a New 3DS. Honestly, I would wait. I would only buy one if there is a limited edition model you want, and you want to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. The added features alone aren't enough to warrant a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom